The Lian Li Gallery

Awsome...even though the case isn't for me...I've still been waiting on some pics of the new boxes...I'll be waiting. :)

aj33kl.jpg

aj20hf.jpg

aj17vn.jpg

I've had that problem with the rattling side panel too; all you need to do is stick on a couple squares of duct tape between the holes where the door hooks slide in, that should offer enough padding to quiet the side down.

a few choice pics:

--

--

--

--
And finally: the shot on the kitchen table: showing the hot and cold sides of the rad water temps on the aquaero as well as the temps in bios on startup. CABQE for the win!

:D !

el rolio said:
a few choice pics:

And finally: the shot on the kitchen table: showing the hot and cold sides of the rad water temps on the aquaero as well as the temps in bios on startup. CABQE for the win!

:D !

Wow, that's hot. Fo sho.

TheSandman2236 said:
el rolio; what kind of fan controller is that...?

why its a sunbeam rheobus, the best there is! full control from off to fully on as smooth as can be and can handle even the most hungry of fans!

Tman said:
First off very nice man. Also.. i really didnt mean to flame you or etc at all. Please pardon me for that.

Here is my rig that I just redid a little while ago:
DSC04150.jpg

DSC04483.jpg

DSC04076.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

what do you guys think?

Can you tell me which way you have the coolant flowing in teh last picture there?

It looks to me that you have the outlet of the water pump going to a 'Y' fitting then in to the RBX water block... if so... that is completely wrong... the center single fitting on the RBX is the inlet, the 2 outer ones are the outlets.

If that is actually coming back to the pump... then you are pumping in to the reservoir first? well... definitely not the way I would be putting it together... my reason is... those fill caps on acrylic reservoirs are horribly prone to leaking... and if you are pumping *in* to the reservoir... it will be somewhat under pressure, compared to sucking out of it, and will be completely filled and could push coolant past that seal on the fill cap and start to leak... I, and most people's systems I have ever seen, draw coolant from the reservoir and then pump to either a water block or the rad first - not that it really affects the cooling at all, although a lot of people seem to think it does.

but it is one heck of a nice looking system... great job on it!!! Love the case and looks of everything... and I am sure it is a real powerhouse.

I can't wait for my V1000 so I can slap my peltier system in to it.

~NortH~

NortHWizarD said:

~NortH~

I know you'll be able to do great things with that case man...can't wait to see it.

CrimandEvil said:
I was just about to post that.
http://www.jab-tech.com/Sunbeam-5-1-4-Rheobus-Kit-Silver-pr-2529.html

I take it you like it? ;) Been thinking about picking one up.

i gotta get a resistor added to the leds. i think they have been disallowing me from entering deep sleep. heh, so i been VERY tired for like all of 2006. but once i move the radiator fans over to the aquaero, and the psu fan, i should be able to turn the knobs off at night for sleep/idle mode where the inside case fans wont need to be on.

still is the best manual fan controller out there! you wont regret the purchase

I took some model paint and painted the LEDs down to tiny pin prick lights. They stopped lighting up the room then. The black paint looked like it belonged there.

aburgard said:
I took some model paint and painted the LEDs down to tiny pin prick lights. They stopped lighting up the room then. The black paint looked like it belonged there.

INGENIOUS! ha

NortHWizarD said:
Can you tell me which way you have the coolant flowing in teh last picture there?

It looks to me that you have the outlet of the water pump going to a 'Y' fitting then in to the RBX water block... if so... that is completely wrong... the center single fitting on the RBX is the inlet, the 2 outer ones are the outlets.

If that is actually coming back to the pump... then you are pumping in to the reservoir first? well... definitely not the way I would be putting it together... my reason is... those fill caps on acrylic reservoirs are horribly prone to leaking... and if you are pumping *in* to the reservoir... it will be somewhat under pressure, compared to sucking out of it, and will be completely filled and could push coolant past that seal on the fill cap and start to leak... I, and most people's systems I have ever seen, draw coolant from the reservoir and then pump to either a water block or the rad first - not that it really affects the cooling at all, although a lot of people seem to think it does.

but it is one heck of a nice looking system... great job on it!!! Love the case and looks of everything... and I am sure it is a real powerhouse.

~NortH~

No... the water comes form the tank to the pump and then to the CPU to the VGA to and etc.

then you are definitely using that RBX block WAY wrong then.

you have a 'Y' fitting at teh outlet of the water pump... splitting into 2 lines... and then those 2 lines are flowing *in to* the outlets of the RBX water block... you are supposed to have the coolant flowing in to the center nozzle/inelt - underneath that barbed fitting is a nozzle for directing the coolant flow - and depending on which nozzle you have in there, it can be like the storm... so... you really should switch that and fix it... make it right... I am betting you will see a nice difference in temps... that block was designed specifically to only flow one way... and that is *in through the center fitting and out through the 2 outer fittings*

if the picture is correct, and you say that you are sucking from the res and pushing out to the CPU block... then is is for sure installed 100% wrong.

this is copied right from the pdf on Danger Den's site for installing the Danger Den RBX Water Block...

4. The center fitting is the water inlet. Attach the water inlet tubing to the barb. Use a hose clamp to secure it.
5. The outer fittings are the water outlets. Use an appropriate length of hose (~ 6 inches or 15cm) and attach to the included “Y” fitting. This “Y” fitting is used to convert the outlet streams back to one line.

that should clear it up... and I would bet you get better temps with the water flowing the correct way, since they were designed specifically to perform with water coming through the center inlet and spraying directly over top if the CPU die.

~NortH~

TheSandman2236 said:
cornelious lets see your pc; im curious to see what yours looks like! XD Is yours watercooled?

Honeslty, the system in my sig isn't here yet...it's being sent to me as a gift from a good friend here at [H] and he's waiting on his buddy to send him the memory.

Until that hardware gets here I'm still running a pathetic 1800+ AXP...so don't worry about any pics. :p

EDIT: It will be watercooled...but only for the X850XT-PE...there's gonna be a phase change unit running to keep the 560es nice and chilly. ;) With the space and ability to devote a watercooling loop solely to the video card...I'm thinking about saving up to drop the cash on a Meanwell PSU and a nice size Pelt to slap on the X850XT-PE...it may be an older card, but if I was able to get 'er up around 800MHz on the GPU it'd still be turnin some heads. :)

Upgraded from my smaller LL case to the bigger one. Have 2 Raptor drives and a storage drive in the bottom. Replaced fans with blue fans....and upgraded to the new CPU fan and a second video card. LL is still my fav case :) I still need to add the case handles but have been busy at work :(

I tried to keep my wires under control, used a SATA DVD drive to have less "big" cables....

pctop1.jpg

pcinside1.jpg

pcinside2.jpg

And I must say...the 4 sticks of Corsair Pro do look really cool side by side...might increase temps a bit...but I bet it's slick when they all start workin'. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Very nice wiring job FullMetal...one of the best I've seen with that chassis.

TY I had to order those long Sata cables too :) When I made it I realized that .. um, there is no way that the standard cables were going to reach all the way to the bottom of the case....the long cables are cool anyways, they are sleeved black in stead of those red or orange ones :)

EDIT: as far as heat - no issues, this is on 24/7 and I game alot. When not working....but nah those ram sticks are not having any trouble. The new MSI MB is much nicer too, having the heat pipes ect. Only thing to really get hot is the bottom video card, but solved that issue by putting in a fan to blow directly onto the video cards......

FullMetal said:
TY I had to order those long Sata cables too :) When I made it I realized that .. um, there is no way that the standard cables were going to reach all the way to the bottom of the case....the long cables are cool anyways, they are sleeved black in stead of those red or orange ones :)

Nice stuff....those'd also come in handy for my next Lian-Li project...where'd you get the black/sleeved SATA cables from? I don't need long ones...it's gonna be another PC-60 style chassis...but the red cables always seemed a little gawdy to me.

scrawnypaleguy said:
Slick man, VERY nice... is that black electrical tape? I love that stuff!

I never thought like that before...but once you realise how much black electrical tape can do you good...it's hard to say no. ;)

I got the SATA cables from Voyermods.com

Everything else from New Egg :)

The cables are wrapped in cable sleeving from the local automotive store. Not tape - it is plastic.

tho...have used tape before :) but this plastic sleeve stuff is cheap and looks good IMO.

FullMetal said:
I got the SATA cables from Voyermods.com

Everything else from New Egg :)

The cables are wrapped in cable sleeving from the local automotive store. Not tape - it is plastic.

tho...have used tape before :) but this plastic sleeve stuff is cheap and looks good IMO.

Good to know m8...thx. :)

FullMetal said:

EDIT: as far as heat - no issues, this is on 24/7 and I game alot. When not working....but nah those ram sticks are not having any trouble. The new MSI MB is much nicer too, having the heat pipes ect. Only thing to really get hot is the bottom video card, but solved that issue by putting in a fan to blow directly onto the video cards......

Well that's good to know that the heat pipes work upside down in the LL cases. I was worried about that myself. Care to provide temps?

phoderpants said:
Well that's good to know that the heat pipes work upside down in the LL cases. I was worried about that myself. Care to provide temps?

I'd also be interested in seeing some temps with the heatpipes on the inverted motherboard...as there have been countless people stating that it will or won't work at all.

cornelious0_0 said:
And I must say...the 4 sticks of Corsair Pro do look really cool side by side...might increase temps a bit...but I bet it's slick when they all start workin'. :)

actually its ballistix, which i like better cuz they are FAR less bulky than the corsairs. ALSO, electrical tape and platic loom REALLY can help where heatshrink cant work, like the end off your ATX power cable for instance.
and lastly, a VERY good place for long cables like SATA and new fans is performance-pcs.com simply cuz you choose whatever sleeving and heatshrink combination you want. FOR ANYTHING.

NortHWizarD said:
then you are definitely using that RBX block WAY wrong then.

you have a 'Y' fitting at teh outlet of the water pump... splitting into 2 lines... and then those 2 lines are flowing *in to* the outlets of the RBX water block... you are supposed to have the coolant flowing in to the center nozzle/inelt - underneath that barbed fitting is a nozzle for directing the coolant flow - and depending on which nozzle you have in there, it can be like the storm... so... you really should switch that and fix it... make it right... I am betting you will see a nice difference in temps... that block was designed specifically to only flow one way... and that is *in through the center fitting and out through the 2 outer fittings*

if the picture is correct, and you say that you are sucking from the res and pushing out to the CPU block... then is is for sure installed 100% wrong.

this is copied right from the pdf on Danger Den's site for installing the Danger Den RBX Water Block...

4. The center fitting is the water inlet. Attach the water inlet tubing to the barb. Use a hose clamp to secure it.
5. The outer fittings are the water outlets. Use an appropriate length of hose (~ 6 inches or 15cm) and attach to the included “Y” fitting. This “Y” fitting is used to convert the outlet streams back to one line.

that should clear it up... and I would bet you get better temps with the water flowing the correct way, since they were designed specifically to perform with water coming through the center inlet and spraying directly over top if the CPU die.

~NortH~

I thank you for your help. BUT.. at first i did what you have told me. I then swiched it to this way and my pump now flows in the correct direction. Believe me man... it fooled me. I even tested it like this and the water flows the right path.

mine is special :l

Tman said:
I thank you for your help. BUT.. at first i did what you have told me. I then swiched it to this way and my pump now flows in the correct direction. Believe me man... it fooled me. I even tested it like this and the water flows the right path.

mine is special :l

What are/were your before and after temps before and after switching it around...still seems strange to me.

Sorry for not commenting before el rolio, but nice setup...I'm lovin' the Aquario...got a writeup of your build/watercooling loop anywhere on [H]?

With that setup, I bet you get all the girls!! I am close... but not as cool. I just pick up the crumbs... I'll post pics shortly. ;-)

cornelious0_0 said:
Sorry for not commenting before el rolio, but nice setup...I'm lovin' the Aquaero...got a writeup of your build/watercooling loop anywhere on [H]?

yea homie, its the thread in my SIG! :p here ya go: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028188352

and of course the most recent work is on the last page of that thread. dont tell me you have never been to me+rev's worklog before!!?!?!?!? that would be a travesty!

el rolio said:
yea homie, its the thread in my SIG! :p here ya go: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028188352

and of course the most recent work is on the last page of that thread. dont tell me you have never been to me+rev's worklog before!!?!?!?!? that would be a travesty!

Sorry bro...I hadn't been paying attention to the Case Modding forum for awhile and I must have missed it...but thx for the link...definitely checking it out.

Back