The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Does anyone have a 2/4/+ port SATA3 expansion card they'd part with cheap or for shipping?

Edit: PCIe.

Last edited:
A few random items. Pay the shipping and you can have them.

LG GGC-H20L Blu Ray and HD-DVD drive. Worked last time I tried it. (a while ago)
Heatkiller IV GTX1080 founders edition. It has been sitting for a while and the copper is now a nice shade of oxidized black inside. Needs some TLC, but functional. Just the waterblock, not the video card.
4 sticks G.Skill ddr3-1600 4gb each
2 sticks Crucial 10th anniversary ddr2 1gb each

Last edited:
YGPM on the LG optical drive.

LG GGC-H20L Blu Ray and HD-DVD drive. Worked last time I tried it. (a while ago)
Heatkiller IV GTX1080 founders edition. It has been sitting for a while and the copper is now a nice shade of oxidized black inside. Needs some TLC, but functional.
2 sticks Crucial 10th anniversary ddr2 2gb each

I did remember that but you had to go and connect the first PC first for it to work if I remember correctly. The router lets any PC initiate the connection. (Remember setting up an app to connect so you would not hit the busy time and end up with a busy signal?)

I attached the quote from 2000 for my 2nd PC and edited out personal information. Dell quote was sent via email as an HTML (found it and thought I would share), If anyone is interested in talking about it I can start a thread. For any young ones out there for context, I bought a 20-year-old car with 70,000 miles 8 years earlier for $600. (I did get 6 to 10 mpg, sorry).

EDIT I Printed the redacted HTML file to a PDF and attached it.
Gosh, I must have picked up at least a dozen of that style dell desktop from my local recycling center before they went all legal and killed the reuse program. Nuts. Thanks for the memories my dude!

Heatkiller IV GTX1080 founders edition. It has been sitting for a while and the copper is now a nice shade of oxidized black inside. Needs some TLC, but functional.
Daaaaaaaamn, I missed out on that drive. I've been trying to back up my old HD DVD movies, if w1retap doesn't take it then please lemme know.

You have a PM.

Daaaaaaaamn, I missed out on that drive. I've been trying to back up my old HD DVD movies, if w1retap doesn't take it then please lemme know.

I have one and an XBOX 360 External HD-DVD drive and software capable of decoding the video files from HD-DVD disks. I'm NOT offering up my drives (because I still have several HD-DVDs), but if you need help getting HD-DVD disks decrypted and imaged onto an HDD, I would be willing to give you a hand with that.

Last edited:
I have one and an XBOX 360 External HD-DVD drive and software capable of decoding the video files from HD-DVD disks. I'm NOT offering up my drives (because I still have several HD-DVDs), but if you need help getting HD-DVD disks decrypted and imaged onto an HDD, I would be willing to give you a hand with that.
I appreciate the offer, but I also have an Xbox 360 External drive. It has some power connection problems and so I was looking for a replacement that isn't as finicky as that one. :)

Heatkiller IV GTX1080 founders edition. It has been sitting for a while and the copper is now a nice shade of oxidized black inside. Needs some TLC, but functional. Just the waterblock, not the video card.
Ygpm

$10 for non-prime, i think.
ok. just an option in case someone here doesnt have one kickin around.
I don't shop there and thus never think about checking it. Is that price with Prime?

Edit: Thanks for the heads up but I'd rather get one elsewhere if I can.
If you don't mind me asking, what's the use case? If it's to add ports for software raid arrays I'd steer clear and just get 8 port SAS controllers on eBay for about $25. These SATA controllers aren't built for concurrent read/writes and I had many bad experiences trying to run arrays off of them

If you don't mind me asking, what's the use case? If it's to add ports for software raid arrays I'd steer clear and just get 8 port SAS controllers on eBay for about $25. These SATA controllers aren't built for concurrent read/writes and I had many bad experiences trying to run arrays off of them
Planning a platform upgrade to AM5 sometime within the next few months and the boards I can justify don't have enough for my liking. It'd be for HDDs for storage (individual drives), disc drives, eSATA or some combination. Worst case is probably ripping a BD/some write(s) to one drive and reading some files on it.

Last edited:
I am looking to get rid of this 3 pack of Pixel 7 phone glass for the cost of shipping. I'm thinking $5 shipped. It is new / sealed in plastic. I got these with my Pixel and decided to get the privacy glass that dims if you look at it sideways, so these were never opened.

JETech Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Google Pixel 7

View attachment 616906

This is no longer available. There wasnt any interest, so I'm donating it to our local thrift store.

Anyone have leftover TPU 3D printing Filament (1.75mm) Shore 50A to 80A? I've been shopping for a half KG spool of Shore 50A to Shore 70A and can't seem to find one. Only full Kilogram spools of 95A hardness TPU that cost more than it's worth. I only want to print a few small round membrane buttons for a "waterproof power button". Wondering if anyone has like 100 grams of soft 50A to 70A TPU filament to spare.

Also looking for full size 1.75mm nozzles to recycle plastic soda bottles into filament.

I have some 3D printer parts / consumable parts: Blue Capricorn tubing (honestly you only need a 1 inch piece of blue tube inside of your hotend while you run white PTFE from hotend to spool) / a bunch of brass 0.4mm nozzles (MK8) / hardened steel nozzles (0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8mm just ask me which size you need), Titanium all metal Heat Break, Ender 3 V2 hotend with Copper Titanium Heat Break and Capricorn tube insert (w/ plastic cover, fans, heat cartridge + thermistor). I can ship small amounts of Slice Engineering thermal paste in small plastic jars.

Also have Swiftech MCP35X reservoirs.

Anyone have any Pixel 6 pro screen glass? I am clumsy and have burned through 5 or six already and the one I have now is cracked.

Picked up a couple older desktops and am looking for the following if anyone has anything laying around:
  • 1x PCI-E graphics card, full height
  • 1x PCI-E graphics card, half height
  • 2x DDR3 DIMM
  • 2x DDR2 DIMM
  • 2x SATA SSD

Also have the following for cost of shipping from 28025:
  • 4GB Crucial DDR3 1333 SODIMM
  • 4GB Kingston DDR3 1600 SODIMM
  • 4GB Samsung DDR4 2400 DIMM
  • Pentium G4560 CPU

Last edited:

Attachments

• PXL_20240109_232819132.jpg
    PXL_20240109_232819132.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Anyone have an older MATX Supermicro server motherboard that supports an Intel Xeon E3 socket 1155 CPU / DDR 3 ECC Unregistered RAM / Intel C204 chipset? I gave my Supermicro X9SCM-IIF to someone and while it worked when I last used it, it's been giving him hell. I know the onboard VGA died on it 3 years ago so I had to use a PCI-e 1x GPU to get video output (I understand IPMI is a feature on the board, but it's pretty vulnerable so I disabled that). I believe people were literally throwing these away in Blade form factor last year, but it was just a matter of shipping / moving them. I could use a spare MATX Supermicro board and any DDR3 ECC memory that it may come with. Thanks!

Time for me to give something back for once.

bxsiTDe.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/bxsiTDe.jpg

Anyone want this Black Magic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor card? I bought it at a local amazon return dumpster store a while back, thinking it was a capture card. It's untested (I don't have space to test it in my PC) but it looks to be in good physical shape. It only has a low profile bracket though. Just cover the postage or send me a shipping label and we're good. I'll send it in an envelope, it should arrive fine.

Edit: And it's gone!

Last edited:
Got a bunch of freebies up, check my thread for pics.
1) Perfect pushup handles
2) Tacklife multi function wire tracker
3) Galax Slider-01 Gaming mouse (NIB) https://www.galax.com/en/gaming-accessories/slider-series/slider-gaming-mouse-01.html
4) Kingston DDR4 2x4gb https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/discontinuedmodels?partid=HX430C15SB2K2/8
5) Cablemod kit for EVGA PSU https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-classic-modmesh-e-series-g3-g2-p2-t2-cable-kit-white-blue/
6) Das Keyboard (very clean) --Cherry MX browns

Last edited:
Got a bunch of freebies up, check my thread for pics.
1) Perfect pushup handles
2) Tacklife multi function wire tracker
3) Galax Slider-01 Gaming mouse (NIB) https://www.galax.com/en/gaming-accessories/slider-series/slider-gaming-mouse-01.html
4) Kingston DDR4 2x4gb https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/discontinuedmodels?partid=HX430C15SB2K2/8
5) Cablemod kit for EVGA PSU https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-classic-modmesh-e-series-g3-g2-p2-t2-cable-kit-white-blue/
6) Das Keyboard (very clean)
PM for #5 & 6

I have a couple one Ryzen 1600's that nobody appears to want to pay money for. They both ran fine until replaced (with 3500X's). Both were mildly overclocked to 3.6GHz all-core for a few months until I decided it wasn't worth it; never over-volted. No bent pins. No box or cooler, they'll ship in AMD's little plastic thingie.

Also: RAM, one 2x8GB DDR4 kit of two sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3000C15D-16GVKB 3000 15-26-26-35. Functional when last used.

I suppose I should sell these but I just can't be arsed, and they are collecting dust.

Last edited:
I have a couple Ryzen 1600's that nobody appears to want to pay money for. They both ran fine until replaced (with 3500X's). Both were mildly overclocked to 3.6GHz all-core for a few months until I decided it wasn't worth it; never over-volted. No bent pins. No box or cooler, they'll ship in AMD's little plastic thingie.

Also: RAM, two 2x8GB DDR4 kits. Two sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3000C15D-16GVKB 3000 15-26-26-35, two of Team T-force Vulcan-Z TLZGD416G3200HC16FBK 3200 16-20-20-40. Functional when last used.

I suppose I should sell these but I just can't be arsed, and they are collecting dust.
PM sending on ram

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop. Basically it won't turn on. Hit power, nothing happens, no lights, no sounds. I don't know what's wrong and have no interest in messing with it. I pulled the sata ssd, ram, and wifi card but if anyone wants the rest they are welcome to it. It has an i7-7500u cpu in it. Shipping from 28025.

Last edited:
Back