These Aerodynamic Umbrellas Won't Fly Away

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Necessity is the Mother of Invention and this new umbrella design is proof positive. It’s about time that someone designed an umbrella that won’t fold up on you in the wind and go flying out of your hand. The Senz umbrella has been designed to withstand winds up to 70 miles per hour and maintain its integrity. (who carries an umbrella in a hurricane anyway?). The first thing I thought of was the shape looks amazingly like a stealth bomber. :cool:

bought one of those on woot almost a year ago for walking to class. It gets incredibly windy in hoboken, there are countless times where i will be walking along fine with my umbrella and i see other people's normal umbrellas get turned inside out or destroyed. Well worth the money if you can get it for a decent price. Shows up on woot or woot sellout fairly frequently (at least 2 or 3 times so far).

It gets incredibly windy in hoboken, there are countless times where i will be walking along fine with my umbrella and i see other people's normal umbrellas get turned inside out or destroyed.
Yup, its even worse across the river in hobobarbie.

The downside of these umbrellas is that they suck for actually stopping the rain from hitting you unless it's falling straight down.... which oddly enough doesn't happen when it's windy

We get 20 major typhoons a year, more if you include the little ones. If there's an umbrella that can actually survive a year of daily commutes through that, and not cost an arm and a leg, i'll take one!

The downside i can see with this design is that it doesn't really help you against the rain.

Back