The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Wow, this is the first time I've seen absolutely terrible lag in any of the beta events. 5-10 seconds to use a skill, constantly getting rolled back 15 seconds. Doesn't seem I can play much.

Posted on the front page of the Guild Wars 2 forums:

About Lag and Latency Issues

We’re having an issue with one of the Internet connections in our North American data center. Anyone connecting to us through that link is experiencing bad lag right now. Our network operations team is working to get it resolved.

Please read this thread to learn how you can help us track this issue.

and

If you are experiencing high latency or lag, we would like you to email us at [email protected] with a diagnostic file from your copy of Guild Wars 2.

Here’s how you get the diagnostic file:

Go to your desktop shortcut of Guild Wars 2*
Right click, and choose “Properties” at the bottom
In the “Target” frame (that holds the exe command) at the end of the .exe, put a space and then type -diag (with the dash) -- yours might look like this: C:\Games\Gw2Live\Gw2.exe -diag
Click your GW2 icon as if you were going to run the game
The report will be gathered — this takes a few minutes.
When all the items say complete, use CTRL-A to select “all” of the report
CTRL-C to copy it
And then open your email and insert the full file into the email and send to the address above.

To reset your account — and this is important so you can play — reopen the Properties and remove the -diag from the Target Window, close that, click the shortcut, and and play away!

*Note: If you do not use a shortcut on your desktop, please follow this step instead: Right-Click the Guild Wars 2 exe in the folder (which you would use to enter the game) and then choose “Create Shortcut.” That will make you a desktop shortcut and from there, you can follow the instructions above.

Posted on the front page of the Guild Wars 2 forums:
Yeah... just saw a server message at the end of the stress test apologizing for the lag issues and saying it was an "Internet issue affecting GW and GW2"

EDIT: Server didn't go down until about 25 minutes after it was supposed to have ended. Definitely not complaining. :)

Last edited:
Apparently it was a Seattle based internet problem. I hope Anet got the info they needed for a smooth launch.

so is Borlis Pass the official [H]ard [H]ome? :p the only MMO ive played before was Runescape (omg i hate that f%=$#&ing game) and i never really got into the whole clan or 'cliche' thing. if i could hook up w/ a bunch of [H] peoplle, that would be awesome! i guess i dont really know where to start though lol

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Was able to pop in and play for about 15 minutes. It's *very* smooth on my system on the "middle" settings (61fps) on my system. I certainly look forward to playing more!

I haven't done pvp yet. If you just jump in at level 1, you will be somewhat competitive. But a true level 80 with everything unlocked of equal skill, will beat you almost every time. However, you can level up from pvp alone, so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Leveling and item acquisition are not particularly grindy. You'll probably see a few people at max level in 3 days both pvp only and pve only. More casual players will probably get there in a month or 3.

That is only WvWvW, the team vs team maps you are always max lvl with everything unlocked and only match gear.

After putting in a load of hours on the beta weekends and some of the stress tests I can say this game is going to have a lot of staying power.

I was very impressed with how well the structured PVP plays out. It would be hard to see this not becoming an e-sport. WvW adds enough for both the PVP and PVE crowd to keep everyone satisfied.

My biggest concern with the game is that they might have overshot the release date. While I got decent FPS through most of the zones you can tell what area's really need optimized when recording footage. My FPS would dip to 10-20 frames in a lot of places, not good. Another thing to note is the game freezing, requiring a windows restart. Some of these crashes appear to be due to how hot my graphics cards were running. My cards have never run so hot before, I had to turn a fan on in my room from how warm the case was getting, something that was never an issue with any other current gen game.

In addition, SLI mode doesn't seem to be supported at all. I hope this is remedied by launch. I'll be crossing my fingers that they have all of these issue's worked out come August 25th.

Last edited:
there are plenty of people with GW2 optimization concerns in beta.

i heard that there are still challenging dungeons for people because they have different modes, I know story mode is the first play through but there are other options to ramp up the difficulty after the first run. I also heard the big dynamic meta events can be pretty challenging too

I was able to run both the story mode and explorable versions of ascalon catacombs in one of the beta weekends. They are very challenging and require the party to have a solid understanding of gameplay. Most people who attempted the dungeons were frustrated with the difficulty, as it does blindside you with it's brutal difficulty. I enjoyed it myself. The only issue I have with the dungeon system is the rewards and experience gained were poor. If they don't balance it out I'll stick to normal PVE gameplay and WvW for leveling and looting.

After putting in a load of hours on the beta weekends and some of the stress tests I can say this game is going to have a lot of staying power.

I was very impressed with how well the structured PVP plays out. It would be hard to see this not becoming an e-sport. WvW adds enough for both the PVP and PVE crowd to keep everyone satisfied.

My biggest concern with the game is that they might have overshot the release date. While I got decent FPS through most of the zones you can tell what area's really need optimized when recording footage. My FPS would dip to 10-20 frames in a lot of places, not good. Another thing to note is the game freezing, requiring a windows restart. Some of these crashes appear to be due to how hot my graphics cards were running. My cards have never run so hot before, I had to turn a fan on in my room from how warm the case was getting, something that was never an issue with any other current gen game.

In addition, SLI mode doesn't seem to be supported at all. I hope this is remedied by launch. I'll be crossing my fingers that they have all of these issue's worked out come August 25th.

odd, didnt have a single crash on my end

I haven't experienced any of those issues in the two recent stress tests at all.

Crossfire support was reportedly just enabled two days ago, I saw a few remarks somewhere about SLi not working yet but if that's the case I would guess it's not far off.

Framerate is still an issue, no crashes for me in any of the beta events. Some textures were missing in the Asuran land, a whole flight of stairs was missing in one building, yet I could walk on them as if they were there.

You know what I mean. This is my fourth stress test, I didn't experience any significant amount lag in any of the others. Connectivity issues yes... lag not so much.

That's crazy then, all of the stress tests haven't been smooth,

I tried out the new 12.7 beta driver with 12.7 CAP2 which supposedly had support for Guild Wars 2. Since the profile was associated with gw2dev.exe I set it up to run with gw2.exe. Performance was less than 10 fps. Switching back too a single card I got 60+ fps. Was running at 2560x1600 with all settings at max except for shadows at high. Hopefully crossfire/sli gets fixed by release.

quick question...

I think a buddy of mine is fucking with me on this. We've been trying to get him to buy GW2 for awhile now, and he always blows it off. I got him a beta 3 key from some Alienware giveaway, and he played all of 30 minutes before he had to bail on us. He was able to log in and play on last nights stress test, so my question is did he prepurchase the game, and is just trying to pull one over on us or were beta giveaway keys able to play stress tests too?

quick question...

I think a buddy of mine is fucking with me on this. We've been trying to get him to buy GW2 for awhile now, and he always blows it off. I got him a beta 3 key from some Alienware giveaway, and he played all of 30 minutes before he had to bail on us. He was able to log in and play on last nights stress test, so my question is did he prepurchase the game, and is just trying to pull one over on us or were beta giveaway keys able to play stress tests too?

I think he pre-purchased.

I had no interest in GW2 at all, but that combat looks pretty sweet.

It reminds me of DAoC.

quick question...

For the stress tests they usually let anybody that's ever done any of the tests in to max out the servers.

That's crazy then, all of the stress tests haven't been smooth,
Lag wise? They have for me. Doesn't mean they've been smooth, not when I can usually barely log in for the first hour.

And like they were saying in any case, it was a connectivity issue affecting both GW1 and GW2 that was causing it.

Is there a stress test this weekend? I got a beta weekend key a month or so ago and would like to try the game again.

on FB:

Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--
Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

iHkym.jpg

^^^exactly how I feel, lol!

I don't think I'll leave my house on the weekend of the 25th.

Anyone getting a lot of drivers has stopped responding and videocard lockups in this game?

Wifes PC is acting like it is overheating, but I checked the temp and the 470 was only at 70c. I cleaned the PC out the other day even and that didn't make any changes. She doesn't get anything like this in Tera, Rift, WoW, anything. It's only GW2 doing this..

Anyone getting a lot of drivers has stopped responding and videocard lockups in this game?

Wifes PC is acting like it is overheating, but I checked the temp and the 470 was only at 70c. I cleaned the PC out the other day even and that didn't make any changes. She doesn't get anything like this in Tera, Rift, WoW, anything. It's only GW2 doing this..

I have the same issue with bf3 using any smash or fxaa injector mods. I think this is a driver conflict bc i use mods for bf3 and skyrim and those two crash while no other game does. Might be an issue with the drivers conflicting w guild wars 2 being a new game.

I have the same issue with bf3 using any smash or fxaa injector mods. I think this is a driver conflict bc i use mods for bf3 and skyrim and those two crash while no other game does. Might be an issue with the drivers conflicting w guild wars 2 being a new game.

I just switched her to 304.79 and shes gone the last 20 minutes without crashing. Hopefully that was it. I did find references to 301.42 and earlier having issues with GW2 and would lead to graphical corruption and the nvkldmm or whatever it is, which is what she was having.

So maybe that was a simple fix.

Excellent game. I wonder what they are testing, everything was smooth as butter for me.

Gosh i hate all of you who can stress test today!!! :mad: My computer parts are coming in tomoro (see signature) and my POS laptop cant handle this game lol

I would look for more stress testing this week and up to the release. I'm willing to bet we'll get to play at least 2 more times before headstart.

So I used the stress test today to try out a warrior since I had not tried that class yet. OMG how did I wait so long? The class is an absolute blast to play. I think it just got bumped to #1 on my list for release (I was originally leaning toward elementalist).

So I used the stress test today to try out a warrior since I had not tried that class yet. OMG how did I wait so long? The class is an absolute blast to play. I think it just got bumped to #1 on my list for release (I was originally leaning toward elementalist).

Ill have to give it a go.

As it sits now, im plannin on a Human ranger, but possibly Sylvarian if its not too.... big of an avatar lol

In the mean time (until computer gets here tmaro) its back to minecraft :mad:

Back