TRIM not working...help

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
so fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify returns 0, so trim is enabled

but trimcheck-0.7 returns "TRIM NOT WORKING"

win7 64...any ideas guys?

Computer set to AHCI mode and this mode is properly recognized by Win7?

Is this a single SSD or is it running in some type of RAID mode?

motherFUCKER!!

goddammit, how did that happen?

thanks BlueWeasel, you are totally right, I have been running in IDE mode since my last format, over 2 years ago

god

damn

really pissed right now

yeah yeah, laugh it up

not looking forward to a reformat right now

Why would you reformat?

Just shove it into ahci mode and see if it boots.
If you have an issue, use the windows repair mode to make it work again.
The last one I did, I just had to change it to ahci mode, the driver was already there, and it just worked.

It's also easy enough to google the registry setting that you need to change before a reboot and setting to AHCI. Works like a charm!

you guys sure?

I remember dealing with this once before (which is why I am so pissed at myself for forgetting to change this default last time) and at that time conventional wisdom was that there was no fix. Does it matter that I am on X58 ?

Install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard and it should work just fine. Those latest chipset drivers may be Intel's Chipset Device Software, currently version 10.0.27 as of 5/7/2015.

Edit: changed "should" to "may". I'm not entirely sure if Intel supports 5 series in the main chipset driver yet. Looking....

Edit 2: comments in this thread explains that 10.0.27 installer will update whatever needs updating on an x58 chipset. If nothing needed updating, it may install nothing and leave it at the version number it was before. It won't hurt anything.

Last edited:
thanks so much for the help guys

found and edited the registry key to enable the AHCI drivers

switched to AHCI in BIOS

IT BOOTED...YAY!!

went on ahead and ran 10.0.27 just because, I think it did find some stuff evilsofa, thanks

but TRIM is still not working ?? :( ??

any more ideas?

that application is probably wrong

And I don't think you need AHCI for TRIM support.

An interesting thread, in which the author of TrimCheck gets some very tough questions about whether the utility can possibly work as intended.

How long are you waiting between the two times you run TrimCheck? Wait a few minutes longer, or even a few hours.

or even a few hours.

good point

this whole exercise was initiated when I moved the bitcoin blockchain off my C: drive, almost 40 GB...I can imagine it taking an algorithm driven process some time to catch up with that.

Check your storage controller and look for the AHCI. What driver version is it?

10.0.27 does not support x58. You need to use 9.2.0.1030. But keep in mind that only gives an INF and still uses the Windows 7 driver. You will need to install RST 11.7 to get the updated AHCI driver to enable TRIM. TRIM requires RST 9.6.

RST 11.7

INF 9.2.0.1030

Also try to Re-run the WEI to get the updated specs. Windows uses that to check for SSD's.

Last edited:
I'm back, I see, thank you Chris

edit/ well, that was , interesting, now it prompts me for what OS I want to boot...even though win7 is the only option

Steam needed my password for the first time in months

and BOINC fired up projects that had been suspended for weeks since the weather got hot...unprompted

lol

Last edited:
You will need to reboot three times after running WEI for its SSD detection stuff to take effect.

dear god

now it wants to run disk check on my RAID on boot

the last time that happened was double plus ungood

I am not getting the RAID BIOS splash on boot

fuck fuck fuck...aghhhhhhhhh

Back