TRENDnet TEG-S80G 8Port Gb Switch 19.99+FS

xxxkaliboyxxx

Limp Gawd
I've been researching and looking for deals on switches with Jumbo packet support and I just happen to browse over to NCIX US website and saw this, I couldn't pass it up for 20$ with free shipping. Hopefully this will help someone out. Just in case anybody cares, it has 8 ports with a supposedly metal housing. It also has a 5 star rating with almost 400 reviews on NewEgg. Limit one per customer.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=36827&promoid=1058

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156251

Last edited:
Good price. I just got it from Amazon for $25. I could've saved a few dollars.

Got one for $25 on black friday 2011.
simple plug and play, and stays very cool.

good deal for anyone looking to add more ports.

I do have a question for the owners here, what kind of transfer rates are you guys getting and is it really a metal housing or just metal inside and plastic on the outside. Thanks in advance

Doesn't show free shipping to me when I get to the complete check out page. Tried 2 different shipping options. Is it only for members there?

I just went to the link and it says "free ground shipping on this item only". Do you have extra stuff in your cart? Also I'm not a member, but I did register a regular customer account

Last edited:
It says that for me too. But you can't deselect shipping or select a 0 price shipping method.

Thanks for posting this. Picked one up for when I do mini lan parties and to replace the 16 port switch I run 24/7 with 3 ports used :p

I do have a question for the owners here, what kind of transfer rates are you guys getting and is it really a metal housing or just metal inside and plastic on the outside. Thanks in advance

I haven't tested transfer speeds, but the switch is all metal. It feel pretty substantial. They're pretty small too. I us these and the five-port version almost weekly, I don't think you can find anything better for the price. Amazon is usually a bit cheaper than Newegg.

In for 1 - already have one and it runs very cool. Its actually room temperature to the touch.

Back