thoughts on those generic high-dpi gaming mice on amazon and ebay?

Well DPI isn't really a measure of how good a sensor is. It's really difficult to tell what's inside of these mice and for the most part it's made with lesser parts with a 'high dpi spec'. The issue is that most of these sensors will skip and jump, especially depending on the surface that you are using. I would suggest trying to spend at least $30 for something with an Avago 3090 sensor or better.

Asides from the sensor, and this is purely speculation, but I would suspect that the buttons could break more easily using cheaper parts. Specifically the main mouse buttons, or the middle click, or even the scroll wheel not properly working.

I'm sure reviews can be all of the place concerning these mice, and maybe for many users it works well for them. But on other forums I've seen complaints about these cheaper mice attributed to their sensors.

so very true, on the other hand I have had mice using Avago sensors that they were POS mice that were not worth the amount being charged. Coolermaster very much so, great features/price/performance but they so do not come close to meeting up with the ratings given to them, in theory and factory testing sure, in imperical real world testing not even close.

To me, the big thing is yes proper sensor workmanship A and B mouse skates that are not soft enough where you barely have to touch them to leave a mark in them like virtually all Logitech mice :( and general workmanship as you stated essentially that buttons don't snap off, don't lose paint get messed up coloration from sweat etc.

Hey for $15 or so shipped I would try it out at least once, I have had some actually very solid products headsets, monitors, mice, speakers, food and so forth that were much lower cost then their "brand name" brothers, however, I certainly would not do this where it could mean life of death say like power supplies, medication, tires and the like.

Well DPI isn't really a measure of how good a sensor is. It's really difficult to tell what's inside of these mice and for the most part it's made with lesser parts with a 'high dpi spec'. The issue is that most of these sensors will skip and jump, especially depending on the surface that you are using. I would suggest trying to spend at least $30 for something with an Avago 3090 sensor or better.

Asides from the sensor, and this is purely speculation, but I would suspect that the buttons could break more easily using cheaper parts. Specifically the main mouse buttons, or the middle click, or even the scroll wheel not properly working.

I'm sure reviews can be all of the place concerning these mice, and maybe for many users it works well for them. But on other forums I've seen complaints about these cheaper mice attributed to their sensors.
thanks for the info. surely they can't be as bad as Razer mice though, yes? lol...

Back