The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not :p, robo you need to whip up a style sheet for your forum...

WesM63 said:
We just got a $1.5million deal with the City of Dayton (Ohio) Public School systems to replace/upgrade their network with Cisco gear.

WTF CISCO??? We run old 3Com shit lol. Yay for incompetent and uneducated
network admins, Makes sense to have websense to filter sites but have the default gateway open directly to the net.

WTF CISCO??? We run old 3Com shit lol. Yay for incompetent and uneducated
network admins, Makes sense to have websense to filter sites but have the default gateway open directly to the net.

WOW! somebody needs to be fired for that.

I'll try and help revive the thread. 2 pictures from work, sorry for how crapy, they're from my iPhone.

This is the fiber that we just hand installed. These are Gig links between 15 of our sites and a Gig link to the local college to jump on an internet connection.

These are the servers for our migration to AD at work. The top 2 boxes are dual socket quad-core Xeon's with 32GB's RAM for ESX. Next up is half of our 8TB SAN, the other half is else for replication, with the KVM/LCD/Keyboard/Mouse just below it. Next 2 servers are our AD forest root's followed up by 1 of the local sites DC's. And last server just above the UPS is a quad-socket quad-core Xeon box with 32GB of RAM for testing.

These are the servers for our migration to AD at work. The top 2 boxes are dual socket quad-core Xeon's with 32GB's RAM for ESX. Next up is half of our 8TB SAN, the other half is else for replication, with the KVM/LCD/Keyboard/Mouse just below it. Next 2 servers are our AD forest root's followed up by 1 of the local sites DC's. And last server just above the UPS is a quad-socket quad-core Xeon box with 32GB of RAM for testing.

I've posted pics of my home network here, and it's always interesting to see what people are working on... but on some of these? I work for a large company with a big datacenter, and it's been crystal clear that something like taking pictures of equipment on our raised floor and publically posting it/disucssing internal technology initiatives on the Internet would be grounds for dismissal. I'm not trying to raise the spectre of the boogeyman, I'm just suggesting make sure everyone uses discretion and double-checks the policy of "THE MAN" before they get their ass canned. :)

I've posted pics of my home network here, and it's always interesting to see what people are working on... but on some of these? I work for a large company with a big datacenter, and it's been crystal clear that something like taking pictures of equipment on our raised floor and publically posting it/disucssing internal technology initiatives on the Internet would be grounds for dismissal. I'm not trying to raise the spectre of the boogeyman, I'm just suggesting make sure everyone uses discretion and double-checks the policy of "THE MAN" before they get their ass canned. :)

I work for a public school.

I'll try and help revive the thread. 2 pictures from work, sorry for how crapy, they're from my iPhone.

This is the fiber that we just hand installed. These are Gig links between 15 of our sites and a Gig link to the local college to jump on an internet connection.

nice setup :D

Shouldn't be an issue then. :) I'm sorry I quoted your post, I was just replying to a whole bunch of them that had been popping up, like- "Here's what my company is doing." :)

Hey, not a problem. :) It's been ok'd by my boss before. I won't go into technical detail too much on how things work but I'll share what your tax dollars are purchasing.

I dont know where my card reader is :mad: il have another look around for it tho.

Edit: i have 3 poweredge's now :D

Moms camera and shes lost the usb cable :mad:

I will take some pics now tho

Damm this shitty camera. Just got a new quad xeon poweredge with 2gb of ram.

P3 xeons :p

Thought you would be :D This thing weighs a ton, its about 3 foot deep :p

I found it in a skip with no cpu's or ram, just snapped a few off ebay and stuck in some old ram and its good to go.

iv got a few old servers and a couple of rack switches and a ups but i cant find an old rack anywhere on the cheap

This is my network: hear it roar.

IMGP0391_s.jpg

Box is a K6-2 running m0n0wall, switch is Allied Telesyn. And yes, that is a 24 port switch for a mere 4 cables. Still, plenty of expandability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back