The Lords of the Fallen

Lords of the Fallen isn't very difficult. There are areas you might think are difficult, but it's actually because you went there way too early (this happened on 2 occasions in my first playthrough, both of them were the Bell Doors). It's kind of like walking into the graveyard on DS1 and progressing the game that way before going to Undead Berg.

I made the mistake of complaining about these areas in my 'artificial difficulty' post, but it was actually me just finishing them early. So aside from my navigation errors through these areas too early the game was as easy as Dark Souls 2 (not the DLC).

I read that Lords of the Fallen (release day version, not sure if patches nerfed the difficulty) was pretty hard...especially in regards to some of the long range enemies- such as archers- that were difficult to reach

I read that Lords of the Fallen (release day version, not sure if patches nerfed the difficulty) was pretty hard...especially in regards to some of the long range enemies- such as archers- that were difficult to reach
I've played since the day after launch and didn't encounter any of that. The only thing bad about the archers is they hit you consistently and never miss, it's still kind of like that, but only at close range (15m or less). But it's not like their arrows do knockback like the Anor Londo archers. Also the archers in Lords of the Fallen don't have any complex platforming in their locations. The only time I can think of them knocking me off something was the very short platforming section in Pilgrims Perch (bell door area).

I figure this might be helpful for people considering the game...

If I were to rank the Souls-Likes (that I've played) in terms of difficulty (solo/without summons) it would be:
(not including God of War, Dragon's Dogma, or Nioh series, etc, they stray a little too much from the FromSoft formula)
  1. Sekiro
  2. Dark Souls 3 DLC
  3. Lies of P
  4. Elden Ring --mainly due to Malenia, if Malenia wasn't in the game it would rank around Code Vein
  5. Dark Souls 3 (Base Game) --this might be lower than DS2 DLC, but I couldn't decide
  6. Dark Souls 2 (SotFS)
  7. Dark Souls 2 (DLC)
  8. Code Vein
  9. Dark Souls 1 (DLC)
  10. Dark Souls 1 (Base Game)
  11. The Surge
  12. Lords of the Fallen 2023
  13. Dark Souls 2 (Base Game)
Lords of the Fallen is bottom tier difficulty. No bosses gave me any trouble at all (1-5 attempts each boss). No zone is harder than Anor Londo in DS1 and that is ranked 10th. It might be easier than Dark Souls 2 (base game).

Edit: I'll say the last 3-4 bosses in Lords of the Fallen are kind of difficult. Probably harder than Dark Souls 1 bosses, it's just most players by now are really good at these games so they arn't challenging to a Souls-veteran. They might be difficult to journalists, or new players to these games... but people who play the games regularly, absolutely not.

By todays standards with bosses like the ones from Lies of P, Sekiro, Elden Ring. Lords of the Fallen is easy by comparison. There's nothing at the level of Malenia, Isshin, Owl Father, The Nameless Puppet, Radagon+Elden Beast, Gael, Frede, Midir, even Demon & Demon.... Not one boss in Lords of the Fallen is remotely this difficult.

Thinking of how stacked DS3 and Sekiro is with bosses makes want to play them again.

Last edited:
No clue about this one (I've only played it for an hour'ish), but the original Lords of the Fallen was relatively mild in the grand scheme of things. Kinda like Dark Souls 2, it started off relatively hard, but it got easier as you got stronger. Almost like they weren't sure how to balance for that. The final boss was tough, but the last 60-70% was mostly downhill.

For me, Sekiro was mostly a breeze except for a few of the damn bosses. There were 3 that were tough as hell (especially the last boss), but it was a cakewalk doing literally anything else. I'm still not sure if it was that hard of a game as a result.

No clue about this one (I've only played it for an hour'ish), but the original Lords of the Fallen was relatively mild in the grand scheme of things. Kinda like Dark Souls 2, it started off relatively hard, but it got easier as you got stronger. Almost like they weren't sure how to balance for that. The final boss was tough, but the last 60-70% was mostly downhill.

For me, Sekiro was mostly a breeze except for a few of the damn bosses. There were 3 that were tough as hell (especially the last boss), but it was a cakewalk doing literally anything else. I'm still not sure if it was that hard of a game as a result.
Sekiro and Lies of P share a commonality in the form of guarding/parrying. Both require you to learn this and use it extensively. You can get through any Dark Souls game dodge rolling without parrying a single time, and taking that mentality into Sekiro or Lies of P is tough for a lot of people, myself included. Sekiro did it better than Lies of P though, as it had more generous timing windows for successful parries, whereas Lies of P had some wonky telegraphs, especially for bosses, that were really frustrating until you absolutely mastered the boss. In Dark Souls you can usually get the feel of the boss fight in a couple of tries and win based on a number of different approaches.

I finished LoTF earlier this week and I've been grinding out weapon upgrade mats waiting for NG+ patch come out Thursday to add the vestiges back in, which was a huge W for me because I wasn't going to play it if they didn't cave on that. The game was NOT hard beyond the big packs of normal enemies / elites, nerfing that is going to make the base game the easiest Soulslike of all times because the bosses in this game are a joke. NG+ adds bigger HP pools and it looks like they have nerfed stagger so you need to parry more, which is probably a good thing. I got through the entire game without using parry in a single fight, and I beat at least 90% of the bosses on my first try in a blind playthrough.

20231025081738_1.jpg

Upgrade what?

20231025064711_1.jpg

Cool looking Bone Ladder

This is a great looking game one of the best looking souls games I played. I saved right after the 3rd boss going to look for some Pyromancer or Cultist spells when I return looked at a video on Youtube I knew the location for vendors would be hard to find.
The game hasn't been hard at all for my Pyro but other classes might be a challenge if I had to do it over I would go with aa Dexter.

Last edited:
Unless they have since patched frame generation back into the menus the only way to disable the frame generation flag you have to go to the GameUserSettings.ini for the game and look for the flag, I believe it is in the first entry with a long list of options. For whatever reason when they disabled frame generation with a patch they left the flag on by default for nvidia 40 series cards so v-sync and reflex are greyed out.

Unless they removed it, you can also make the Frame Generation toggle active again by adding this to the properties for the game's launcher: -DLSSFG

Patch v.1.1.243

Optimization

-We've optimized the general performance of Lumen in UE5 with the help of EPIC to gain an extra 1 or 2 ms of GPU processing throughout the game experience
-We've removed cast shadows from some Umbral meshes that didn't project any shadows (when against the wall or piled up) to increase FPS in certain areas

Visuals
-Blood trails that appear when hitting enemies have been refined to enhance the feeling of making an impact on an enemy
-Minor adjustments have been made to the materials of several armor sets to enhance their visual quality without affecting performance (changes in shader parameters and textures)

and much more...full patch notes at link below...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1501750/view/3720595746428601716

I played Elden Ring, is this worth it>? I'm on the if if about this one, i thought i would ask here

Anyone get stuttering and fps drops when running? I have that after new update.

I played Elden Ring, is this worth it>? I'm on the if if about this one, i thought i would ask here
I haven't played it but it looks pretty generic to me and just plain bad. Looking more and more like a bargin bin $12 purchase, tops. These devs don't know what they're doing and all these damage control patches prove it. I feel bad for the people who paid $60 to beta test it, because now it is literally a completely different game than when it launched a few weeks ago.

If your looking for a souls-like why not give Lies of P a go? Huge learning curve, but the quality is volumes ahead of this.

That trailer is really cool to watch. But misleading since it looks like gameplay, you can't actually do half the stuff shown in it during gameplay.

I've played since the day after launch and didn't encounter any of that. The only thing bad about the archers is they hit you consistently and never miss, it's still kind of like that, but only at close range (15m or less). But it's not like their arrows do knockback like the Anor Londo archers. Also the archers in Lords of the Fallen don't have any complex platforming in their locations. The only time I can think of them knocking me off something was the very short platforming section in Pilgrims Perch (bell door area).

I figure this might be helpful for people considering the game...

If I were to rank the Souls-Likes (that I've played) in terms of difficulty (solo/without summons) it would be:
(not including God of War, Dragon's Dogma, or Nioh series, etc, they stray a little too much from the FromSoft formula)
  1. Sekiro
  2. Dark Souls 3 DLC
  3. Lies of P
  4. Elden Ring --mainly due to Malenia, if Malenia wasn't in the game it would rank around Code Vein
  5. Dark Souls 3 (Base Game) --this might be lower than DS2 DLC, but I couldn't decide
  6. Dark Souls 2 (SotFS)
  7. Dark Souls 2 (DLC)
  8. Code Vein
  9. Dark Souls 1 (DLC)
  10. Dark Souls 1 (Base Game)
  11. The Surge
  12. Lords of the Fallen 2023
  13. Dark Souls 2 (Base Game)
Lords of the Fallen is bottom tier difficulty. No bosses gave me any trouble at all (1-5 attempts each boss). No zone is harder than Anor Londo in DS1 and that is ranked 10th. It might be easier than Dark Souls 2 (base game).

Edit: I'll say the last 3-4 bosses in Lords of the Fallen are kind of difficult. Probably harder than Dark Souls 1 bosses, it's just most players by now are really good at these games so they arn't challenging to a Souls-veteran. They might be difficult to journalists, or new players to these games... but people who play the games regularly, absolutely not.

By todays standards with bosses like the ones from Lies of P, Sekiro, Elden Ring. Lords of the Fallen is easy by comparison. There's nothing at the level of Malenia, Isshin, Owl Father, The Nameless Puppet, Radagon+Elden Beast, Gael, Frede, Midir, even Demon & Demon.... Not one boss in Lords of the Fallen is remotely this difficult.

Thinking of how stacked DS3 and Sekiro is with bosses makes want to play them again.
Which ones have the best or at least good keyboard/mouse control - i.e, no game pad.

Which ones have the best or at least good keyboard/mouse control - i.e, no game pad.
polonyc2 would know for sure.

I got the following infomation from pcgamingwiki.com:
Full Remapping: Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls Remastered, Lords of the Fallen
HUD issues: Code Vein
Config Editing Needed: The Surge
Some Keys Cannot be Rebound: Lies of P, Elden Ring

polonyc2 would know for sure.

I got the following infomation from pcgamingwiki.com:
Full Remapping: Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls Remastered, Lords of the Fallen
HUD issues: Code Vein
Config Editing Needed: The Surge
Some Keys Cannot be Rebound: Lies of P, Elden Ring

I only use kb/m and never use a controller so for me every game works fine...the important thing is to remap the controls based on what feels right...for example I never use WSAD for movement and always use the arrow keys (not the NumPad ones) so I remap the most used functions around the arrow keys (including all 5 mouse buttons)

I don't remember having any issues with any of the Dark Souls games, Sekiro or Elden Ring on PC...even games like Jedi: Survivor worked fine...I found a mod that enables kb/m remapping so I'll be playing Lies of P soon

good to know that Lords of the Fallen allows full kb/m remapping

So overall gameplay without stutter and no fps drops. But when i load game on first minute i hear loud cpu fan and i think cpu usage is high and i have fps drops and stutter. After maybe 2 minutes ,cpu fan is quiet,just all calm and no stutters. Anyone observed that ? Just first two minutes of gameplay is stuttering then fine.

Spent like two hours trying to get the Skyrest Door Key I was going to pick the key up then two Grim Reaper like guys spawn and kill me. It would be bad but the entire path is on ledges and guys who knock you off the side of these narrow bridges.
I didn't get key......

20231104174205_1.jpg

This is by far the hardest part of the game trying to get this item and the item is still there. People complain about too many adds this is the spot.
20231104203510_1.jpg

This guy just chomping on me and my Valari Pillow like I'm nothing spawned a NPC Tank to help me out on the 3rd try.

LOL I'm done with this game for a while I got to a town where everything is on fire everything is super hard people just run past the stuff how is that suppose to be fun?

20231106102422_1.jpg

Does this look like fun? I'm done for a while not going to uninstall but game is fun at time other times it's just a mess. Switching between worlds is just a pain.

20231107132037_1.jpg

I spent a few hours on this Giant guy then someone on a Youtube comments said to use Radiant spells on him with a Pyromancer Catalyst using a special ring that worked the 1st time I tried it.
He's immune to fire and everything else I tried wasn't working that good because my character was fire.

Last edited:
2023 roadmap...a number of free content additions are in development, including a new questline event ...
I don't see myself returning to this game, but it's good that the developers are going to be adding content for future players. I would like to see them make the game better... but it is flawed, too easy.

Ranged attacks do way too much damage and make the game trivial. Putting artifical barriers up for me like not using ranged attacks or buffs is just dumb (unless I'm doing a challenge run), I thought about it, but honestly it's just something the devs need to fix. Literally throwing hatchets or shooting a bow 1-2 shots most enemies in the game with zero risk, even the big tanky ones die in about 4 hits with a bow. Then also the boss fights are really easy.

Been playing Elden Ring again lately and its rememberence bosses are far more difficult than anything in Lords of the Fallen. I actually died to Godrick the Grafted like 10 times because I think Lords of the Fallen made me worse at games because of how easy it was lol.

20231107182619_1.jpg

Found another Farming Spot finally...

20231106101620_1.jpg

Sometimes those shiny lights on the ground are just Vampire Moths that eat you up till your a goner.

I don't see myself returning to this game, but it's good that the developers are going to be adding content for future players. I would like to see them make the game better... but it is flawed, too easy

some of the things on the roadmap include increased boss difficulty along with new story content/quests...so it might be worth it to revisit the game in the future

some of the things on the roadmap include increased boss difficulty along with new story content/quests...so it might be worth it to revisit the game in the future
Nice, didn't see that once I looked over it. I hope they add some new attacks to the bosses. Thats where I felt they were really lacking, you learn the fights after a few attempts. Playing LotF after Lies of P it was really disappointing seeing that the LotF bosses only had like 3-7 unique attacks (I think the most was around 12 or 13 on 2 bosses) while in Lies of P the bosses had atleast 10-15 attacks and a few had around near 20 which is more similar to FromSoft bosses.

Another thing that didn't feel right was how loose the parry window was in LotF. I could literally parry half the attacks on my first attempt on a boss then have it fully mastered in 2-3 attempts (other than Skinstealer, couldn't parry his crap, glad he got stuck in a wall lol)

This game isn't easy playing a caster until you get some better spells anyway. Alot of my 160+ deaths were from enviroinental stuff falling off cliffs ledges or getting cornered by adds you try running through the level looking for ladders or anything that might help you out only to get smashed by some addd in latern mode. I think the game is going to be easier with all the spells I h ave now the Magma spell is my favorite so far it will hit fo 30 HP then it will hit for 600 HP with the right gear equipped a second later if you spam it. I need to pick up the larger fireball spell that I missed. I just got the Mana Regen ring but it's really slow to Regen.

So overall gameplay without stutter and no fps drops. But when i load game on first minute i hear loud cpu fan and i think cpu usage is high and i have fps drops and stutter. After maybe 1 minutes ,cpu fan is quiet,just all calm and no stutters. Anyone observed that ? Just first 1 minutes of gameplay is stuttering then fine. btw 13900k

Steam Fall sale is live and LotF got a pretty big price drop for a game that was just released just 5 weeks ago...34% off ($39.59)

Lies of P also is discounted by a smaller 20% ($47.99)...shows that Lies of P is the better selling and more popular game

Hello. First pc:
13900K stock
2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800
Rtx 4090 Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Elite Z790 AX
SSD KINGSTON 2TB
Seasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.
win 11

I have weird stuttering and fps drops in game. Is this game issue or system?
I mean gpu usage drops from 99% to 70-80 for split second and goes back like fps.
Like 200fps and drops to 150 and again to 200.
I have 1440P ultra settings and VSYNC OFF,
DLSS quality and no FG.

Hello. First pc:
13900K stock
2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800
Rtx 4090 Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Elite Z790 AX
SSD KINGSTON 2TB
Seasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.
win 11

I have weird stuttering and fps drops in game. Is this game issue or system?
I mean gpu usage drops from 99% to 70-80 for split second and goes back like fps.
Like 200fps and drops to 150 and again to 200.
I have 1440P ultra settings and VSYNC OFF,
DLSS quality and no FG.
How much playtime in the game? Sounds like a Heat issue.
I had no problems when I took vacation last month. Might want to disable XMP on your Ram that might help
Right Click if on Steam to verify files make sure you have the Latest Nvidia drivers. I had problems with Diablo 4 recently on launch and it was NV drivers.

Last edited:
Back