Thermaltake Core V1 Snow Edition

Prizm4

n00b
Thermaltake Core V1 Snow Edition

njbKMd6.jpg

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002701

Dang that looks nice. I was going with a Node 304 for my Skylake build, but I think I'll be switching now that there's a white version of the V1. Any thoughts on this case?

I agree the V1 looks very good. This kind of design has been very successful ever since the old Mac Pro (or whatever it was called). @22,7L it is a bit on the fat side (if you care). Which one looks better is highly subjective though, and i have no idea how the build quality in the V1 is.

Some key features i find relevant.
1 - 304 can fit longer GPU (310mm V 260mm)
2 - on V1 there is no conflict between GPU and PSU, giving you a wider choice of PSUs
3 - Cable management will be easier on V1
4 - Side I/O sucks, but the V1 has it on the "proper side" imo.
5 - 304 actually fits the SFF criteria (19,6L)
6 - V1 probably has better airflow.

If I were on the market for an off-the-shelf SFF case I think I would go for the 304. Almost did before i found the M1. I still agree with myself. However if GPU length is not a deal breaker and if you like the V1, get the V1.

Looks like a mini fridge... but if you like that's all that matters.

haha I do prefer the front exterior of the white Node 304 as opposed to the mesh, although the V1 does need the mesh for the 200mm fan. I don't mind the mini-bar look, I'm happy it doesn't have that black "welcome to 2003" look.

I also like that the original V1 is newer than the 304 by a couple years and possibly has a more contemporary/suitable internal design.

i have no idea how the build quality in the V1 is.
Thankfully at least it's steel and not aluminum.

1 - 304 can fit longer GPU (310mm V 260mm)

Well spotted...I saw the HardOCP review of the black V1 which said it takes up to 285mm. Perhaps they refined the white case and made a modification.

Well spotted...I saw the HardOCP review of the black V1 which said it takes up to 285mm. Perhaps they refined the white case and made a modification.

I have no idea. I just whent off the tech specs on the Tt site.

If it's the same as the black V1, which I'm assuming it is, it can accommodate a bigger GPU (285 mm) via the hole in the internal front frame next to the fan (hidden once panel is placed on). The TT website also has the incorrect 260mm max length statement on the site for the black version, which is the measurement if you don't want the GPU sticking out beyond the fan, not sure why they never fixed that. It shouldn't matter since it only "sticks out" of the internal frame as far as I can tell, i.e. you can't tell once you finish the build.

I like this case even though it's a little big, sort of a "no compromises" smaller case. (Other than of course compromising on how small you are willing to go!)

Back