Ti 4200 cooler

SquiDDy

Limp Gawd
so, i got my radeon 9600xt in today [btw it didnt have a voucher for hl2 wich made me very mad :(] and decided that the nice shiny ice berq pro 4 cooler that i had on my ti4200 would compliment it nicley, so after about a hour of hacking, and drilling, i got it to fit on very nicley, after i had it all finished up, and put a way, i went to go put the stock cooler on my ti4200 [the iceberq donor] and to my suprise, i couldnt find it :(

so long story short, anyone know where to find a 4200 cooler for realy realy cheap, so i can sell it with one, or want to give me one, any one will do, im not going to be picky with this.

thx for all help in advance

ian-

Well you can check compusa if you are in a rush...Mail order maybe look for a crystal orb(~9+shipping)...blue orbs(~6+shipping) are common on ti4200s(BFG for example). The fans tend to fail in a year(blue orb). Not sure how it will influence sale value if you get a higher end sink. Another options is to upgrade the Ati cooling:)

Maybe a froogle search etc...svc and newegg tend to carry both. Svc is likely better should you need other items.

Another option is to find an old cpu sink.

thermaltake makes a decent gf4 cooler, it was pretty popular back in the day... take off the plastic piece on top of the copper pin cooler, it'll quiet the fan down (the fan is an ungodly whiner). Also, for the HL2, you can go to ATI's website... i think they have it so anything purchased after oct 31 or something (can't remember the date) is eligible for HL2. you should be able to get you some lovin' with just a receipt/UPC.

anyone know of somthing cheaper, or better yet free, like somones old stock one??

i realy need help quick guys, i know you know wich of these coolers will fit

i would realy like to buy one tonight

i know the thermal take ones come with tape, so hrmm....

i also found my stock one, but it needs some adhesive to work, since i was glued on, and dosent have the right type of holes to line up for using pins

Back