ThermalTake PSU Any Good?

I have heard nothing but good reviews from Thermaltake's PSU's

But for that price... I would get an Antec PSU.

This should be in the Power Supply forum. I don't blame you though for putting in GH. The psu forum isn't busy enough. ;)

My next PSU will probably be a Thermaltake if my Antec Tru Power ever fails. They are indeed high quality and priced very reasonably. If you have a window in your case then you'll get the most out of the flashly looks of the thermaltake compared to the no frills Antec PSU (albeit the Tru Blu series is pretty cool). To be more specific, I was thinking of going with the TT Silent Power 480 with PFC but I'm sure that 410W one you're looking at is nice.

i'd check out Fortron/Sparkle. you can get a 530w Sparkle at newegg for $69. i've got one in my overclocked dualie right now, and it's a hell of a PSU.

i like to stick to brands i am familiar with. (allied antec enermax thermaltake) i was looking at coolmax but im not very sure. how are the coolmax psu?

i was looking at antec but its either too much or not enough power. im looking in the range of 400 on up for about 70 dollars.

(the power supply forum is just about dead.)

I've heard nothing but good about Tt's PSU's. And as a bit of a testimonial, I have the 420W Silent PurePower that came with my XaserIII and it's absolutely rock solid, delivering very stable voltages to my system. When I upgrade the wife's system, I'm planning on getting one of their's with the active PFC.

I have a Thermaltake 480w Silent PurePower or whatever it's called... It really is quiet. You can adjust how fast you want the fan to go, or you can put it on auto.

DRJ1014 said:
i like to stick to brands i am familiar with. (allied antec enermax thermaltake) i was looking at coolmax but im not very sure. how are the coolmax psu?
(the power supply forum is just about dead.)
:(

Awww... it's not that dead is it?

Anyway, Allied = Deer = Worse PSU on the planet, so while I do understand where you are coming from, it may be wise to do a little more research before considering even brands you are familiar with. Coolmax PSUs are not known for their quality, so my sig says it all:

For a solid budget PSU, anything from the Forton/Aopen/Sparkle line will do go, as will Enlight/TT/Tagan

Back