Tinkers

Bloefield

[H]ard|Gawd
Man I just my 3rd Tinker in a row after having had about 6 Gromacs in a row.
Using a P3 850 I finish a Gromac in less than 3 days and a Tinker in about 4. Finished my 10th WU, got about 540 points.
I guess since the new guidelines I'm destined for Tinkers.
Oh well.

I thought the update to the new guidelines was that if you wanted gromacs, you'd get gromacs if you used all the switches. Does anyone know what the real story is?

Im new at this but my first 3 were Gromacs, took about a day each. Now I got a Tinker. Its been about 20 hours and its only at 15%
Is this right ?

Im Folding on an IBM Intellistation Dual XEON 800 , Its my game server and its on 24/7

Mattman said
I thought the update to the new guidelines was that if you wanted gromacs, you'd get gromacs if you used all the switches
I'm not really sure but I've got the adv-methods and forcesse things in, that's how I got the gromacs when I first started. If there are other commands I should check it out. My fault for not paying too close attention. I've been letting the P3 fold 24/7 while playing with my new P4:)

I have 11 machines running did a check on them at home and at work & they all seem to be chugging along on a Tinker........

*sigh*

The last post in that thread refers to what I was talking about - when he said that if you want gromacs, the -advmethods should keep you getting gromacs.

Back