The singularity is here

erek

[H]F Junkie
This is one of the worst articles i have ever seen

"Zoom out: Singularity is a staple of both visionary belief and fringe rhetoric.

Yes, but: Silicon Valley's loudest voices have a habit of making extreme predictions.

• Remember the rush to buy fancy bunkers in New Zealand?
  • The latest AI innovations are often a black box. Until regulators or independent researchers are allowed to see into the box, it's worth treating any extreme claims skeptically.
Flashback: Debate about the singularity comes in waves.

Source: https://www.axios.com/2023/06/12/singularity-ai-silicon-valley
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/11/...ts-the-idea-that-the-singularity-is-here.html

1686620132654.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Breakthroughs solar panels any minute now.
Hydrogen cars right around the corner.
Peak oil is here.
Solid state batteries any minute.
Fusion power breakthrough
Desktop PC's are dead.
Ice age is coming (when I was a kid).
"don't be evil" Google.
"I have never cut myself putting a chair together" Kyle.

Breakthroughs solar panels any minute now.
Hydrogen cars right around the corner.
Peak oil is here.
Solid state batteries any minute.
Fusion power breakthrough
Desktop PC's are dead.
Ice age is coming (when I was a kid).
"don't be evil" Google.
"I have never cut myself putting a chair together" Kyle.
what about RISC-V?

It's fun when first time seeing these nonsense, saying something they don't understand what's going on themselves.
It's now a bit annoying seeing these nonsense pouring shit into people's mind.

I randomly got a Vernor Vinge book back in the late 80s. True Names. It was arrite

Reactions: erek
like this
You seen the UFO 🛸 stories lately or what?

Post in thread 'UFOs now?'
https://hardforum.com/threads/ufos-now.2025645/post-1045666011
Noticed all of a sudden just about every day a UFO post is on the front page of Reddit. Those guys are hilarious. I mean if someone is interested in learning about that topic, go for it. But don't suspend all rational thought and scientific evidence, believing all the conspiracy theories everyone makes up.

Anyway, apparently the general consensus among UFO people now is that the UFOs originate from beings from other dimensions, not from aliens within our own universe. There are multiple factions among them, some hostile, some neutral or semi-friendly. All of the major world powers are engaged in an arms race since the 40s to reverse engineer UFO technology, but somehow there is still no solid proof that has leaked in eighty years lol.

Oh and also the memes of each progressive year being worse than the last since 2016 or 2020 are going to get bigger, because apparently there is also an inter-dimensional war in which Earth will be a battleground that starts next year. You can trust this one, it was heavily upvoted.

Noticed all of a sudden just about every day a UFO post is on the front page of Reddit. Those guys are hilarious. I mean if someone is interested in learning about that topic, go for it. But don't suspend all rational thought and scientific evidence, believing all the conspiracy theories everyone makes up.

Anyway, apparently the general consensus among UFO people now is that the UFOs originate from beings from other dimensions, not from aliens within our own universe. There are multiple factions among them, some hostile, some neutral or semi-friendly. All of the major world powers are engaged in an arms race since the 40s to reverse engineer UFO technology, but somehow there is still no solid proof that has leaked in eighty years lol.

Oh and also the memes of each progressive year being worse than the last since 2016 or 2020 are going to get bigger, because apparently there is also an inter-dimensional war in which Earth will be a battleground that starts next year. You can trust this one, it was heavily upvoted.
ever been abducted by aliens yet? to me all this UFO stuff is confirmation of the singularity

Not since Reddit went on strike... :D

But seriously, I clicked on one Youtube video by a place called "NewsNation" about the "whistleblower", and the algorithm sunk it's claws into me and recommends a video from them on a daily basis on the same topic, I haven't clicked on any outside of that first but man new headlines on a daily basis about it... yet no other place is talking about it?

I think the whole Alien thing is the new boogie man, in which they need more funding for of course.

like this
I think the whole Alien thing is the new boogie man, in which they need more funding for of course.
I really wish all the ufo news are true. I believe there must be more than just humans on earth. Still I wish for more …
Being abducted is an honor, not just everyone or anybody is selected.

Ever been abducted by aliens 👽 before ?

Related to the singularity, very interesting... for a price. :borg:

like this
Back