The Pschent V2

AbKaRy

n00b
The Pschent ( /ˈskɛnt/) was the name of the Double Crown of Ancient Egypt. The Ancient Egyptians generally referred to it as sekhemti (sḫm.tỉ), the Two Powerful Ones.It combined the Red Deshret Crown of Lower Egypt and the White Hedjet Crown of Upper Egypt.
double%2Bcrown.png

The Pschent represented the pharaoh's power over all of unified Egypt. It bore two animal emblems: An Egyptian cobra, known as the uraeus, ready to strike, which symbolized the Lower Egyptian goddess Wadjet, and an Egyptian vulture representing the Upper Egyptian tutelary goddess Nekhbet. These were fastened to the front of the Pschent and referred to as the Two Ladies

The build idea was developed after watching dozens of pc case mod threads and all the inspiration i found in the community here at [H]ard forums .

Basically i`m restricted with small desk space so i can`t go for full tower chaises .... my goal is to fit a complete water cooling kit in a midi tower chaises (HAF 912 Advanced and performance PCs XSPC Raystorm RX240 D5 Kit) ... that double thick Radiator wont be an easy fit but we will see :cool:

The Hardware List for this Build is as follows :

AMD X6 1090T
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
16 GB Corsair Vengeance Blue
2x OCZ Vertix 3 SSD`s in Raid 0 and a 500 GB WD Drive
NZXT Hale 85 850 watt PSU

and of course the HAF 912 Advanced case

First thing to do .... The Haf 912 Advanced got 4 5.25 inch drive bays ... and i need all of them to mount my hardware (first bay for the fan controller .. second and third for the double bay reservoir / Pump combo and the last one for the DVD drive) ... however the case come with an internal USB 3 panel ... i don`t want to lose that functionality and i need the space it occupies ... so the USB 3 panel has to be mounted else where

I measured the clearance i got from the case feet and it fits ! :)

So i marked where i would fit it and i marked a hole for the cable to go inside the case

And Dremel time :D ... DiZzzzzZzzzz

and the final mounting result .... Still Very Accessible and the bay is now free for the other hardware ;)

and that`s all for now .... excuse my English as it is not my mother tongue :rolleyes:

and of course any thought or comments will be mostly appreciated :)

Update 14-June-2012 :

A package arrived :eek:

XSPC Raystorm RX240 Ver2 water cooling kit From Performance PCs

However ... they sent me the intel water block but i need the amd one for my build and they didn`t send me the coolant i ordered with the kit ... they will send me the conversion kit and the coolant soon ... the bulid will have to wait till then :(

anyway i also got a red led strip off amazon ... great service and prices :cool:

The Monster Rad ... boy This Thing Is 6 Inch Thick :eek:

Then i applied double face Velcro to mount and dismount it easily afterwards

then I mounted the rad and the led strip ... it took a while but i can assure you the rad fit like a glove ... but not aligned with the screws holes though.

Red Beauty :rolleyes:

Then i started to mount the tubing ... looks good so far :D

The dual bay reservoir / pump Combo

I`m waiting for another package to arrive ... i ordered an ocz water block and a coolant off amazon to complete the build for now ... i will replace those with the stuff missing from the first package when performance PCs send them .... till then stay tuned :cool:

and as usual comment and suggestions are mostly welcomed ;)

Back