The Silverstone Gallery *post your Silverstone case here*

lenniedn you loving the 09? and im liking your setup!

I really do like the TJ09 - I searched all over for a good deal on one about this time last year. I even recently stumbled upon a TJ10 ESA Edition but actually preferred the TJ09 over that TJ10 because I just don't like the door on the front. Plus I wasn't doing anything with the ESA stuff so it didn't matter.

I do have a silver LL v1200 Plus II arriving tomorrow - for what reason, I don't know. I just couldn't resist getting it but I don't feel like transferring everything over either - especially since I just re-built this system only last week.

We'll see what happens.

you could put your setup in there but i think it looks fine the way it is, did you do any mods to it or just screw everything in and plug stuff up?

No mods whatsoever - just scotch tape on the back and zip ties here and there. There are a lot cleaner wiring jobs and I wish I had more time to dedicate to mine . . . plus I don't have the ability, tools or desire to cut into any cases.

The v1200 is tougher to run cables on plus the mobo is inverted so I'll have to think about the swap. Knowing me, I'll probably do it out of curiosity but then pull it all out and put it back into the TJ09 just to waste a day's worth of work!

Sorry for the crappy picture quality, just put together my new system in the TJ08. Only sad thing is that I'm stuck with the 8800GTS until my HD4870 is back from RMA. Wiring will get better...don't worry. ;)

Full system specs in my sig. :cool:

EDIT: Just got back from a LAN over the weekend and I ended up winning an Asus GTX260, gonna keep it and just sell the HD4870 when I get it back from RMA. Here's an updated shot:

Just redid my tj-03 because i was tired of the laptop so pics should be up later tonight after work.

Just redid one of my rigs and here are the pics
PB163862.jpg

PB163863.jpg

PB163868.jpg
:D

What case is that OofC_S7v7N, I only ask because a few areas of it look EXACTLY like Lian-Li's trustly old PC-70.

cornelious0_0, as always you make even the most cramped spaces look clean and free. The TJ08 will be my next case, simply can't wait to have such a compact and beautiful package!

cornelious0_0, as always you make even the most cramped spaces look clean and free. The TJ08 will be my next case, simply can't wait to have such a compact and beautiful package!

Just you wait, that was the quickly thrown together version of the wiring I have planned for this case, wait until you see the end result...I wanna hear some jaws drop. ;):D

EDIT: Be advised...my hard drive is installed in one of my 5.25" bays ghetto style, I still have to pickup an actual casing for it. I also use an external optical drive to save space in my case. If you look at having a hard drive installed in one of the 3.5" bays and an optical drive in the top slot things do start to get pretty messy.

The reason why I'd recommend leaving one 5.25" bay open is so you can tuck away some of your extra PSU cables. I have a full modular PSU and I still have a decent sized bunch of cables wedged up there and behind the 3.5" drive cage, I can't imagine how messy this case would be with a hard drive, burner, and a non-modular PSU.

Best of luck to you, the TJ08 is an amazing mATX case but there are definitely downsides to the wiring if you plan to fill all your drive slots.

If you used the two 3.5" bays would you run into issues with the hard drives contacting the heatsink? I saw that as a concern but I think it wouldn't be an issue judging from your pictures. Otherwise I might pick up a 1TB drive and sell my two 500GB drives and come up with a creative solution.

Another question, is there much room behind the motherboard tray? I'm certainly not afraid to make a few cuts and routing the cables behind it if at all possible.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm looking forward to your mods and even further cabling improvements!

I picked up a TJ07 just last week, I actually saw it purely by chance when looking for a replacement case for my server, the guy suggested the new coolermaster, I though "no thanks" and started looking around, I saw this thing and immediately had to have it, ended up getting the black with window.

Totally lovin it, it is such a good server case, ordered a couple of coolermaster 4-3 converters (Can't get the SS ones here in NZ) I'll post pics once it is all finished.

If you used the two 3.5" bays would you run into issues with the hard drives contacting the heatsink? I saw that as a concern but I think it wouldn't be an issue judging from your pictures. Otherwise I might pick up a 1TB drive and sell my two 500GB drives and come up with a creative solution.

Another question, is there much room behind the motherboard tray? I'm certainly not afraid to make a few cuts and routing the cables behind it if at all possible.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm looking forward to your mods and even further cabling improvements!

If I were to put the hard drive in one of the two 3.5" bays the end of the SATA cable would have been almost into the fan blades of the 92mm fan on my Ultima-90. It'd depend on what heatsink you had I guess and if the fan was exposed to the front of the case. I'm still trying to come up with something more original then using a 5.25" casing for it, but space is really limited.

There is room behind the motherboard tray, but the bar running from the front of the case to the back along the top of the tray would have to be cut, because out of the box you'd have to run cables across that bar, and the bar is already flush with the side panel...not really leaving any space.

There's definitely a lot that can be done with the wiring, it's just gonna take some creative cutting.

Sorry for the crappy picture quality, just put together my new system in the TJ08. Only sad thing is that I'm stuck with the 8800GTS until my HD4870 is back from RMA. Wiring will get better...don't worry. ;)

Full system specs in my sig. :cool:

EDIT: Just got back from a LAN over the weekend and I ended up winning an Asus GTX260, gonna keep it and just sell the HD4870 when I get it back from RMA. Here's an updated shot:

How'd you win the GTX260? Was it a 1v1 shootout or something? Which game was it?

I think I might take the challenge a step further with a water cooling setup. I'm thinking twin 120mm radiators. I'm going to be ordering the case this week either way and start painting.

TJ07 server - Unfinished but here it is, there are 2 hard drives in there mounted temporarily until I get the 4 in 3 bays in there, once that is in I will tidy up the SATA cables.

Specs:
Asus P5B-E
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
8GB ram
Thermalright Ultra 120
Asus 7300GT Silent
On board Gb NIC + Broadcom PCIe Gb NIC
2 X SATA II PCIe raid cards
1 X SATA II PCI card (2 internal, 2 eSATA)
4 x 320GB WDRE RAID 10
4 x 1TB RAID 5

Nice work! I'm personally not big on buying other people's mods, but this certainly looks better than left stock. Looks so clean too.

it looks nice but just not enough for me to buy the mod. Whats the rigs specs? Should be something else with that kind of expensive mod.

I dare you naysayers to do something even remotely close to that level of work. Jealous haters FTL.

They just dont see the crazy detail done into this, I on the other hand think this is a really nice looking rig!

Unfortunately when I'm trying to make the machine beautiful from all angles there just isn't many places where you can "tuck" away cables. I like to think I'm celebrating each cable, and it was all planned like that. I like it, but some may prefer fewer visible cables.

IMG_3215.png

I dare you naysayers to do something even remotely close to that level of work. Jealous haters FTL.

How is what you said even remotely make sense? I do like the mod, but not enough to fork over 900 bucks for it. Maybe if i wanted to spoil myself for once ><

As for the ''Do something even remotely close to that level of work'', People have and im sure people with the tools, mindset and time can do that work.

They just dont see the crazy detail done into this, I on the other hand think this is a really nice looking rig!

Guess so, i also do agree its a nice rig but meh, call me dumb and a jealous i guess for having an opinion.

Nothing jealous about it to be honest. At the cost it's really not all that impressive. I also get a bad taste in my mouth in general for people who pimp rigs built for them, that's even less impressive. Just look at the worklogs on this very forum and there are numerous pieces of art that are just as impressive as the murderMod works.Could I do it myself? Well no, I don't have the tools nor time for it. However, I find anyone who puts the effort into their own projects to be infinity more impressive even when it's a simple radiator or window cut.

@ BlueAqua
Why didn't you powder coat the 2 rails at the back of the case instead of leaving them silver??

Would make more sense to coat them black to match the rest of the case. :confused:

PC011952.jpg

OrangeTJ07.jpg

that doest seem like the same case in all those pictures,
that murder mod logo by the watercooling tube coming off the cpu and going to the bottom zone isnt there in some of the pictures.

picture 1 & 2 have that logo and 3 doesnt. same with some other photos.

that doest seem like the same case in all those pictures,
that murder mod logo by the watercooling tube coming off the cpu and going to the bottom zone isnt there in some of the pictures.

picture 1 & 2 have that logo and 3 doesnt. same with some other photos.

you're right. I just now noticed that.

Lmao, I come back to find some TJ10 pics and there's more bashing at BlueAqua's case. You guys need to back off his behind - buying and posting a prebuilt isn't ground for putting someone down.

Lmao, I come back to find some TJ10 pics and there's more bashing at BlueAqua's case. You guys need to back off his behind - buying and posting a prebuilt isn't ground for putting someone down.

How is noticing something is different between 2 photos bashing? We're just curious as to why thats the "case". :p

Back