The Lian Li Gallery

How much was the powder coat on the interior? I've got a v1000 too.

I pm'd him on that fan controller. Never got an answer back. It looks pretty sweet. I mounted my fan controller inside the case just so I wouldn't mess up the look of my front.

I tried to look through this thread, but it is massive :) I have a PC-60 Plus and I'm looking to air a side panel air duct (possibly with a fan)... I was wondering what others have used? Any pics?

-Thanks

anyone here fit a scythe ninja in a pc-65? does it fit without modification?

anyone here fit a scythe ninja in a pc-65? does it fit without modification?

Don't see why it wouldn't...the PC-65 is a fairly standard sized midtower case, but then again...I haven't personally tried it out.

How much was the powder coat on the interior?

It all depends on how much a local "powder coater" is going to cost you. For me (in canada mind you) the place where I got my PC-60 done only charged me like $60 or so to get the entire chassis done, inside and out. Tough to say though, places will charge what they want, so check around.

Aburgard: For me the powdercoating only cost about $25 NZ but here in New Zealand that kinda stuff's pretty cheap

DaMiEn said:
Aburgard: For me the powdercoating only cost about $25 NZ but here in New Zealand that kinda stuff's pretty cheap

Very nice, such a nice paint job for the money, can't wait to have a go at another LiLi once I've got the cash.

My Lian Li Case:

AMD 64 3500 - 2 Gig Ballistix tracer ram - 7800 GTX - MSI MB - 74 GB Raptor ect = 3DMark03 score: 16752

The whole thing is uber cool (temp) and I love the case!

I did a so-so job with the sound dampening pads IMO - but she is pure quiet :)

Still want to put in a second 7800 GTX - Water cool it - and need more HDD's :) $$$$

lltwo.jpg

Pretty cool FullMetal, nice original work there and good job utilizing the sound dampening material...actually looks pretty good.

This is back when I had an Asus A8N Sli Premium
DSC02536.jpg

Which was ditched for the DFI Lan Party Expert Board

10.jpg

You will notice hanging down by the front of the case is a knob which belongs to the 120mm fan in the lower drive bay area... this bastard can push some air at full speed. But also can become annoying even through the foam inside of the case.

I will get around to resleeving all of the cables to the psu and maybe getting the inside of the case painted black. I dont really have a problem with it how it is now, was thinking maybe of some tinted plexiglass to cover the side of the HD bays and the lower Area to hide the psu wires completely.

newdesk.jpg

and added another kb tray to my desk!
DSC02629.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

FullMetal said:

I see Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM.
I had four of these on DFI Lanparty Ultra-D, tight fit and veeeery hot.

How about your temperatures?
I had to rma both of my 2x512 Kits because one of each kit was faulty.

koegs said:

Really? Dang, I have three computers using Ballistix Ram, none of them have had any issues? This one has the Tracer version of the Ram, to the touch with PC on, they are not hot. I leave my PC on 24/7 (various reasons) and when I touch each part inside - only the 7800 GTX is warm.

I am off to work, but will get you some temps when I am back.

FullMetal said:
Really? Dang, I have three computers using Ballistix Ram, none of them have had any issues? This one has the Tracer version of the Ram, to the touch with PC on, they are not hot. I leave my PC on 24/7 (various reasons) and when I touch each part inside - only the 7800 GTX is warm.

I am off to work, but will get you some temps when I am back.

Nice to hear you haven't had any issues...especially with that many machines depending on that Ballistix. Hopefully your good fortune doesn't run out.

koegs said:

d00d forget about the ram check the card....

eVGA 7800 ko *drool

The graphics card is wonderful, I went from a 6600GT to the 7800GTX, and oh boy the diff is great.

Did I miss somethings about Ballistix Ram? Is it bad? I have built 8 systems with it over the last year. No issues with it so far. I had thought the Ram was pretty darn good....

I spurged and got the Tracer version for my LL PC since it has a nice big window. Been up and running with this LL system for over a month, no issues. I still have not checked the temp of the Ram as of yet, but is seems to be cool. Fit just fine, maybe part of why everything in my LL is cool, is the fact that this LL case does a great job as far as Cooling goes?

I have Ballistix Ram in a Frag Box DIY system and a eCube system. Neither have had troubles, and they have been up and running almost a year now.

Just wondered, you all make it sound like Ballistix is bad?

Anyways, I shopped around and found some Radiators and other H2O stuff to do a water cooling system for this LL PC. Once I get it water cooled I will post more pictures. Should be by late Feb.

cornelious0_0 said:
Pretty cool FullMetal, nice original work there and good job utilizing the sound dampening material...actually looks pretty good.

Oh and thanks :)

It was sorta scary doing it....once applied, it would have been a major pain to pull off and reapply if it went on wrong the first time.

I don't know if it was really needed, the system was so quiet to start with, but I do like having it mostly black inside instead of silver. I am too lazy to send it away to have the inside pianted nicely.

It is quieter with the sound dampening materials too....I have three computers right next to each other and it can get real loud sometimes.

The water cooled Frag Box has a Aqua Gate Mini I installed in it- now that IS LOUD.

yay,closest thing to a lian li owners forum I can find :p

hate to join just to post my case but here you go

IM002061.JPG

my 17" and 19" lcd's (nec1765,samsung sm914v),g15 keyboard,mx1000mouse,z680 speakers etc,can't forget my bose triports headphones <3<3
IM002063.JPG

IM002064.JPG

IM002066.JPG

My main comp=
amd 64bit [email protected] 1:1
2x1gig sticks of ocz platinum el
Nvidia 6800gt oc @ ultra speeds(425x1.1ghz)
MSI k8n neo2 platinum
ocz 520watt modstream
2x120gig hdd's
2x80gig hdd's (all ide :( )
lian li pc6070p case
nec 3500 dvd r/w,6-1 media reader,SIIG SC-PE4B12 etc....

and a quick pic of my htpc.server setup
IM002062.JPG

top htpc=
p4 3.0e w/ ht @3.4ghz
gig of value stuff
2x80gig wd hdd's
Nvidia 5950ultra

btw the wallpaper is awsome so shut up :p ,I just moved in recently and use the room as my comp room/workshop so it's all good

it's a good thing,incase I decide to leave a particular place I'll know atleast one person on another forum :rolleyes:

Right now i am gathering all my parts for my first Lian Lia Case i have the 65b with window kit preinstalled I am putting a p4 3.4ghz HT with 1raptor and 1 300gb Seagate, 2gb of corsair DDR2 XMS, XFX Geforce 7800GT 2Sony DVD-RW-+/- CD-RW My Heatsink is a Swiftech. I can't wait to start building it i will post pictues and keep everyone updated. :)

apauk397 said:
Right now i am gathering all my parts for my first Lian Lia Case i have the 65b with window kit preinstalled I am putting a p4 3.4ghz HT with 1raptor and 1 300gb Seagate, 2gb of corsair DDR2 XMS, XFX Geforce 7800GT 2Sony DVD-RW-+/- CD-RW My Heatsink is a Swiftech. I can't wait to start building it i will post pictues and keep everyone updated. :)

Sounds decent enough, I await your pics. :)

Why're you going with dual DVDRW drives? Also, what mobo and specific CPU/heatsink are you going with...I could probly provide some usefull input on those topics...but this thread is not the place for them, we want to keep this discussion on topic, so PM me if you could.

Started by adding a front fan. and a couple UV lights.
prepcase.jpg

Moved 1 hdd cage out and re-situated the other to my liking.
hddcage.jpg

Drilled a hole to route sata cables (damn cool yellow ones werent long enough)
mess.jpg

Expert mobo in with the new lady:
opty.jpg

Together and looking decent:
showoff.jpg

cables.jpg

And finally running.
running.jpg

so many v series cases /me dies

nice 1200 Q

oh god this is SOOO annoying eh cornelius?

being torn between upgrades or a case :p

and sorry for the misspellage cornelious :(

I like the 1200... I'm running out of room in my 1000 series. doh! Nice ccfl placement qbackin.. I have some in the same places. :)

0mega said:
being torn between upgrades or a case :p

and sorry for the misspellage cornelious :(

Here is what you need to get omega.... You need to get an effin job :p. I've been hearing about this ram/case issue for like a month and a half. How long does it take to save up a couple hundred bucks??

Then you can have a li li like the rest of us.

hey rev, you see how qbackin did his hdd rack? i like it :D i might see if it works for roli

i will when A) The weather gets better. B) theres a decent place to work at besides the theatre down the road a bit from me C) i unno...

Stop the spam? :p

el rolio said:
hey rev, you see how qbackin did his hdd rack? i like it :D i might see if it works for roli

Yeah - I bet it will work and then you'll have room for a res for sure... is that what ur thinkin'?

el rolio said:

Bout time someone noticed my damn rig :p
That hdd cage is perfect now. Used the same holes too.

You didnt have to drill new holes to mount the cage sideways? That is badass! I will have to try that when I get mine in a few months!

I was going to remove one of the cages anyways since I will only have one drive (RaptorX)

:D

mike_j_johnson said:
You didnt have to drill new holes to mount the cage sideways? That is badass! I will have to try that when I get mine in a few months!

I was going to remove one of the cages anyways since I will only have one drive (RaptorX)

:D
I didnt drill any special holes to mount it that way. Unless my case already came with them, it was just meant to be ;) I only have 2 hdd so the 2nd cage was really un-needed, I have a raptor boot drive and its really gettin some much needed airflow this way. Although the cooling fins are facing the fan in stock position, but I like this look better.

I can say that adding the upper intake fan really helped my cpu and gpu temps. This is good for my 2nd GT and Nv5 that is on the way. I plan on getting the Lian Li mesh drive covers soon, to get some real good flow. But its hard to pay 35 bones for some bay covers :p

Back