think the dell 2001fp will ever be 750$ again?

EnToXiCa

n00b
So i was watching the second airing of TechTV and they mention the deal for the monitor so i go online read a review for it and try to order it around 11pm PT but then i see the deal expired at 12 CT so I guess I got screwed.

Anyone care to guess if we will ever see this deal again?

Probably, the deal has happened multiple times, and I believe it happens either once a month for 3 days or once every other month. I was unable to afford it this time around, however next time around hopefully I will be able to. :D

think they'll ever rerun the 1901fp at $515? i picked one up and since then i havent seen it go for less then $550

750 seems a bit expensive. I just bought mine from dell a new 2001fp for $600. ;) I'll get them on monday, ill post a pic when i put it together.

later,
epic

can everyone else get them for $600? or do you just have some kind of special discount?

Originally posted by Dan UCF
can everyone else get them for $600? or do you just have some kind of special discount?

That price had to do with him returning 7 of them and saying it cost him $ for the time he missed from work, or something like that I believe.

I looked yesterday and I believe it's 20% off with free shipping till 4/7. It's around $850.

i bought one off ebay from a powerseller for $750 a couple weeks ago, but payed a hefty $80 shipping :eek: . there were 5 dead pixels though, seems a little high.

Originally posted by PacknHeat
That price had to do with him returning 7 of them and saying it cost him $ for the time he missed from work, or something like that I believe.

I looked yesterday and I believe it's 20% off with free shipping till 4/7. It's around $850.
No I actually got them for $600 a piece. ;) Had to buy 3 of them, but still a great price. Free shipping, only had to pay 6% for taxes. Brand new. I just called dell direct, talked to a great csr, and he sold me 3 when i only wanted to buy 1. Still for the price i think i got a great deal.

later,
epic

$1000......$2500..........$25.........$1800.

Sir, that doesn't even make any sense.

*sigh* He uh, he doesn't know how to haggle.

Family Guy reference. Being sold 3 times more than what you originally wanted.

i wasnt looking at buying 3, but then my brother said he'll take one. And I always wanted to run dual monitors, so i had to go for it at that price. They should arrive today. ;)

later,
epic

Bought mine about a month ago and paid $908 for it shipped... I believe it was $850.00 plus sales tax where I live.

Either way I feel it's worth 900 - the best LCD I've seen so far.

So how does this LCD compare to the ViewSonic VP201s ?

The dell site just mentioned refresh rates, and I wonder how a '16 ms response time' translates? Is the Viewsonic worth the extra several hundred?

Anybody seen/used both?

Sorry if I'm 'jacking this thread... I can start another if need be.

If I recall correctly, the VP201 uses the same panel as the 2001FP does.

They are 799 on all dell websites until 4-7-04 from what I can see.

Makes no sense to vary the prices like they do..unless they are hurting for cash.

BillR

Originally posted by BillR
They are 799 on all dell websites until 4-7-04 from what I can see.

Makes no sense to vary the prices like they do..unless they are hurting for cash.

BillR
No, I think its more a matter of keeping inventories low. Having too much inventory means that you have ot have more warehouses of equipment that depreciates as time goes by. Better to keep inventories moving.

later,
epic

Originally posted by Vexorg
If I recall correctly, the VP201 uses the same panel as the 2001FP does.

I googled it with a few variations and didn't find anything. You got any clues as to where I might confirm this?

If its a definate, that really makes the monitor a spectacular deal.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by epicstruggle
i wasnt looking at buying 3, but then my brother said he'll take one. And I always wanted to run dual monitors, so i had to go for it at that price. They should arrive today. ;)

later,
epic

run all 3.. having a nice tri lcd display has always been my dream.. espeically with 2001fps.. that would own [H]ardcore... too bad i'll never be able to afford something such as that

Originally posted by BrettG
I googled it with a few variations and didn't find anything. You got any clues as to where I might confirm this?

If its a definate, that really makes the monitor a spectacular deal.

Thanks for the help.

Now that you mention it, I can't find anything defniitive to say what panel is in the Viewsonic, but it is a 20.1" with 16ms response time, and I believe that LG is the only company that makes one like that currently (the Samsung 213T is a larger panel, but 25ms.) I can't tell you for sure that it is the LG panel, but I'll say you definitely can't go wrong with the Dell.

Specs (from Viewsonic's site)

Back