ti4400 + Det 53.03's = Hard lockup. Which drivers should I use?

KingPariah777

[H]ard|Gawd
I upgraded my Detonators to the latest 53.03's off of the nvidia site...these new drivers suck.

I get flashing and pausing in UT2k3, and then today the entire machine locked up after about 5 seconds of horrendous graphical glitches.

All of this happened with these new drivers. I used to use the 41.09's, but figured I might as well update them. I would like a more modern set of drivers, but these latest set suck.

My question is, what drivers for a ti4400 would you guys recommend?

I like the 4.9.4.2, they've worked great for me. I'm not a benchmarker though... just a gamer ;)

Why do you guys like the 40.72's ? Is it because they benchmark well? Are they more stable? Better picture quality?

I used the 53's but bf1942 would have issues and once you quit the game I had to reset in order for it to run again. (would get D3D device failed- out of memory error) I tried reinstalling both bf and the 53's again and even D3d but it was the same issues. I gave the 40.72's a try and instantly all the problems were solved. I have a PNY Ti4400.

I say use the 40.72s as they are the best optimised drivers for the GF4 Ti series cards.

If you use a GF3 , the 30.82s are great.

Back