Too good to be true? 7900xt 639 on aliexpress

i dunno, got an elsa 5700xt on their back to school sale for 87$, still otw but many others receieved theirs. they are old mining cards but supposedly work well and benchmark close to a real 5700xt

this seems like an ok price, you can get them used on ebay for a bit more.

Maybe chinese retailers get them cheaper per unit to cater to chinese buyers so can sell cheaper? Not sure what the deal is, but let us know if you order it and receive it.

I've ordered several things from Ali Express lately. Mostly parts I found cheaper than ebay or newegg. So far so good. But, the most I've spent on a GPU from there is $50. It was not available in the US and the price was in line with the market. Not a mining card, just a low end GT 1010 I was curious about, brand new in the box. It took longer for it to get from LA to here than it took to go from China and clear customs in LA.

$600? I'm not going to risk that much, not worth the hassle to me. But check with your bank or cc protection policies and if they will cover you if an issue arises go for it.

AliExpress is fine - it's a marketplace, not a store. Find good stores and it's no worse than ordering on eBay - or half of Amazon nowadays.

I've probably spent $2k on Ali over the past two years and never had an issue - and Ali gives buyer plentys of protections if there are problems, with PayPal offering their own behind those. Had about about $500 worth of audio equipment arrive since last week, in fact. Prices are second-to-none if you wait for promos and coupon codes from sellers.

PS: Complaining about turnaround times from international orders placed during the pandemic is pretty tone-deaf^

Ali is fine. I mostly hit them up for house stuff and 3d printer stuff during their big sales.

I buy replacement parts for my VW on Aliexpress nothing suspension wise or motor related but stupid rain sensors and TPMS sensors etc work out great and are a fraction of the price that the dealer or amazon/ebay charges. That is about it.

to me it's not worth the hassle of lost in shipping or good luck on a warranty claim.

AliExpress is fine...
Ali is fine.
I buy replacement parts for my VW on Aliexpress...
liberty-3.jpg

i dunno, got an elsa 5700xt on their back to school sale for 87$, still otw but many others receieved theirs. they are old mining cards but supposedly work well and benchmark close to a real 5700xt

this seems like an ok price, you can get them used on ebay for a bit more.

Maybe chinese retailers get them cheaper per unit to cater to chinese buyers so can sell cheaper? Not sure what the deal is, but let us know if you order it and receive it.
I got the same 5700 XT and it is purring away in one of my rigs. I also got a 2060 Super for a similar price. No clue about this card, though.

I got the same 5700 XT and it is purring away in one of my rigs. I also got a 2060 Super for a similar price. No clue about this card, though.
yep got mine after a 2.5 week wait, works good besides the horrific flickering on the VA panel. but thats a common bug.

Back