The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anyone need a Wii console?
2yo forced 3 CD's into it, now no video at all.
For shipping cost ill send the console and power cord

How the fuck did 3 CDs manage to...

Nevermind. No question. :p

Hope someone takes you up on this.

Ive no idea, maybe someone can use the AC adapter, or they can pop a Raspberry Pi into the case, otherwise Ill chuck it, I tried to open it, but you need a special tool

----------------Gone

Last edited:
Yeah, that was the first place I looked, would still cost me about 70-100$ :(
Thanks though

If you're setting up a lab, you need a box of Cat5e so you can make cables to length without having to coil them up everywhere and have a rats nest. I'd recommend getting a 1000ft box of Cat5e, a pack of RJ-45 ends and a crimp tool. You'll save a ton of money over going piecemeal.

1000ft Cat5e: $42
www.ebay.com/itm/171503240103

100 RJ-45 ends: $6
www.ebay.com/itm/291084979228

RJ-45/RJ-11 crimp tool: $11
www.ebay.com/itm/121728283780

For a total of $59.

If you've never wired up a Cat5e cable, there are two standards - T568A and T568B. The latter is the more commonly used standard, but you can use either as long as all cables are wired the same way.

T568A is:
White-Green, Green, White-Orange, Blue, White-Blue, Orange, White-Brown, Brown

T568B is:
White-Orange, Orange, White-Green, Blue, White-Blue, Green, White-Brown, Brown

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am hoping there is someone generous out there to have an unused Netbook or a small laptop (small being not 15.6" or larger) that they don't mind giving away for the shipping costs My Moms Asus X401A died and she needs another computer

The computer does not have to be a speed demon as she only uses it to browse the web and play old DOS games using DOSBox

A HDD is not needed

Please PM Me shipping cost to 06611

I am hoping there is someone generous out there to have an unused Netbook or a small laptop (small being not 15.6" or larger) that they don't mind giving away for the shipping costs My Moms Asus X401A died and she needs another computer

The computer does not have to be a speed demon as she only uses it to browse the web and play old DOS games using DOSBox

A HDD is not needed

Please PM Me shipping cost to 06611

unused? So you want a new one for free?

I have a cooler master elite 130 (since they're retailed at $40 probably not worth the cost of shipping, but who knows). It was dropped and one leg is bent in a little so it wobbles but it's minor and could most likely be popped out. PM me for details or pictures.

Expect shipping near $20 if I had to guess.

Have:

FINIS Neptune Underwater MP3 player

Amazon UK Link (since Finis discontinued this item).

I do NOT have the USB cable anymore (which charges the player as well).

I'd prefer to use USPS Flat Rate Box so just pay shipping via PP.

IMG_20170611_091722_zps8koheg8y.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
looking for a socket 775 or 1366 mobo

Because this is the freebies thread, I don't mind offering this up. It's a gamble so if you don't get any other offers: I have an Asus p5nd that I'm pretty sure I killed the cpu in (I was running at some crazy oc like 4.5 or something silly for a long time). I think it was the cpu, but I never verified. Cpu comes with it so if it was the board you get a binned, albeit old, cpu out of it at least. ;)

LOL, this is getting a little hectic.
Will post a full list of model #s as soon as I get back home and sort through the stack.

If you've never wired up a Cat5e cable, there are two standards - T568A and T568B. The latter is the more commonly used standard, but you can use either as long as all cables are wired the same way.

You can combine A and B on the same cable as well. it just make the cable a crossover cable but any moderne switch (aka withing the last 2 decades) does auto switching between uplink and normal port, so it doesn't matter if you use straight or crossover cable.

Up for grabs as is, can't verify working. Pretty sure they worked though. Will probably be first class and I don't think i have any static wrap :/

2gb kit (2x1gb) KWK007-ELC PC2-5300U 555-12-D1

1gb-pc133u 2Rx8 - I think this is ECC? (DIMM not so-dimm) Looks just like This

512mb ddr400 low profile ram (came out of printer I think)

first come first serve. No complaints. One set per person.
PM me Item name and mailing address. Continental US only please.
Not looking for reimbursement. Just want these to go to someone who will use them. Take the whole lot IDC anymore lol.

I'll take an AMD board :) Wanting to build a budget system so whatever higher end is avail is nice, don't care about colors or whatever. Thank youb

Got a few things. All free if you pay shipping. Preferably wouldn't mind meeting up with someone from the southeast who just wants all the stuff. If you are in Atlanta or close by lets meet up.

Asus p8z68-v - Craigslist buy, guy said it worked, it won't but, wouldn't answer any emails. Never could get it to work so no promises. Removed the battery recently to use on another board.

SbnuFNjh.jpg

Amd Athlon 64x2 with k9n6vgm-v mb and 2 gigs of ddr 2 - Worked last i checked, this used to belong to a buddy but I upgraded him 9 months ago and this has just been sitting in a box.

FuFZj3xh.jpg

D74m5H1h.jpg

Zalman HD501 HTPC case - Never used but did mess around with the inside. Great for a case modder or someone looking for a decent htpc case. Way too big for my current home theater, but it's a damn nice case.

uTuyN0vh.jpg

jopimL6h.jpg

Samsung Syncmaster 920nw monitor - 1400x900 tn panel. Maybe someone wants it for a niece/nephew/child or something. I can ship just the panel if any just wants that.

sCkdSGFh.jpg

Dell Small ass widescreen monitor - it's tiny. Maybe someone just needs a monitor for a terminal somewhere or something.

LHzgG0Eh.jpg

Got a few things. All free if you pay shipping. Preferably wouldn't mind meeting up with someone from the southeast who just wants all the stuff. If you are in Atlanta or close by lets meet up.

Asus p8z68-v - Craigslist buy, guy said it worked, it won't but, wouldn't answer any emails. Never could get it to work so no promises. Removed the battery recently to use on another board.

SbnuFNjh.jpg

Amd Athlon 64x2 with k9n6vgm-v mb and 2 gigs of ddr 2 - Worked last i checked, this used to belong to a buddy but I upgraded him 9 months ago and this has just been sitting in a box.

FuFZj3xh.jpg

D74m5H1h.jpg

Zalman HD501 HTPC case - Never used but did mess around with the inside. Great for a case modder or someone looking for a decent htpc case. Way too big for my current home theater, but it's a damn nice case.

uTuyN0vh.jpg

jopimL6h.jpg

Samsung Syncmaster 920nw monitor - 1400x900 tn panel. Maybe someone wants it for a niece/nephew/child or something. I can ship just the panel if any just wants that.

sCkdSGFh.jpg

Dell Small ass widescreen monitor - it's tiny. Maybe someone just needs a monitor for a terminal somewhere or something.

LHzgG0Eh.jpg
Interested in case

Okay folks, still stuck at work doing sh*t (yes, I'm a filthy heathen for working on a Sunday).
Haven't forgotten you guys :)

I found a clear pic of the mobo boxes, so without further ado, here they are :
- ASUS F1A75-M Pro --> SticKx911 (1st to PM - shipped)
- ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (bare mobo w/o IO shield) --> SticKx911 (1st to PM - shipped)
- ASUS F1A75-V Pro --> Kuurus (2nd to PM - shipped)
- Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 --> Kuurus (2nd to PM - shipped)
- ASRock A75 Pro4 --> jlbenedict (3rd to PM - shipped)
- Gigabyte A75-UD4H --> tacohunter52 (6th to PM - shipped)
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula --> me (to mess around with an FX-9370)

Disclaimer : All mobos presumed working and were HardOCP review samples.
Please don't RMA them, and they may or may not have Kyle's love juices on them ;)
As far as I can tell, they're all in like-new condition with all accessories and in retail boxes.

My PM inbox is a little flooded, so I'll probably only get a chance to sort through it much later tonight / early tomorrow to see who PMed first.

Update :

Outstanding PMs (in order)
techdude01
Durvelle27
<-- flaked
wra18th
livfree
FinestRyeBread
dexvx

Shipping PMs sent out, will update post if anything falls through

Last edited:
Okay folks, still stuck at work doing sh*t (yes, I'm a filthy heathen for working on a Sunday).
Haven't forgotten you guys :)

-
Gigabyte 990FX-UD3

I wonder if I PM'ed fast enough lol

EDIT: Oh. you mentioned you couldn't sort through it right now. Well I sent about like 40 seconds after the post so I guess I will wait and see if I was quick enough. : )

Last edited:
Also need a USB Analog-to-digital video converter.. Old DazzleDV or something to convert some old 8mm tapes.
Sorry for the late reply, but if your computer has a spare PCI-E slot, you can get a Firewire card for cheap. Just plug it in, plug in your DV camera, and you can use a number of free programs to dump the DV video straight from the tape onto a hard drive (then re-compress it at your leisure.)

It really sucks how Firewire is completely incompatible with USB. It's old tech, but it's still usable. :(

LHzgG0Eh.jpg
I might be able to use this. Can you tell me the model number, so I can look up specs?

You can combine A and B on the same cable as well. it just make the cable a crossover cable but any moderne switch (aka withing the last 2 decades) does auto switching between uplink and normal port, so it doesn't matter if you use straight or crossover cable.

I don't recommend using a crossover cable as a normal patch cable because it can lead to networking issues. Just because modern switches and NICs support weird cable configurations, doesn't mean you should go out of your way to wire it like that, because it's more of an idiot proof feature than a standard. There are very few uses for crossover cables today, the only two use cases I can think of are dumb cable modems which require them to connect to a single computer vs a router, or connecting two really old computers together that have NICs which can't negotiate over a regular patch cable.

I've had to clean up networking installations that did what you described, where one end used 568A and the other B. The runs which were switched like that had connectivity problems where the end device would either drop out constantly or have problems with heavy packet loss. Switching the 568A ends to 568B to match the other side fixed all problems.

would anyone happen to have extra analog cables for the wintv HD PVR 2? (rectangle connector)

Back