The Modern Warfare 2 Killer - A Poll

Who will kill MW2?

• Modern Warfare 2 will NEVER die!

Votes: 19 5.4%
  • Modern Warfare 2 was never king, so why bother?

Votes: 119 34.0%
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Votes: 171 48.9%
  • The New Medal of Honor

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Other!

Votes: 29 8.3%

• Total voters
god i disagree... if this was a new bad company title, it would be different.. but the bad company (console series) just doesnt have what it takes.. sure theres even a pc version, but it wont be as good.. i didn't enjoy any of the demos for the ps3, 360, or computer... there okay, but don't make me want to come back for more.. not to mention they are large big team games rather than small and up close.. i hardly consider them in the same category... i really hope i'm wrong and bc2 comes through though :)

CS and TF2 will stay consistent while MW2 numbers will go down ~ but it will be a big dog for quite some time

Bad company 2 doesn't seem up to par. Good but not a top dog.

Ive had more fun playing the same map over and over in the BC2 Beta then I have playing MW2, I think I have more time in the BC2 Beta so far as well. MW1 will always be better then MW2, no matter how hard IW tries to persuade you.

You could pretty much say the COD series is pretty much dead already...same 'ol shit, different names. Bad Company 2 should easily kick it's ass...we'll see though.

CoD 4 is still going strong

i'm patching it to 1.7 now so i can play, just reinstalled windows 7

My thoughts depend on what you mean by "Killer" Do I think that BC2 will outsell MW2? Hell no. Do I think that BC2 will be embraced by the PC community and championed as an example of a great online shooter? Hell yes.

COD games are not the same as BF games. It's an unfair comparison. People are jumping on the BC2 bandwagon because of the PC MP issues with MW2. MW2 and BC2 are two different genre's of FPS games. It would be like saying Forza is a Mario Kart killer.

Not really sure what will come next. Really I want to try something like MAG. 128 on 128 seems nuts.

Anyway I played the demo of bad company 2 and after dropping half a mag from my pistol into someone and watching them not die(but seeing where the bullets were hitting them) I gave up on it.

Played MW2 on ps3 for a few hours and im not sure what the big deal is. I thought BF2 was way more entertaning....and that was 4 years ago. Of course bf2 was on PC but still..

COD 4 ....I gave it a try this weekend 16,000 servers. A lot of small servers so I can't count the real good ones. But they are there and still going strong always full on the 40+ ones.

Still a lot of fun. Too bad there are no new maps.

the co killed the game for pc its dead end of story.

I will always wonder if Microcrap didn't pay them to do it.

MW2 is pretty fun but nowhere near the game CoD 4 was. BFBC 2 is a snooze session in comparison, and I have zero faith in the Medal of Honor franchise, so I'll put "other."

MW2 is pretty fun but nowhere near the game CoD 4 was. BFBC 2 is a snooze session in comparison, and I have zero faith in the Medal of Honor franchise, so I'll put "other."

Zero Faith in Medal of Honor eh? Just remember without Medal of Honor the Call of Duty franchies and your precious MW2 would have never existed. The only thing that Killed MW2 is MW2.

PS: Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a much better game. :)

Last edited:
Zero Faith in Medal of Honor eh? Just remember without Medal of Honor the Call of Duty franchies and your precious MW2 would have never existed. The only thing that Killed MW2 is MW2.

PS: Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a much better game. :)

Sorry, let me rephrase.

I have zero faith in the MoH series SINCE MoH: AA (which is #2 on my list of favorite games). They took a nose dive after AA.

Sorry, let me rephrase.

I have zero faith in the MoH series SINCE MoH: AA (which is #2 on my list of favorite games). They took a nose dive after AA.

Oh I'll agree with you on that, I'll never forget the first time I stormed the Beaches of Normandy in full 3D glory. After AA , they started making console games.

BC2 has a chance at being top dog after-all now.

You just gotta figure out which weapons don't suck (80% suck) and convince all the morons playing hardcore that hardcore BC2 is stupid.

BC2 has a chance at being top dog after-all now.

You just gotta figure out which weapons don't suck (80% suck) and convince all the morons playing hardcore that hardcore BC2 is stupid.

I like hardcore, except for the sniping on hardcore is way too easy.

But yeah, I'm still trying to figure out which weapons are decent, lol. Any tips? ;)

I liked mw1 large teams better, less hacking. I hated all the admins rules, no shooting thru walls, no shooting thru smoke, no hopping, no marty, no tubes, blah, blah, blah. I paid for the game, I want to play it however I want. I like pissing people off in mw2 with the propipe because they cant do anything about it.

So many haters hating on MW2 just because BC2 suddenly shows up, just give it time, novelty lunch day hype will wear off and straight back to MW2 like a crack addict they go.

So many haters hating on MW2 just because BC2 suddenly shows up, just give it time, novelty lunch day hype will wear off and straight back to MW2 like a crack addict they go.

Give it a few months and mw2 will be dead.

Oh look, it's this guy again.

Just so you know, I thought MW2 was shit the second they announced it, going by what I knew of CoD4. It's nothing to do with brand loyalty, it's to do with wanting to play games where there's no disparity between the view area and the character model's head, leading people to be able to shoot from the tops of their helmets and so on. That's before all the other nonsense.

:D

No people hate MW2 because its shit. MW1 is better.

Oh look, it's this guy again.

Just so you know, I thought MW2 was shit the second they announced it, going by what I knew of CoD4. It's nothing to do with brand loyalty, it's to do with wanting to play games where there's no disparity between the view area and the character model's head, leading people to be able to shoot from the tops of their helmets and so on. That's before all the other nonsense.

:D

"Oh look, it's this guy again." I believe in your intellectual and reasoning skills, you can start a sentence better than this.

Anyways, if you had a vendetta even before it was release how do you expect to like it, i don't know if you played it or not, but many won't deny it's a fun game and the SP is something you can actually sit through without it being a grind, yes they shafted the PC users, get over it, which port today doesn't?

Last edited:
At this stage MW2 wins by miles, at least I could get online to play.

At this stage MW2 wins by miles, at least I could get online to play.

It can be forgiven, almost every single online multiplayer has server issues, remember connecting millions all at once isn't an easy task, MW2 had mayor issues with lag when first release, it isn't like BF2 when you had just one platforms to deal with, now it's PC, PS3 and Xbox360 handled by EA.

It pisses me off to no end, but MW2 is still a fantastic game. A few technical fixes (go back to dedicated servers and PB) and it would be perfect.

The MW2 killer is... MW2 because it sucks so much. Rampant cheating, no dedicated servers, etc.

I Prestiged 3 times in MW2 and felt the game had potential had they not removed all the PC friendly features and added so many gimmicks. As it is the cheating, glitching and 12 yr olds slobbering profanity all over their microphones ruin anything that might have been good about the game.

Hearing the F-bomb every 10 seconds ruins BFBC2 for me, otherwise I'd be all over it. At the end of the day, I'm still waiting for BF3 (battlefield without the "bad").

How can you be so offended by a word? Fuck is no worse than darn or crap, people just perceive it as horrible for some reason. Fuck man.

"Oh look, it's this guy again." I believe in your intellectual and reasoning skills, you can start a sentence better than this.

Anyways, if you had a vendetta even before it was release how do you expect to like it, i don't know if you played it or not, but many won't deny it's a fun game and the SP is something you can actually sit through without it being a grind, yes they shafted the PC users, get over it, which port today doesn't?

Of course I played it, I wasn't going to dismiss it out of hand. I loved CoD4 for a few months, but playing it frequently simply made me aware of all the inadequacies and shortcomings, and I quickly became sick of all the broken mechanics used. It's fine to pick up and waste an hour on, but they're just not good games any more.

It took me a while to accept that, I was one of the staunchest defenders of the franchise against people saying the exact same thing. But you can only dominate a team 80-6 using a fucking silenced Skorpion so many times before you realise that the game is all kinds of shit.

And that's only CoD4. The fact that MW2 is the same boring hitscan grenadefest thing with fewer players, more superfluous shit on the screen, no admin tools, dedicated servers, inadequate anti-cheat, akimbo shotguns/SMGs/sniper rifles/helicopters and a fanatical mongoloid pubhero community is enough for me and others to state that it's a categorically shit game pandering to the biggest market share - people between the ages of 12 and 18 on the XBox. I'm not saying you can't have fun with it just because it's terrible. I'm saying it's not a good game. You only need to play the campaign with an IQ over 70 and some self-respect to feel the same way.

As for "which port today doesn't?": BC2.

Sadtrombone.

It sure as hell isn't BFBC2, it was shit during the Beta and they still released it...no thanks.

It sure as hell isn't BFBC2, it was shit during the Beta and they still released it...no thanks.

How did they shaft over the PC users?

Oh, right, we're not using thinking, we're just disagreeing out of bloody-mindedness. ;)

hey guys can i have some attention please....thanks...

Back