Thoughts about BFG's cards that come pre overclocked... read

Homer

Limp Gawd
I wonder... How would bfg know if you overclocked your videocard more than they already are (which voids the warranty)? I mean once and a while a card has to crap out because they are slightly already overclocked, and shit happens. Would they really know if you OCed it more?

they are monitoring you with spyware over the internet right now. the second you o/c the card they know. they know you typed that ^post^.

they r on 2 u

I don't think so, but I remember someone posting that a BFG official hinted at a chip on the card that records clock speed variations.

yeah right, is that really true???? Where can I read this or find more info on it?!?!

No, but I just ordered 2 7800 gtxs and I wanna make sure if I oc them a bit that I will stil be able to RMA them. Even though BFG says you cannot if they were OCed...

Homer said:
No, but I just ordered 2 7800 gtxs and I wanna make sure if I oc them a bit that I will stil be able to RMA them. Even though BFG says you cannot if they were OCed...

Well if BFG says you can't then obviously you are not supposed too. Btw your sig is to big lol.

ahhhh, shit guys, sorry about the sig, all along I couldnt see the sigs anyways (guess I had the setting turned off for some reason). I'll shorten it up

Yeah, we really do not care if you have a 24" SATA cable or not....... :p

Anyway, they probably can not tell, but if you OC you should know that you are voiding your warranty and if you ruin the card its your fault and not BFG's. I get a particular bad taste in my mouth when people RMA products when their failure is their fault.

Well, to tell you the truth, you actually never are 100% sure whos fault it was. If you overclock it and the fan dies, it might have died any ways if you didnt overclock it.

Homer said:
Well, to tell you the truth, you actually never are 100% sure whos fault it was. If you overclock it and the fan dies, it might have died any ways if you didnt overclock it.

That's simply an excuss people use. "Oh yes, I simply pushed my card 50Mhz above what its suppose to run at and the warrantied speed its suppose to but it cant be my fault". :rolleyes: Yeah right... If you OC you take the blame, your RMA's because of it only drive up cost for others.

i don't think they would know. but if you did try to return it because it fried im sure they would ask a lot of questions or whatever.

I have never heard of BFG voiding a warranty if you overclock it and it gets damaged.

However, it is damn near impossible to tell whether an OC damaged a card or it was just a failure or possibly a power surge. Unless the user admits it :)

Zero

How many of you would seriously bite the bullet on a new $500 or $600 video card if it died and you had overclocked it some? Killing a video card from overclocking it is pretty rare, especially with the new VPU sensors and throttling and everything. Its voltmodding that you have a greater potential for being the culprit of killing the card yourself.

A minor overclock doesn't drastically shorten the life of your card(if at all).

I have to agree with burning grave....

It is hard to fry a video card without volt modding it since there are usually tell tale signs you are pushing it too far (i.e. artifacts, random shut downs).

Zero

You know...I can't find anything in my EVGA warranty terms about it being void if overclocked...although there's the usual stuff about being warrantied against defect not against abuse, so it's still your own damn fault if you overvolt it too much and make it fry.

So...does that mean my factory OC'ed to 450MHz EVGA 7800GTX that I can then OC to around 500MHz, beats a BFG factory OC'ed to 460MHz, but that I can't OC any further without voiding my warranty or at least having to lie about it?

uve also voided the warranty. some guy a while back told them he underclocked it then they wouldnt replace it. lol.

jhzero1984 said:
I have never heard of BFG voiding a warranty if you overclock it and it gets damaged.

However, it is damn near impossible to tell whether an OC damaged a card or it was just a failure or possibly a power surge. Unless the user admits it :)

Zero
dude ur pretty new to the world of computers aren't ya Scooter.

Back