This is "getting too hot" deals on Powercolor 7900xtx

$830 signitifcantly cheaper than the XT at launch.

An Asus 1080TI MSRP was around $775-$780 at launch in 2017, that's around $965 2023 dollars, this is indeed getting out of hands.

a 4060 cheaper than the 2060/3060, starting to smell like a non crypto time, what next an interesting price/performance on a new card coming out ?

If one isn't using VR that is one hell of a price/performance card! Card even does RT well enough in comparison at that price point.
I welcome this. Get the 7900XTX to $799 so we can get a RTX 4080 at $999.

Is the coupon automatically applied on checkout? Can't see it here :[

Amazon seems to be moving the $100 coupon around to different brands of 7900XTXs. On Sunday it was Powercolor; yesterday it was Sapphire. Maybe another brand today?

We're getting closer to where these cards should be priced. The market should always win. Unfortunately, both nV and AMD have the cash reserves to hold the line on exorbitant prices until the market is artifically pulled along. It's a battle of wills at this point: consumers refusing to pay absurd prices vs. GPU makers and AIBs who want the pricing paradigm shifted permanently upwards. The line in the Sommes will likely end up somewhere in the middle of the demilitarized zone. The consumer will suffer, engineering and design will suffer as well.

We're getting closer to where these cards should be priced. The market should always win. Unfortunately, both nV and AMD have the cash reserves to hold the line on exorbitant prices until the market is artifically pulled along. It's a battle of wills at this point: consumers refusing to pay absurd prices vs. GPU makers and AIBs who want the pricing paradigm shifted permanently upwards. The line in the Sommes will likely end up somewhere in the middle of the demilitarized zone. The consumer will suffer, engineering and design will suffer as well.

Well if we get a repeat of the last time, the next series will launch at reasonable market pricing. This is the Turing-Ampere scenario playing out the same way yet again. Crypto miners inflated the prices. Cypto mining was profitable until just about the next launch cycle. GPU manufacturers launch at crypto inflated prices. Inventory has difficulty moving after crypto tanks. Ampere/RDNA launch at reasonable prices.

XTX is almost down to 750.00 where I thought it should have been priced at. Nvidia will have to follow suit soon if they want to keep there market share.

XTX is almost down to 750.00 where I thought it should have been priced at. Nvidia will have to follow suit soon if they want to keep there market share.
Why was the XTX supposed to have been priced at $750? The only one that came in too-high, relative to nVidia, was the XT.

Why was the XTX supposed to have been priced at $750? The only one that came in too-high, relative to nVidia, was the XT.

Changing the top of the stack price would have lowered the prices on the rest. Secondly that price would have put a serious crimp in the 4080 sales as well, since they could not match the 4090 performance.

Changing the top of the stack price would have lowered the prices on the rest. Secondly that price would have put a serious crimp in the 4080 sales as well, since they could not match the 4090 performance.
I think AMD could price GPUs at half of the competing GeForce parts, and the market would still gobble up the nVidia parts - Windows XP-era driver suite and all.

I think AMD could price GPUs at half of the competing GeForce parts, and the market would still gobble up the nVidia parts - Windows XP-era driver suite and all.

It's entirely possible, but I also think AMD could spend some marketing dollars to build the gpu brand back up as well. They need to reach the general public more then just hardware enthusiast sites or youtube tech channels.

Amazon seems to be moving the $100 coupon around to different brands of 7900XTXs. On Sunday it was Powercolor; yesterday it was Sapphire. Maybe another brand today?

The Sapphire's have a $50 coupon right now but they're both at or above 999 without it.

The Sapphire's have a $50 coupon right now but they're both at or above 999 without it.
Yeah the $100 coupon was yesterday. I posted about it yesterday morning in the Sapphire thread in this forum.

Personally, I was only aware of discounts to the XT and not the XTX, but man, if anything is "correct" above, those are great deals on an XTX IMHO. Obviously, only for those into expensive high end gear...

I would keep checking amazon everday. They are moving around on coupons so keep an eye out for it. This was definitely there yesterday. They really must be moving them given coupons are coming off with in a day. Probably limit on how many coupons they can honor for each.

A "hot" deal on this would be around $599. "Too hot" would be anything under that. Prices on high end cards are just plain ridiculous, even factoring in inflation.

On the flip side it's nice to see them coming down. It means the market is recognizing and punishing card makers for their inane prices.

A "hot" deal on this would be around $599. "Too hot" would be anything under that. Prices on high end cards are just plain ridiculous, even factoring in inflation.

On the flip side it's nice to see them coming down. It means the market is recognizing and punishing card makers for their inane prices.
We need a Punisher themed value series of cards.

(Maybe Intel will make those?)

Back