ThinkPad Yoga 460 (20FY0002US) no video HDMI out

JHFerry

Weaksauce
I've had my Yoga working almost flawlessly since purchase. I use a Wacom Cintiq without issue and our of no where, I get a black screen on display 2. I've tried multple displays and cables. I am aware converters do not work on this model so these are straight connections. I uninstalled drivers but that didn't help. Plugging in HDMI from a basic display turns the primary screen black.

Before messing with the drivers, I could at least have the primary screen up so basically, I made it worse.

This model has both integrated Intel 520 and Nvidia 940 graphics. From what I recall, plugging into the mini dp or HDMI are hard wired to the Nvida chipset. I downloaded a nvidia cleanup utility and started over. At least now I have the mini dp port back. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've been able to duplicate the displays and confirm Windows does see both displays. No matter what cable, resolution though I cannot get video to actually display. So weird, I get the no signal on whatever is connected to HDMI but Windows lets me change the resolution, extend, etc.

I've tried both Windows 10 and Windows 7, blowing away the partitions and installing from scratch. This started with a powered USB-C hub for my Wacom Cintiq. It has HDMI to connect the Cintiq which is USB-C to the laptop which is HDMI. At first I thought I just blew out the drivers. Now I am afraid somehow to blew the port. I dont even know how that is possible while I can see and manage any display connected, it will not put out video. The HDMI even shows up in audio options when connected. Its like everything works except the signal being sent out. So weird.

Back