Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Thatcher can kill power to a room? I didn't realize that, I'll have to check it out tonight.

Anyway, I had so much fun with the free code I went ahead and bought the game. I got lucky, though, I found someone on craigslist selling a key for $30 and he took $20!

I bet night ops will come with the expansion and their next 8 operators. My only regret was sleeping Saturday night and losing about 10 hours of my boost :O

His EMP grenade will kill all electronics including lights in the room but the lights thing only lasts about 5 or 6 seconds.

I posted info about season pass 4 sale on Amazon in hotdeals section. I was not going to get it, but "no rush shipping" promo bucks brought the price down.

I am shocked at how little performance hit happens with the ultra HD textures.

I bit the bullet on this game...$30 out of pocket legit thanks to some credit I had stashed on Amazon for a PC download... I feel good about it.

I'm still learning the ropes so I'm trying to bone up in Terrorist Hunt as a Lone Wolf. I'm a little bummed I can't choose the maps I want to play in that but it isn't the end of the world.

I'll say it again: This game looks and feels more like an RB6 than the Vegas games did. I desperately wish it had a robust single player component. That would put this over the top for me.

is there any reason to download the 4k textures if im playing at 1680x1050 on a 22" monitor?

Rainbow Six Siege patch 1.2 released

UbiSoft has announced that the 1.2 patch for Rainbow Six Siege is now live and comes with numerous improvements and fixes...

To help improve latency they are giving PC users the ability to choose which data centre they wish to connect to...this has to be done via some ini file editing but will be added to the UI at a later date

One of the most notable changes is an updated tick rate which has been one of the main concerns from players since the game was in beta last year (the last patch activated it in certain regions only but it's now available to all PC users)...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1368508-Patch-Notes-Update-1-2?

Last edited:
If you guys want to party up my name is duganator9 on uplay, or if you're bored I stream it pretty much every night on twitch.tv/duganator

Ubisoft is killing the best game it’s made in years

For many reasons Siege has thus far failed to make a commercial impact...the tragedy is that Siege offers something new and unique in the stalest of genres, the mainstream FPS...at one point it even looked like it might usurp the greats of the competitive shooter world...what's stopped it? Ubisoft...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/ubisoft-is-killing-the-best-game-its-made-in-years/

Ubisoft is killing the best game it’s made in years

For many reasons Siege has thus far failed to make a commercial impact...the tragedy is that Siege offers something new and unique in the stalest of genres, the mainstream FPS...at one point it even looked like it might usurp the greats of the competitive shooter world...what's stopped it? Ubisoft...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/ubisoft-is-killing-the-best-game-its-made-in-years/

That's a shame since the potential is certainly there and I am impressed with some aspects of it.

They should have given us the RB6 game we wanted so in a way I can't say I'm really going to shed a tear over this but in another way... it's a friggin' waste.

What I see in this game would have made a hell of a solid single player game and they could have an onliner component, too. There's a lot here to like and lot it does right. It "feels" more like an RB6 game than the Vegas games did, and yet we come to what's described in that article.

This game is frustrating as hell because of all the Uplay bullshit problems, I'm about ready to do a charge back it's so ridiculous !

That's a shame since the potential is certainly there and I am impressed with some aspects of it.

They should have given us the RB6 game we wanted so in a way I can't say I'm really going to shed a tear over this but in another way... it's a friggin' waste.

What I see in this game would have made a hell of a solid single player game and they could have an onliner component, too. There's a lot here to like and lot it does right. It "feels" more like an RB6 game than the Vegas games did, and yet we come to what's described in that article.

Had they given us a proper SP, I would have purchased it.

After playing the alpha (or beta?) I found it to be an extremely generic game. Lots of gizmos, social media ties to cover a lack of good gameplay, terrible shooting/moving mechanics, and lots of level ups. It was as cookie cutter as it could get. Maybe people are starting to hate airsoft like guns and characters that move around as they're drunk in their games as much as I do. :p

After playing the alpha (or beta?) I found it to be an extremely generic game. Lots of gizmos, social media ties to cover a lack of good gameplay, terrible shooting/moving mechanics, and lots of level ups. It was as cookie cutter as it could get. Maybe people are starting to hate airsoft like guns and characters that move around as they're drunk in their games as much as I do. :p

All this combined with the most toxic mic-using players I've experienced in a PC multiplayer game. The amount of shit-talking is on part with XBL.

I should have learned after Watch Dogs. Don't give Ubisoft money. Dumbass.

Last edited:
Every turd is unique, it doesn't mean its a good thing. This never was going to be a commercial success to begin with. I wasn't happy with it and I'm glad its not the "Next" big thing in FPS, I suppose if you wanted an OFP experience in close quarters this is your thing.

The Black Ice Operation is out. Not a season pass holder, so I can't wait to try the new operators next week :D

this game is so good, season pass is not really worth it imo, but getting access to everything next week is awesome. gives me time to finish tomb raider.

Played a few hours yesterday and suppressors are actually useful now. also new skins, yay!

fyi i have around 170 hours in this game. this coming from someone who barely got 50 hours out of BF4.

I definitely need to put more time into it. Got into the game late and have been constantly sidetracked, but I've had a blast in matchmaking with my buddies.

Well after watching a friend play the game for the passed few months on his xbox one i have decided to get it. It is slightly on sale on steam right now so i figured better then full price. I never played it on his xbox. He offers everytime but me playing shooters with a controller will make me hate it and thats not a fair first impression. Ill definitely lobby up with some of you guys though.

Had an amazing game night yesterday. Lost only 1 match by a small margin playing with a buddy. (we were 7 and 8 kills each, rest of potato team had 1) won every game after that. Yacht is an interesting map but I still don't know it yet.

cheezers (spawn killers) seem to be getting fewer and farer between. I always check windows and punish peekers. Hopefully netcode is tightened up in this mid month patch.

Right now closing in on 200 hours played. Can't wait for Frost on and Buck tonight!

I ended up picking up this game on the FS/FT because a friend plays it and wanted a teammate. Just started playing with the situations and stuff, but what operators should I focus on unlocking first? Looks like the newer guys are out of reach (though I hear they are really good) but for standard ones I haven't picked who to unlock yet.

As with all the new console ports, matchmaking ruins this game.....its broke and dont work worth a shit. Takes forever then you get paired up vs a team of all 100+ guys and you get anal raped over and over.

Needs server browser and a lot more work. Fucking Boobisoft.

Yeah so far my experience is you just get gang-raped over and over. Almost seems like there are some hackers as I get shot through walls while moving silently and with no chance of the guy seeing me. I see their kill cam and they just start firing through a wall for no reason and kill me.

I'm also getting some pretty bad graphical artifacting on only certain objects...the placeable shield thing shows up as half transparent and with polygon glitching all over, and the Operator 3D models are almost all glitched and messed-up. It's not related to GPU heat or anything, as everything else in the game looks fine.

Holy WTF?!?!?!?!?

The match making is completely fucked in this game.

In casual game, multiplayer, it matches you with like lvl players..........THEN it matches you with teams full of players who are close skill wise...........EVEN IF ALL OF THEM ARE LVL 60+.

WTF you stupid fucking morons?!?!?! Seriously? I spent all afternoon getting butt fucked by lvl 60+ teams. My team would have 11 (me), 20, 15, 44, 31.

How fucking stupid.....

I imagine that part of it is that high-level squads actually have full teams going in, whereas the rest of us just get screwed with randoms. Kind of blows...they can't match up similar levels all around?

Also, I can't get rid of the graphical artifacts which are frankly pretty game-breaking...yet I also can't find much info about them in the first place. It's not my GPUs, so I don't know WTF. Really want to like this game but they are making it hard.

And it is worse on coop - you endlessly wait on ppl to join to play coop. So bad........ubi you suck donkey balls.

Yeah so far my experience is you just get gang-raped over and over. Almost seems like there are some hackers as I get shot through walls while moving silently and with no chance of the guy seeing me. I see their kill cam and they just start firing through a wall for no reason and kill me.

Holy WTF?!?!?!?!?

The match making is completely fucked in this game.

In casual game, multiplayer, it matches you with like lvl players..........THEN it matches you with teams full of players who are close skill wise...........EVEN IF ALL OF THEM ARE LVL 60+.

WTF you stupid fucking morons?!?!?! Seriously? I spent all afternoon getting butt fucked by lvl 60+ teams. My team would have 11 (me), 20, 15, 44, 31.

How fucking stupid.....

Matchmaking in casual tries to match up similar level players, HOWEVER, it doesn't last very long, meaning that if you wait > 20 secs the odds are you will get matched with a higher level team is greater. As well, if you are in a squad of 2-3+ people, you have MUCH higher odds of being matched with another squad.

there is a patch to update ranked matches today which will make is so low ranked players will NEVER see high level players, this will increase time spent finding a match though.

If you want to be matched against lower level players more consistently, play ranked. casual, is just that, casual, its very open.

as a level 130, my advice is to git gud

seriously though, watch serenity17's videos on youtube if you need some solid pointers.

I'll check out those videos, thanks.

The definitions of "casual" versus "ranked" seem to be the opposite of what I would expect in this game.

My only complaint with this game is the lobby wait times. Other than that, me and my friends always have a blast playing this.

Almost seems like there are some hackers as I get shot through walls while moving silently and with no chance of the guy seeing me. I see their kill cam and they just start firing through a wall for no reason and kill me.

You can shoot through certain walls if they're not reinforced. They most likely soundwhored you.

Good to know...I couldn't really hear myself moving so figured it would be the same on both ends.

This is what my graphics look like on the Operators screen and when someone deploys a shield:

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege2016-2-20-15-11-30.jpg
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege2016-2-20-15-25-41.jpg

Everything else looks fine. I tried checking temps and re-verifying the game files...no dice.

This is what my graphics look like on the Operators screen and when someone deploys a shield:

Everything else looks fine. I tried checking temps and re-verifying the game files...no dice.
A common cause of stray vertices is the memory on the video card is overheating. Most video cards don't have temperature sensors on the on-board RAM, if you open the side of the case - and point a high speed household fan directly at the GPU and play the game - if it stops happening high memory temps are probably the issue and better case airflow might be the solution.

I'll check out those videos, thanks.

The definitions of "casual" versus "ranked" seem to be the opposite of what I would expect in this game.

casual can be pretty tough as you have good players and bad players mixed in. A lot of the times the bad players are a huge handicap. It can make you a better player assuming that your team will always pick the absolute worse pathing and the enemy team will always headshot you as soon as you are seen. Get good at peaking and going for heatshots. It makes all the difference. If you miss assume you are dead. this game is absolutely punishing. It works both ways though. you can destroy a team just by taking out 1 key player.

when you do do queue up in ranked or with another friend, then you can setup double flanks and splitting the enemy team so can 2v1 or 2v2 them instead of 2v5. doesn't matter how good the player is, if you can get a good pitch on them they are dead.

So I tried clocking my VRAM down to stock...no change. Monitored my temps throughout the game and no issues there. I didn't get the weird shield glitch this time but the operator screen is still fucked up, they are all either glitched or entirely invisible.

Decently fun game...really depends on what team you get stuck with. Can't play Ranked until level 20 which kind of blows, you don't get a ton of progression each round, especially if you lose, then you get barely anything.

So I tried clocking my VRAM down to stock...no change. Monitored my temps throughout the game and no issues there. I didn't get the weird shield glitch this time but the operator screen is still fucked up, they are all either glitched or entirely invisible.

Decently fun game...really depends on what team you get stuck with. Can't play Ranked until level 20 which kind of blows, you don't get a ton of progression each round, especially if you lose, then you get barely anything.

lol, level 20, i don't even remember that far. I have around 250 hours or so into this. you'll have all ops but the DLC guys by around level 20-25 I think. DLC guys take a huge amount. get frost first, she is a game changer. get normal ops first. maybe ignore IQ, monty and tachanka. they are kinda bad.

my go to picks are

frost / smoke / jager but I roam most of the time. not all the time. sometimes you just have to hang in the objective.

for attackers I like ash / twitch / sledge / thermite / thatcher mostly in the order.

Yeah, I think I picked a few of those...unlocked a half dozen or so so far, you get a fair amount of points from just doing the Situation missions.

I watched some of the Tips videos from serenity17 and I think I'm starting to get a handle on the mechanics. It's a bit hard since you get randoms every time so sometimes you get people who know what they are doing, sometimes not.

Back