Thinking about waiting?

Driverheaven did a comparison between the AGP and PCIe X800XT cards:
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/R423/

They found out that the AGP card performed just as good and in some benchmarks better than the PCIe version of the card, so if you were thinking about waiting for the PCIe version of the X800XT, there is no reason.

well, one reason, i suppose, is just for the sake of having a PCI-E ready motherboard for future upgrades.

TheSpoon said:
well, one reason, i suppose, is just for the sake of having a PCI-E ready motherboard for future upgrades.

Well I meant waiting for performance, but your right on future proof

why get pci-e, you probably won't see a huge performance gain from this generation. I personally think you are better off building a new sytem next year with PCI-E when everything is worked out tweaked and cheaper!

pci-e = overrated this year. im sure it will be the "want to have" next year.

nova[11] said:
why get pci-e, you probably won't see a huge performance gain from this generation. I personally think you are better off building a new sytem next year with PCI-E when everything is worked out tweaked and cheaper!

i think that at any given point in time, it can be truthfully stated that you will be better off building a new system 6+ months from that point in time.

my point is that you can't wait forever. there is always something around the corner. eventually you have to decide to build it, and for some people that time is now.

no, there are sometimes the upgraded is needed and you will actually see results now, its a waste of money for the performance gain if any for the next year.

im doing a whole CPU upgrade when the next windows comes out and gets past its first SP ;) till then ill probably get a 6800GT or a 5900XT and a 3.0C or a 3.2C should still be able to run almost anything :)

The IT sector is too god damned unperdictable. Anyone who thinks their new comp is future proof is a tool. Build for today, best way to go about it.

Back