Three monitors on a 6850

Phranq

Gawd
Heyo, debated posting this here or in the displays section, but I was looking for some insight before I go drop money on something that may or may not work.

So I currently have my TV (1920x1200) hooked up via HDMI and my computer monitor (1920x1080) hooked up to via DVI on my ATI 6850. I want to add a third display (looks like a third display needs to be via the displayport with an active adapter) that is much lower resolution (something 16:9 but much lower res, 720 maybe). Can the card do that? I know all about ATI Eyefinity and stretches things across three screens, but I just want three separate monitors plugged in (it's confusing, one runs to a capture card actually, so I want the capture card + main monitor + side small monitor).

Yes, you can run the 3 monitor off the 6850. You will still need an Active DVI or VGA adapter unless the display has native Displayport.

Awesome, thanks. Just wasn't sure about 3 different resolutions and didn't want to buy an adapter to have it not work in the end.

Back