Limp Gawd
Here it goes. I just ordered my whole entire new setup:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
2 BFG 7800 GTX OC's
Sony DVD Burner DRU720A
Lite On DVD Rom drive
Western Digital 10,000 RPM SATA 74GB Raptor
2 GB Corsair XMS PC-4000 Dual channel (4x512)
PC Power and Cooling 510 Express
Lian Li PC-65 with 2 drive covers
4 Vantec Tornadoes
Coolermaster Aerogate II
24" CoolerMaster SATA UV green cable
4 Aluminum fan filters
6 blue 12" ccfl's
1 blue meteor light

Post opinions, critisizm, anything you want regarding this new rig. Let me know what you think! when I get the parts in a couple of days I'll post benchies and pics!

WOW. Talk about pure gaming/multitasking heaven. You better get that thing folding on atleast one of the cores. Team 33 baby! w00t. Enjoy that beast. How much did it set you back? (im afraid to ask :p)

Homer said:
Here it goes. I just ordered my whole entire new setup:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
2 BFG 7800 GTX OC's
Sony DVD Burner DRU720A
Lite On DVD Rom drive
Western Digital 10,000 RPM SATA 74GB Raptor
2 GB Corsair XMS PC-4000 Dual channel (4x512)
PC Power and Cooling 510 Express
Lian Li PC-65 with 2 drive covers
4 Vantec Tornadoes
Coolermaster Aerogate II
24" CoolerMaster SATA UV green cable
4 Aluminum fan filters
6 blue 12" ccfl's
1 blue meteor light

Post opinions, critisizm, anything you want regarding this new rig. Let me know what you think! when I get the parts in a couple of days I'll post benchies and pics!
Holy Shit!! Nice system. I hate you. ;)

I just ordered a Bfg 7800GTX and the same memory. I've got 2x74gb raptors. The X2 4400+ is my next purchase.

Once I get everything I'll post benchies and pics for all of you that are thinking about getting some of this stuff. I cannot wait. I did ship everything the standard cheapest shipping because ordering everything if I did 2 day it would be around 100-150 for everything, but I did fedex express for some and ups ground for others. It should all be here by this week however. I'm hoping nothing game wise or app wise will be able to even touch this baby for a while.

Lunchboxx - I am thinking about folding with this thing. I have been folding with my xp 2400+ and I cant imagine the speed of even one core of the 4400, and I could do it on 2 cores if I could figure out how lol

OK I'm pissed. Some one tell me this, is the 4400 even OUT yet from amd?? Every place (including where I ordered mine) says their either out of stock or you can "pre order". Whats with this? Am I going to be waiting for months till I can finally build this?!?!?

Well, I did not purchase this system and post what I got just to be braggy. I hope some how I can benefit the [H] community some way or another.

I hate you!

You are truely Evil Homer...but nice rig, eh! Hope you can get your hands on that X2

:) I better get that x2 soon after the other parts. I can tell ya I dont want to have that much money invested into the machine thats all built but I cant run it yet because I dont have a proc!

Quality system! Drool.....

But to be picky, those vantec tornadoes are going to be vacuum cleaner loud!! :p

Ohhhhh yes. I planned for that. Hence the Coolermaster aerogate II. I'll keep the fans lower most of the time, and bring them up if I need the extra coolage. I may eventually watercool this thing also.

Important question:

When I build this PC I want game, program, and windows installs to be on the 74gb raptor. I want to use my 250gb drive for storage, but this drive already has installs and windows on it. How would I go about making sure if I install everything to my raptor it will run off of that and not the slower drive?

Back