Tropico 3 & 4 (66% off and 33% off) - Steam

TIWizard

Limp Gawd
Looks like all Tropico games are on sale this weekend.

Tropico 3 Gold Edition: 66% off, $5.09
Tropico 4: 33% off, $26.79

I see a lot of people playing it-- is it a fun game? Even Tropico 3 is cheap enough where I'll just buy it to have it...

Tropico 3 is a hell of a lot of fun, I haven't bought 4 yet.

All work and no play for El Presidente!

Tropico 3 is a great city builder, quirky and a few irritating bugs but classic creamy gameplay for strategy fans (its basically a perfect remake of the original Tropico with a good 3D engine and more content, Tropico 2 is essentially the same thing as Tropico 1 except with Pirates, Pirate ship missions, and other Pirate related content)... I'm playing Tropico 3 right this minute actually...

Tropico 4 is merely Tropico 3 with a few more buildings and minor touches. It's still Tropico 3, and it's not worth 40 bucks.. fucking insulting to Tropico 3 players because that game was to prove that there are a ton of fans of a niche old product line and it was supposed to fix/improve every aspect of the original -- in the end it only provided a facelift port of the original and a handful of new concepts and additions. Plus on top of that we were promised tons of Tropico 3 DLC and free updates to finish the game that, you know, they released prematurely and broken at release, but free updates and DLC that well, you know, we never got. The deep mechanic of many aspects of the game (citizen choice of patronage, garages, traffic, roads, to name several) is hideously broken, and they never touched that stuff in a patch (or even discussed it in the manual).

So "yes to Tropico 3, no to Tropico 4." We're not going to be milked and then screwed afterwards. Its one or the other.

edit: Should I add that Tropico 4 DLC is an utter insult? Any fan of the series will tell you that the Junta Military DLC is worth about 25 cents, even to a fan, when it costs 5 dollars. It is absolutely thoughtless in execution, plus it adds nothing of substance (very nearly -actually- nothing). Disgraceful. A mod team could do better work in a week.

Last edited:
Back