Titanfall update brings "Horde Mode" style co-op mode

Jerome36

2[H]4U
This oughta breath some new life into the game:

Titanfall getting four-player co-op mode, Frontier Defense, in upcoming update

Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment is adding a wave-based co-op mode called Frontier Defense to the game, the studio announced today in a Twitch stream.

Frontier Defense is a Horde mode-esque battle that pits four players against increasingly difficult waves of AI enemies, including "a bunch of different enemy types" that are entirely new to Titanfall, said designer Jason McCord during the livestream. Frontier Defense will be playable on all 24 of the game's maps; the livestream consisted of a few rounds on Angel City.

Frontier Defense, the first of three new modes, will arrive in Content Update 8. The others are Deadly Ground (Nov. 5) and Marked for Death Pro (coming Nov. 26). In the former mode, the floor is electrified smoke, which "encourages players to really use wall-running abilities," said Respawn community manager Abbie Heppe. According to McCord, the studio had "kind of jokingly talked about" implementing something like the mode for a while.

Full Article

If the playerbase is still around when this game hits sub-$20, I might pick it up for something like this.

COD and Titan Fall suffer the same thing keeping players for the duration.

Realized their playerbase is scattered due to scarce amount of people playing and how shallow the game is, they needed to add something that will bring some people back.. also hoping they would find it fun enough to buy more DLC I guess.

Realized their playerbase is scattered due to scarce amount of people playing and how shallow the game is, they needed to add something that will bring some people back.. also hoping they would find it fun enough to buy more DLC I guess.

I think the reason is irrelevant, it's pretty admirable they're supporting the game this much after launch. Free content, improved graphics/performance, and a host of fixes? They didn't have to do any of that, especially with such a low playercount on PC.

I think the reason is irrelevant, it's pretty admirable they're supporting the game this much after launch. Free content, improved graphics/performance, and a host of fixes? They didn't have to do any of that, especially with such a low playercount on PC.

Last gasp of air, or "still supporting the game", call it whatever you want but they most definitely had to do it, because Titanfall 2 is riding on their ability to successfully wash the bad taste out of peoples mouths and make them forget why they stopped playing TF. These last-ditch features should have been there at the outset, because the damage is already done and most of the playerbase they'll never be able to recapture.

Yeah, they probably should have focused on free updates like this first instead of trying to milk for DLC.

Yeah, they probably should have focused on free updates like this first instead of trying to milk for DLC.

Yeah, but they've been giving the game free updates for a while now, between releases DLC (this is the 8th one, with more coming next month). They introduced new game modes, added new features to customize your Titan, etc. It's not like they were only putting out paid DLC and only now are they offering free feature enhancements.

I like Titanfall. I suck at it, but I really like playing it. It can get repetitive, but I just put it up for a few days and then come back.

I played several rounds of Frontier Defense last night. I had fun, although my one complaint is that it seemed pretty easy, especially when compared to the Horde mode on Gears of War. It could just be the particular maps I played, and that they are less challenging than others.

This really should have been in the game from the start so they could have got sales from the people who like co-op. Oh well.

Back