there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk3\DR3

Hi, I have an 8 bay Sansdigital JBOD enclosure filled with 3 TB Hitachi Hard Drives. I have it hooked up to my PC and all drives show up individually. I randomly get this error message when clicking on a movie. It says: there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk3\DR3. When I hit continue the movie plays and the message goes away for short while. Is there something wrong with my Drives or the enclosure? how do I stop this message from appearing? What's causing this error message? Any help is greatly appreciated

It sounds like this might be a buffer or sleep mode issue. If you can, turn off sleep mode (or any other power saving features) and see if the error goes away. I would recommend you run a diagnostic app on that drive just to be sure.

It might also be a good idea to see if there are any firmware/driver updates available for the device. This could be a known issue that has already been solved by the company.

Should I run the error checking tool? I ran it on one of the drives and no errors were found.

Hi, I contacted Sansdigital by email, I'll most likely get a response tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what they say.

I appreciate your help

Well he said "there could be some drive letter conflicts." He sent me to this link Could I be getting this issue because I have my external hard drive plugged into my PC as well as the enclosure?

Back