thinking bout getting a prometeia

jetjaguar

2[H]4U
well as the subject says .. in a few months im planning on getting a prometeia system with the lian li case .. i cant stand fan noise no more .. and i think will be a good investment .. what do you guys think about them ?

they are great from what ive heard/seen... I'm waiting till I have the money too, then getting one

I went from water to a mach I then back to water. The reason i sold it is becuase i hated the wait time on boot, plus i didnt get much more out of the cpu before something else became a bottlneck.

well.. you've got to wait for the heating plate and the compressor... I don't know from first hand experience, but I'm guessing a minute or two.

ive heard about 3 minutes, but you can restart without having to wait. its not that loud so you should be able to run it 24 7 and never have to wait

I think on paper it said anywhere from 2.5-4 mins. In my case it was always faster (even during summer) which was about 2 mins. The unit is very quiet once it gets past the initial startup. What i didnt like was sometimes you need to hard reset by powering down the whole rig while overclocking, and with a prommy youd have to let it sit for 5 mins before powering it on again. If you did power it on before the 5 mins something funny happened, im not sure what but the temps would go up and up and the rig would take forever to cool down, like around 10-13 mins as i recall. In my case i was able to get my xp2500 to 2.6x ghz but on water it can get to 2.45 ghz. Not much more OC on the prommy in my case, maybe it was something else holding me back. I do miss it though, extreme coolness with no noise but it is a hassle to deal with.

Back