Triksy little hobbits/thumbnails

vinnie

[H]ard|Gawd
Mildy peturbed looking at my photo collection. I've got one photo in particular that I blurred out someones face. Used a fairly hefty dose of mosaic I think it was is PS, there's no way that the blurred face could possible be retrieved from the image.

All well and good- except in windows, the thumbnail for the jpg comes up unblurred in that section.

Where on earth is the thumbnail getting the original image from? I deleted the thumbs.db file in case it was hiding in there to no avail...

So, do JPG's keep an internal thumbnail? If so... why isn't it the same as the picture, ie where'd the blur go?

I would have seconded the thumbs.db motion. I would run a search for thumbs.db and delete all of them that are on your computer. My guess is you deleted the wrong thumbs.db... there is one for every folder you have in thumbnail view... good luck...

How about just refreshing the directory? (F5) Other than that, I would move the file to a different directory, then move it back..

Originally posted by psychosonik
I would have seconded the thumbs.db motion. I would run a search for thumbs.db and delete all of them that are on your computer. My guess is you deleted the wrong thumbs.db... there is one for every folder you have in thumbnail view... good luck...

Nah, I got the right one. Tried it again, same lack of progress.

Originally posted by defcom_1
How about just refreshing the directory? (F5) Other than that, I would move the file to a different directory, then move it back..

Tried and tried, to no avail. It comes up elsewhere as well.

This is kinda whack... how can it keep an original of the unedited image for the thumbnail? I thought they were dynamic :(

Try moving the file to a different directory and then moving it back. Alternatively, change the file name, refresh, and change it back.

Back