Took the plunge - Dell 3007 HC to arrive tomorrow...

vorpel

Limp Gawd
Wow - I never thought buying a monitor would be so difficult. Originally I wanted either the Gateway 30" or the Dell 3008, but after reading a ton of posts here I just can't bring myself to do it.

I went with the Dell 3007 HC as I only need this monitor to connect a PC as I have a Sharp 32" 32GP1U that will be doing the video and console gaming on.

With the savings in the cost difference I went ahead and bought a 2nd GeForce 8800GTX to do SLI on the new Dell 3007. I hope that will be enough horsepower to run most all games at it's native resolution.

Thanks to everyone who has posted about the various 30" monitors - your information and experiences helped out so much!

I'll post my results once I get the monitor.

-DC

I can confirm that 2 8800gtx's in SLI are more than enough to drive most games (not Crysis though :mad:) at max settings on 2560x1600, and it looks absolutely amazing!

The lower input lag on the 3007WFP-HC make it much better than the 3008WFP and XHD3000.

Have fun with your new monitor! :D

Great choice.

For a PC only high resolution display you cannot beat the 3007WFP with it's fabulous high gamut S-IPS panel and super fast electronics/low input lag.

If you find any games that are sluggish with 2xGTX's go into the NVidia control panel and turn on monitor scaling, and you will get fabulous visuals (almost as good as) 2560x1600 with 1920x1200 performance. You may be able to turn on AA to really increase the beauty. NVidia and ATI both have amazing scaler chips built in to their video cards.

All the best.

10e

How do you like the monitor so far? Any backlight bleeding?

I keep hoping the 3008s improve and the new NEC monitor is tempting but haven't seen any reviews. I don't really care about input lag 'cause my suck factor in reaction is bad to begin with. :) But if the 3007 HC isn't bad at all, perhaps going that route and saving some $ would be good.

Congrats on your purchase. You must understand that you now have a moral obligation to post pics! Your 3007 is the only other 30" LCD I'm considering besides the Samsung 305T.

i'm currently considering the 3007wfp-hc or the apple 30'' lcd (i have a credit of $600 at apple that would bring the price to about the same as a dell)...

despite reading reviews already, i'm curious to see what your reaction is...

i know the 3008 is out, but it's still too much $ IMO, and i don't like to buy a monitor until a couple of revisions come out...with the apple, it's hard to guess if they're going to refresh or come out with new cinema displays...

i've narrowed it down to these 2 displays for the time being...wondering how much difference there will be in general real world use...

Looking forward to your reactions! I want that monitor... Where did you order it from btw, and how long between order placed and delivery?

I been working overtime and got extra money to spent.

I am thinking of getting the 3007. Does it has bleeding and high pitch noise? What else do I have to worry about?

I now have the Dell 24" that is 2.5 yrs old and it is absolutely PERFECT. It has even lightning for any angle and no light leakage.

Will the 3007 be just as good as my 24" ?

Back