There appears to be something sticky on my MSI GTX 660ti's heatsink

Sojuuk

2[H]4U
I have been a little concerned about the temps my card reaches compared to every other one I have seen on the internet. Mine will get to 80c sometimes and I have never seen one review say theirs got over 70 honestly.

I decided to take the heatsink off and reapply the paste and discovered some sort of sticky residue was all over the button of the heatsink. It seems to be interfering with the TIM and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to get this stuff off before I just RMA it.

Last edited:
I have been a little concerned about the temps my card reaches compared to every other one I have seen on the internet. Mine will get to 80c sometimes and I have never seen one review say theirs got over 70 honestly.

I decided to take the heatsink off and reapply the paste and discovered some sort of sticky residue was all over the button of the heatsink. It seems to be interfering with the TIM and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to get this stuff off before I just RMA it.

Personally I would RMA it.

Mine had high temps as well, though not this bad. I returned mine and got another brand with a better cooler.

Time to RMA.

Back