thoughts?

zg75

Limp Gawd
I was having issues that I thought were power related with my twin 7800GTs and it turns out there is something wrong with the cards themselves. Even though they get fed enough power they claim not to receive enough and downclock. The only way I can think of around this is to use NiBiToR to set the 2d clock to the same as the 3d clock. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this would work, what effect it would have? (aside from more heat, shorter mean time to failure, and the like).

I picked up a 7900gs to get me by for now, but I haven't had the time (or the guts?) to actually mod the BIOS to see if that has the effect of thwarting the system sentinel induced underclocking.

hmm.. is your warantee time up? cause i"d send those in instead of taking the risk of blowing your warantee. don't downclock your 7800GTs, it'd defeat the purpose of buying them in the first place. your 7900GS is a good holdover card.

They are nV ref cards, no warranty and I meant changing the 2d clock to the same as the 3d so that when it 'downclocked' it would be running at 3d frequencies.

Back