TP-Link WDR4300 - VPN connections not allowed while on WiFi

qhash

Weaksauce
Hi guys,

I have a wierd problem and can not solve it by myself nor google is any help.

Since the very beggning and two firmware versions back when I am using WLAN interface I can't connect to my office using VPN connection. If I switch to cable connection I am just fine and VPN works as expected. Tried everything - turning off SPI firewall, hardware NAT, etc - everything that could alter the behaviour of the bridged connection between WLAN and LAN interfaces. Nothing helped.

Few days ago I have installed DD-WRT and guess what - VPN works both on LAN and WLAN. That would be the answer to my problems, but unfortunately on my HW revision 1.0 DD-WRT works really bad, so I had to switch back to OFW. Even though, I think standard VPN client-server connection should work as expected and changing firmwares is no an ultimate solution.

What do you think?

What kind of VPN is it? IPSec or do you run the client directly on your computer?
//Danne

You can give this OpenWRT build a go, I haven't been able to test it yet so it's on your own risk but if you have installed the newest firmware you should have a TFTP recovery option as mentioned in the OpenWRT Wiki page on this device in worst case.

http://projects.pyret.net/dump/openwrt-test/
//Danne

Back