the war radio

Brave_heart

Limp Gawd
hey, and welcome to the “war radio” this is my first time building a PC or modding one. this baby is based off of a 17 year old HTPC style PC case,the whole case was a ugly beige, so i painted the whole case a dark OD green. i used a drill to make the bullet hole’s on the side of the monitor and the front of the case, i then used a rust colored paint to make the rustic effect. i then painted the buttons on the front of the case, the front of the monitor, the left click button on the mouse and the “ctrl, alt, delete” and “esc” buttons on the keyboard dark red to give them a kind of symbol of importance, and to add to the effect. the rig includes a HD TV transmitter, a high quality USB head set w/ mic, a DoD:S mouse pad and all matching. i hope you like it, and thanks for reading.

before:
ae18fa5b4b15yh6.jpg

after:
random1029xh1.jpg

random1018ho2.jpg

random1028lw6.jpg

random1027gh2.jpg

random1024su6.jpg

random1021ef1.jpg

random1018rv4.jpg

heyty6.gif

vote for my mod

Very nice work. Can I ask how old you are? I only ask, because back in my day, we referred to that style of case simply as a desktop. :p (Dang kids and all their new-fangled HTPC talk...)

I know him.

He's umm.. 14, and there's nothing inside it ATM if I remember right.

very well done and original. bonus points for an awesome mod that for once isn't more lit up than the island of Jamaica.

edit: i'm curious why is it outside, just for photographing? it definitely adds something to the effect of being the middle of a battlefield (nice touch). where will it live for good?

I know him.

He's umm.. 14, and there's nothing inside it ATM if I remember right.

why do you keep saying i am 14? i am 15:rolleyes:

thanks for all the kind words guys, and right now it's just a empty case, ready for a beast (the eVGA 512 8800 GTS would fit the theme just perfect :D)

Looks Great.
Reminds me, i have an old desktop around here somewhere.

thanks man, and yeah i guess some one put a mATX PC inside of a old field radio? or something like that, it looks nothing like this though.

Wow? that is something I haven't seen in a long time. I had a computer that looked similar when I was a youngster, lol. Except it didnt have the 3.5 floppy.

lol replace floppy with card reader and hide a slot loader dvd drive

Awesome mod !!!!!!

Looks good. I think it's missing some worn white lettering and some minor detail work, but other than that, it's a hell of a nice mod! Good work, man!

Looks good. I think it's missing some worn white lettering and some minor detail work, but other than that, it's a hell of a nice mod! Good work, man!

theres actually a big "US ARMY" sticker on the top, but the sun went down so there was no light for the camera so my sister didn't take the picture, i kinda ripped the sides of it and have some of the rust paint coming down from the top of it, it looks really nice. I'll try to post pictures of that part soon.

@y3k, yeah, i thought of that but there was no CD drive sitting around the house so i had to stick with that:( i measured it and it will fit two 5.25" obtical drives.

@ amazon3d, lol i know, this thing is almost 20 years old:eek: thanks for the great comment.

Back