This is a carbon copy of the 2000 series launch

bigbluefe

[H]ard|Gawd
Overpriced, underperforming, rushed to market with bad quality control, broken drivers.

The 3080 doesn't have enough VRAM, the 3090 underperforms.

Fuckers couldn't even get G-Sync working at 120hz.

The overclocked cards don't even work.

https://videocardz.com/newz/geforce-rtx-3080-sees-increasing-reports-of-crashes-in-games

SleepyNarrowDiamondbackrattlesnake-small.gif

How long did it take 2000 series cards to finally be in decent stock? (just curious)

I am planning to buy rtx 3090. So buy rtx 309 or not because of that problem?

Okay so like, less than a month.
Yup but I probably will be cautious about availability with the 30 series release as Nvidia finally given people to upgrade where as the 20 series release, there wasn't really much reason to upgrade from the 10 series.

I am planning to buy rtx 3090. So buy rtx 309 or not because of that problem?

I think it's more like don't spend a thousand dollars+ on ANYTHING before it's actually been vetted and you know it's a quality product.

Spending this kind of money on crap that doesn't even work is lunacy.

I think it's more like don't spend a thousand dollars+ on ANYTHING before it's actually been vetted and you know it's a quality product.

Spending this kind of money on crap that doesn't even work is lunacy.
Ridicilous. Maybe i skip that series. I have 2080 Ti Waterforce or wait for 3090 Waterforce

bigbluefe exactly, for one, people need to stop pre-ordering crap, wait until real people have used it vs trusting marketing hype.

exlink my bad then, i thought NVIDIA had them on their site and some stores, but seems it was just "notifications" you could sign up for.

Overpriced, underperforming, rushed to market with bad quality control, broken drivers.

The 3080 doesn't have enough VRAM, the 3090 underperforms.

Fuckers couldn't even get G-Sync working at 120hz.

The overclocked cards don't even work.

https://videocardz.com/newz/geforce-rtx-3080-sees-increasing-reports-of-crashes-in-games

View attachment 282009

Did you buy a 2080ti on release last time? Did you buy a 1080 on release? How about the 980? I did. I’d like to hear your experience and we can compare notes.

On the 20 series launch I was able to get cards within the first 2 weeks, I wanted the strix 2080ti but they were sold out but zotac's 2080ti amp was readily available for me and I finally caved. I bought the wife a 2080 strix when they became available then returned my zotac after artifacts for a strix 2080 all within 18 days. I had the zotac for just over a week before it started acting funny. This launch as far as availability is worse than the 20 series. I had so many orders canceled because basically no one knows how many cards are actually available, then the bots buying the ones that are available makes this a cluster.

Tomorrow I will get my 3080 for the wife while I wait in line for EVGA's step-up program for my 3080. Even for me to get the first one it took days of trying and finally the wife telling me to do something different because this launch is a different beast.

Back