Model: AFB04512HA
Size: 45 x 45 x 10 (mm)
Bearing: Dual Ball Bearing System
Voltage: 12V
Speed: 6000 rpm
Air Flow: 11.80 CFM
Noise Level: 34dBA
Weight: 15.5g (0.55 OZ )

Those are the specs listed under Thermalright's webpage for cooling the NB-1C.

I've decided to replace all my fans with SilenX variants, but SilenX's only has 40mm fans available and not 45mm. Is there possibly a more silent 45mm fan available?

it needs the air flow... its better to funnel a larger fan into it

just noticed somthing... geforce 2 gts on a athlon 2500+...sorry but lol... what games do you play on that

so true.
what you will have to do to get a 40mm fan on there is gut the 45 mm stock fan and then mount the 40mm one on top of it.

ryuji said:
just noticed somthing... geforce 2 gts on a athlon 2500+...sorry but lol... what games do you play on that

LOL, sold my 9800 Pro and waiting on a 6800 GT.

FX25 said:
so true.
what you will have to do to get a 40mm fan on there is gut the 45 mm stock fan and then mount the 40mm one on top of it.

Good plan, what a waste of a fan though. I think I'll make something out of plexi glass or wood. The mod will be easy for a smaller 40 mm fan, but to funnel a larger fan, maybe a 60 mm or 80mm, will be a little harder.

Or you could just keep the 45mm fan on and use speedfan to slow down the delta (assuming it is a 3-pin fan).

dotZIP said:
Or you could just keep the 45mm fan on and use speedfan to slow down the delta (assuming it is a 3-pin fan).

I think I better leave it off as it is. Themralright's heatsinks seem to NEED higher air flow, nothing "silent fans" can offer.

I was reading a comment about another buyer who had a SP-97 and a 36 CFM fan getting over 54C load temps on a 2500+.

Lanboy @ NCIX.com said:
I bought this heatsink thinking it was the cream of the crop. It is, but my temperatures are kinda crappy with my SilenX 92mm 14dba 36cfm fan. Copper heatsinks work better with faster fans because they hold more heat than aluminum. This heatsink is VERY expensive but worth it if you want to overclock or if you want something quiet. Like I said, temperatures aren't that great with slower fans on copper heatsinks but I can live with them. Right now it's summertime and my cpu temps are 47C idle and 54C load. I'am running a 2500+.

Back