The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real reason is that G1 is planning to hack the server! Then after that he's going to hack the planet. Get this man some hot pockets!!!

I've started to build on the area I would like to use. :) I have some grand ideas for it, so hopefully it will be nice once finished :)

I do not like having to gather food :-( It's not fun at all. I end up just putting all my stuff in a chest and killing myself to replenish everything. I wish there was an easier way :(

I've started to build on the area I would like to use. :) I have some grand ideas for it, so hopefully it will be nice once finished :)

I do not like having to gather food :-( It's not fun at all. I end up just putting all my stuff in a chest and killing myself to replenish everything. I wish there was an easier way :(

5 minutes of punching wheat gives you enough bread to keep you going for hours provided you aren't sprinting everywhere.

Just wondering, when I had hosted everyone was just using Permissions 2.7/3 whatever... I noticed they split into several different perm plugins.. just curious on how they differ from the old ways.

They changed how perms work with bukkit a while ago I believe. Pex was the most intuitive from what I saw. Had to redo all permissions at first which was annoying but now each upgrade is very easy.

The real reason is that G1 is planning to hack the server! Then after that he's going to hack the planet. Get this man some hot pockets!!!

Back n the day when I was a 1337 h4x0r I think I burned myself out on hot pockets... I rarely touch them now...

5 minutes of punching wheat gives you enough bread to keep you going for hours provided you aren't sprinting everywhere.

hmm good to know.

my problem is, i haven't really kept up with the updates to the game as ive been playing. i'm still playing it like i did when it was alpha... :eek:

i guess i need to plant some wheat.

Yea, I was on a few weeks ago, I talked to 2 different admins as we explored your server, he told me the story about the great admin that passed away. I think it is a great server and the admin I was with said he would put in a good word for me. I hope you guys let me in.
Minecraft name:Bird47

Yea, I was on a few weeks ago, I talked to 2 different admins as we explored your server, he told me the story about the great admin that passed away. I think it is a great server and the admin I was with said he would put in a good word for me. I hope you guys let me in.
Minecraft name:Bird47

Bird when you first joined the server asking for build rights, you told me that you had a friend on the forums here. Dudewth was asking what your friend's username is.

Well this is interesting... I built a nether portal up in SkyCity, and it ended up in a rather unusual place...

Futuristic city anyone?

Also, I'm a noob and need to re-watch Blade Runner. That is all. :p

We don't have this anymore. :(

Looks like build height over 128 in the nether was unintended. With the new version of bukkit it's limited to 128. A new random portal was created to replace that one.

So there's a nether portal underneath the skycity, in a cavern that's underwater, went to the nether then warped back down there, idk where it came from there were no torches down there when I warped the first time, just an fyi there. ;)

So there's a nether portal underneath the skycity, in a cavern that's underwater, went to the nether then warped back down there, idk where it came from there were no torches down there when I warped the first time, just an fyi there. ;)

Unless this is someone's, I will try removing this portal, when I get on

edit: actually that may be for the Skycity. When Dudewth updated the version of Bukkit, it fixed the bedrock in nether that you spawned on. So maybe when the portal was used it created a new portal. When I get off work I can look into it and see if I can link them up or something.

Last edited:
Enchanting requires spending XP, and right now XP is hard to come by. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who wants to grind mobs for hours for you :p

XP is only hard to come by if you don't go outside at night. You can get a few levels a night. That being said, he should just ask for someone to let him use their bench.

A pickaxe with Fortune III is really good for mining diamond. In only 4 veins i had like 58 diamonds.

Unless this is someone's, I will try removing this portal, when I get on

edit: actually that may be for the Skycity. When Dudewth updated the version of Bukkit, it fixed the bedrock in nether that you spawned on. So maybe when the portal was used it created a new portal. When I get off work I can look into it and see if I can link them up or something.

Alright cool, just wanted to let you know so you don't warp back through the portal and end up somewhere totally different!

I removed a few nether portals because we were getting portal spaghetti. Please do not create any nether portals for the time being within 1100 blocks of either x: -208,, or z: 283

Existing and new portals outside of that is fine since it won't link up and cause spaghetti with the spawn portal.

Remember that portals have to be more than 1024 blocks apart in the main world (128 in the nether) to have unique exits in the nether.

You can get them to sync 1:1 when closer to that, you just usually have to do a bit of calculating and place the 2nd side manually (coords (x,z) of portal TO nether / 8 = coords (x,z) of portal IN nether).

But most people don't know how to sync up Nether portals so you end up with a bunch of portals that no one knows about that conflict with one another. The admins are then left with the task of either fixing them or removing them completely. The latter often being the easiest.

Too bad there isn't a permission subgroup on the server just for portal creation. I know portal spamming can get out of hand quick but it's also nice to be able to move a portal as needed without having to call on someone to do it for you.

i'm guessing diamonds have gotten easier to come by in this build?
i was able to mine 19 in total last night.

But most people don't know how to sync up Nether portals so you end up with a bunch of portals that no one knows about that conflict with one another. The admins are then left with the task of either fixing them or removing them completely. The latter often being the easiest.

Too bad there isn't a permission subgroup on the server just for portal creation. I know portal spamming can get out of hand quick but it's also nice to be able to move a portal as needed without having to call on someone to do it for you.

True enough, heh.

I removed a few nether portals because we were getting portal spaghetti. Please do not create any nether portals for the time being within 1100 blocks of either x: -208,, or z: 283

Existing and new portals outside of that is fine since it won't link up and cause spaghetti with the spawn portal.

Remember that portals have to be more than 1024 blocks apart in the main world (128 in the nether) to have unique exits in the nether.

Being that far apart is pretty hard since the size of the map would only allow a handful of portals. We have this problem on every map that we play. I think that only admins should be allowed to create portals for others so that we can manually link them to avoid this "spaghetti" issue. That's what I did for my portal and it was not involved in the tangled mess.

Being that far apart is pretty hard since the size of the map would only allow a handful of portals. We have this problem on every map that we play. I think that only admins should be allowed to create portals for others so that we can manually link them to avoid this "spaghetti" issue. That's what I did for my portal and it was not involved in the tangled mess.

Unfortunately it was. That's the only reason I knew where it was. I went into one portal, and when I came back through it dumped me in your house. If you think you can reactivate it without re-implementing the spaghetti, go ahead though.

Why didn't you just keep the old portal at spawn instead of making a brand new one? It went to a better place and was only 100 blocks away from the new one, and also didn't interferre with any of the ones around it... :p

Why didn't you just keep the old portal at spawn instead of making a brand new one? It went to a better place and was only 100 blocks away from the new one, and also didn't interferre with any of the ones around it... :p
Because nobody knew where it was :p

I fixed the new portal, has a staircase and we can branch out from the current spawn in the nether.

Because nobody knew where it was :p

I fixed the new portal, has a staircase and we can branch out from the current spawn in the nether.

It was in the open right next to spawn! :p

Should have just made a giant neon "portal here!" arrow above it in glowstone instead of a new one in the spawn woods! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back