The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found some potential plugins that could help with building a more useful rail system without making it too easy.

I do like the idea of iConomy but it hasn't been updated in a long time. The last time it was updated was for build 1337 and bukkit is on build 1943 now. Apparently it still works but there are bugs and it might stop working altogether at any future update. We'll see how it goes between now and the release of 1.2.

ill see what other ''economy'' mod we could have

ill see what other ''economy'' mod we could have

Good idea. We only need a simple mod. We don't need a mod to calculate interest, pay people a salary, or anything like that. :p

Economy plugins are stand alone they have no function on their own besides handling bank accounts.

Then you get plugins that utilize the economy api, either directly or through a bridge (vault or Register)

I use BOSEconomy and vault. Vault is the most supported bridge. The chest shop uses vault.

Plugins = http://dev.bukkit.org

I generated a few more seeds and put together an updated album here. If everyone could look through and pick out their top 3 that would give us something to go on for possibly getting a seed picked out so we can be ready to go when 1.2 comes.

I generated a few more seeds and put together an updated album here. If everyone could look through and pick out their top 3 that would give us something to go on for possibly getting a seed picked out so we can be ready to go when 1.2 comes.
"[H]" is by far my favorite, it has a good amount of water and diverse biomes. If that fails I'll go with "apocalypse" or "Hardcraft", the rest all seem similar to me though so I'm not attached to any.

My favorites ranked from most liked to the least:
google
hamburger
celestria

derpyhooves almost made it into my top 3.

I like these since they all have a nice amount of snow and have some water throughout the whole map, not just an ocean to the side.

Last edited:
I think I like google the most. I do like water but not necessarily an ocean. Also enough snow biomes are good for people that like that kind of thing. I personally will avoid a snow biome for my main builds. :p

I think I like google the most. I do like water but not necessarily an ocean. Also enough snow biomes are good for people that like that kind of thing. I personally will avoid a snow biome for my main builds. :p

haha yea I found out the hard way that snow biomes do not work too well for farms

I was thinking about future plugins and I thought that we don't need creaturebox if you have a silk touch pick to harvest a spawner. Problem solved?

Last edited:
haha yea I found out the hard way that snow biomes do not work too well for farms

I was thinking about future plugins and I thought that we don't need creaturebox if you have a silk touch pick to harvest a spawner. Problem solved?

The problem is if they still default to a pig spawner. If anything, I will be the only one with the ability to set spawners and still no special mobs. Might just not have it installed either. I want to go for relatively few plugins. That will help reduce server stress and keeping up with plugin releases. It'll probably still be 20-25 plugins though with an economy/shop plugin.

The problem is if they still default to a pig spawner. If anything, I will be the only one with the ability to set spawners and still no special mobs. Might just not have it installed either. I want to go for relatively few plugins. That will help reduce server stress and keeping up with plugin releases. It'll probably still be 20-25 plugins though with an economy/shop plugin.

nevermind, I looked it up and silk touch does not do anything anymore on spawners

The last thing we need is more grinders anyway :p

I agree that there should not be a bunch of them. The only thing that I want it for is for getting xp because we all know that leveling up would take years from the amount of mobs that you would have to kill.

IMHO, grinders should be limited to below-ground only.
I agree that there should not be a bunch of them. The only thing that I want it for is for getting xp because we all know that leveling up would take years from the amount of mobs that you would have to kill.

Yeah as long as we keep the big fugly towers out of the equation, it's not a big deal. Especially since the big fugly towers will be twice as tall in 1.2 :p

Maybe we should just make a community grinder inside a mountain somewhere, where it won't be such an eyesore.

Or just do what I do: Dig a 10X10 (or whatever) column down beneath your main house and turn it into a grinder.

That being said, if you don't skip night time, harvesting Xp is really not that hard.

Or just do what I do: Dig a 10X10 (or whatever) column down beneath your main house and turn it into a grinder.

That being said, if you don't skip night time, harvesting Xp is really not that hard.

That's true, we can still do darkness grinders and make them different ways so you can still control what can spawn.

What is the risk to using iconomy?
btw i saw that it was just updated to the newest rb.

The main issue was it not being updated. Before being updated for the current build (193x) it was last updated for 1337. If it stays on that schedule that's not a good sign. Hopefully not!

What is the risk to using iconomy?
btw i saw that it was just updated to the newest rb.

Stability, I would think. If iConomy lags behind new releases of MC and plug-in managers, stability can be an issue.

He also added an upside-down stairs block in the latest snapshot.

WTF? Really? That is AWESOME! I've been wanting that forever. NOW if we could just place half-blocks on the top portion of the block, and not the bottom.

Your wish is their command, apparently. This was linked by Jeb_

omg, AWESOME! This has totally renewed my love of Minecraft. I was seriously so annoyed by having to place a full block every other block when making a stairway with slabs. And the types of ceilings you can make now... and... well I don't know right now, but that's awesome!

omg, AWESOME! This has totally renewed my love of Minecraft. I was seriously so annoyed by having to place a full block every other block when making a stairway with slabs. And the types of ceilings you can make now... and... well I don't know right now, but that's awesome!
It really changes everything. I can't wait for the update... time to brainstorm ideas.

we still have a while until every plugin are updated, but Bukkit just got integrated in Mojang, wich is good news

Yup :)

"I am extremely pleased and proud to announce that, as of today, the Bukkit team has joined Mojang. When discussing the possibility of a modding API publicly, Mojang was concerned that they would be unable to provide the community with a suitable and powerful enough solution and we honestly feel that our experience building Bukkit will help them do so. Thanks to our work with Bukkit, we have a years worth of experience, failures and lessons to help us develop a proper modding API and intend to do whatever it takes to produce one that satisfies the needs of the community. Now that we have an opportunity to design the official Minecraft API, we intend to make it a suitable replacement for Bukkit, if not a significantly better one, while bukkit.org will remain a community for modders for the foreseeable future."

It should be great, and will hopefully mean that server operators will only have to wait for the plugins themselves to be updated when a new version of Minecraft comes out. It seems like Bukkit will at least still get a 1.2 version though.

Official API would be very nice. Pisses me off with the current loops you have to jump through to get certain mods to work and the constant infighting between mod developers each with their own API. Does this also mean they're gonna be working on SMP more?

Once they get the api finalized should make it easier for everyone. Will probably kill a lot if pluginsin the process. Wont change a whole lot for server hosts admins. Will still have to wait for plugin to update. People who play vanilla servers got that part easy at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back