The Last of Us is coming to PS4 'sometime' this summer!

I'll pick this up used on craigslist for $40 within the first month and be happy even tho I beat the game three times on ps3. It was a really good game

Not cheaper than 40-60 bucks.

I just don't see the point of re-releasing a game that game out barely a year ago. FFX-X2 re-release I bought because I wanted it in widescreen and in one package. That games also nearly 10 years old.

How is it any different than say Grand Theft Auto getting released on the PC? It always comes way later than the console version.

What's wrong with having both?

Why waste time working on both? I would prefer the developer to work on something new and not just release an up-res version of a game. If you didn't play it on the platform it released on then that's tough shit. Either find that platform or game and then play it.

Not cheaper than 40-60 bucks.

I just don't see the point of re-releasing a game that game out barely a year ago. FFX-X2 re-release I bought because I wanted it in widescreen and in one package. That games also nearly 10 years old.

You don't have to play just one game if you didn't have a PS3. That system has a lot of great exclusives that you can grab for under $10-$20.

I bought my ps3 just to play tlou. It's the only thing so far even tempting me to get a ps4

Sony tweeted today they are considering a special price for owners of the game on ps3

That is the same one I was referencing too. It would be nice to be able to get it at tiers depending on what we purchased;

• Purchased: The Last of Us - 49.99 / 44.99 PS +
  • Purchased: The Last of Us w/ Expansion - 39.99 / 34.99 PS +
  • Purchased: The Last of Us w/ Season Pass - 34.99 / 29.99 PS +

They will not follow the Ghosts, Battefield 4, and AC: Black Flag model though. It would be a welcome surprise, but 9.99 is a stretch.

From obscurity i come down to post some salt in certain person's wound... that person that said that the PS4 has no games and has a vampire fetish:

dMFo1OS.png

7m PS4 sold to customers and 20+m games sold to customers disagree against the 5m shipped XB1's

And off i go, back to obscurity for a couple months more! (unless something really interesting happens)

From obscurity i come down to post some salt in certain person's wound... that person that said that the PS4 has no games and has a vampire fetish:

http://i.imgur.com/dMFo1OS.png

7m PS4 sold to customers and 20+m games sold to customers disagree against the 5m shipped XB1's

And off i go, back to obscurity for a couple months more! (unless something really interesting happens)

WTF does this have to do with the last of us on PS4?

OT but speaking of vita did you see all digital ps1/psp games now work on vita!

Yep I got Crash 1-3 and Spyro already on it ;).

I wish the Vita had more games in the same style that translates well to portables.

Yep I got Crash 1-3 and Spyro already on it ;).

I wish the Vita had more games in the same style that translates well to portables.

I'm enjoying the sly cooper thieves in time and oddworld's strangers wrath quite a bit. Both are excellent ports.

I'm enjoying the sly cooper thieves in time and oddworld's strangers wrath quite a bit. Both are excellent ports.

I got Sly Cooper during an Amazon Sale of the PS3 version (crossbuy) it was a much better port than Jak and Daxter HD. Unless Oddworld was free on PS+ I don't have it, is it worth a download?

I got Sly Cooper during an Amazon Sale of the PS3 version (crossbuy) it was a much better port than Jak and Daxter HD. Unless Oddworld was free on PS+ I don't have it, is it worth a download?

It was free on PS+ but no longer. Oddworld: Strangers Wrath was a great game when I played it on original Xbox. Not sure about the port but heard good things.

I didn't even know about the Left Behind DLC. I just learned of it yesterday. Apparently this will be the only single-player DLC for the game? If so that's lame, I thought there would be at least a few different side-stories released for it.

I was going to hold out for the PS4 release to play left behind, but I just remembered that I have $20 in PSN credit and I won't use it for anything else, so I might as well play through it now. I'll prolly still get it for PS4 too just because I love the game that much.

I didn't even know about the Left Behind DLC. I just learned of it yesterday. Apparently this will be the only single-player DLC for the game? If so that's lame, I thought there would be at least a few different side-stories released for it.

I was going to hold out for the PS4 release to play left behind, but I just remembered that I have $20 in PSN credit and I won't use it for anything else, so I might as well play through it now. I'll prolly still get it for PS4 too just because I love the game that much.

You can use the $20 PSN credit towards buying the PS4 version.

As much as I like having the boxes, if having it download only means 'more' game then I'm for it.

I can't wait for this game! I was just about to buy the PS3 version when I heard of the possibility it might come to the PS4.

The comparison video was horrible but it looks like they didn't focus as much on it as the Tomb Raider folks did. It looks a hell of a lot better but meh, still getting it regardless.

I'm seriously considering a PS4 just for this game (the others are a bonus). I love my XBOne, but this game is just an amazing game on the PS3. There are other games I want to play, too, but this one is probably the one to seal the deal.

I'm so glad I waited to play this game. I played a couple hours of the PS3 version then ran into some real-life issues that had me put it in my backlog. Never got back around to it since I started playing GTA V and then GTA: Online. Now I can play the game in full 1080p/60 glory (along with full replay GTA V on the PS4 again :D).

Hopefully, (apologize if this is mentioned) it runs better than the 15-25FPS it had on the PS3. I picked up a PS3 just for this game and it was damn near unplayable at points cause the frame-rate was so poor.

May pickup a PS4 for this!

For anyone who might not have realized it, here is a video you should watch (preferably on your HDTV).

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_32286_1_en.html

It's the uncompressed E3 video, I watched it awhile ago and forgot to mention it when the Gamespot comparison video came out. It put it in perspective for me, everything I saw prior made me think it was not that much more of an improvement. This video gave me a better understanding, it's not TR updates but it's definitely clean and worth the 49.99 if you have never played it before.

The lighting and texture detail is better along with the 1080p/60, character models are also noticeably better but other than that I can't see anything else.

Last edited:
troll? said:
60fps ruins the game Report
Steve_Justice rated this game on 21 Jun 2014 07:33 AM

Game is amazing. One of the best in the entire medium. But when not presented in its original cinematic quality of 24-30fps, it looks terrible. 60fps should only be used for first person shooters, racing and fighting games.

aha this review on PSN

Also it's $50 everywhere right now so if you want to preorder it, go for it. I just grabbed the digital copy on PSN.

Back