The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Nah, the 2 should be fine. Thanks though.

Things I'm getting ready to toss:
-PATA CD/DVD/HDD drives galore.
-Motorola DSL modem. No power adapter
-Motorola Surfboard sb5120 No power adapter
-Belkin f5d7230-4 router, also no power adapter

I might be able to dig a working adapter up for the motorolas, but I'm not 100% so I'm listing them as without. That belkin has a different size than the generic router size I'm used to and I never got one with it when it was given to me, so I know that one doesn't have one for sure.

I have a variety of pata drives. I can box and send them all or one by one. None of the hard drives have significant storage capacity, but can be useful if you're just testing an old system. If you're going to really put them to use, and not resell, I can send them for just heatware feedback. (I'll cover the cost of shipping)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a 20g and an 80g, assuming you wanted a hdd. I don't have a laptop pata optical drive.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has some working DDR2 ram lying around they willing to part with? I would prefer a 2gb stick as I only have 2 ram slots open (out of 4). I will pay for shipping and if you want to sell it for cheap, send me a pm as well. I have heatware/ebay.

Got the following codes for steam... PM me if you want the gift link. They are from Humble and I have no use for them:

Still Available:
Batman™: Arkham Origins *DLC Only*
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC)

Gone:
ARMA: Cold War Assault

Last edited:
I have a 20g and an 80g, assuming you wanted a hdd. I don't have a laptop pata optical drive.

80g shipping to starhawk tomorrow.

I dug up a few more things so I'll just post the list again:
-PATA CD/DVD/HDD drives galore. 2 desktop 20g and a laptop 20g. 1 CD ROM, 1 DVD ROM 2 CDRW, 2 DVDRW
-Motorola DSL modem. No power adapter
-Motorola Surfboard sb5120 No power adapter
-Belkin f5d7230-4 router, also no power adapter
-laptop cdr drive
-laptop dvdrm cdrw sbw242se
-laptop dvdrom cdrw gcc 4240n

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone have a small SATA drive for a laptop? I neec to do some Linux testing and don't have a spare at the moment.

I have an assortment of fans and grills up for grabs. Just pay shipping for the lot as I dont want to split it up and make 6 trips to the post office.

There are 13 80mm fans, some new and some used. Some have 2 pin plugs as they were pulls from power supply's. There is 1 120mm fan, 11 80mm fan grills, including the dragon one, 2 120mm grills and what apperas to be an 80 to 92mm adapter.

GONE

Edit: The 80mm in the box and the 80mm in the top right corner are BLUE LED's but the one in the top right corner is different than the lower left as the led's flash. The 80mm and the 120mm next to each other are GREEN LED's.

Last edited:
Anyone have a small SATA drive for a laptop? I neec to do some Linux testing and don't have a spare at the moment.

I have some leftover 20GB ones from Xbox 360s floating around I think if that is what you mean by "small".

how big is "small" I think I have an 80g floating around I can spare.

Anything between 20 and 80 would be fine I think.

The wife has a HP laptop I have been trying to isolate a random rebooting issue and its either the mainboard or something to do with the hard drive. I figured I'd pop in a spare drive and load Ubuntu on it and see if I could duplicate the problem. Usually I have one floating around but I gave the ones I had to a buddy of mine for his own projects (kids).

Last step before the laptop goes to the recycle bin, which is a pity as it was a fine unit which I just upgraded with a new battery and keyboard. It was fine one second and wonky the next.

Anything between 20 and 80 would be fine I think.

The wife has a HP laptop I have been trying to isolate a random rebooting issue and its either the mainboard or something to do with the hard drive. I figured I'd pop in a spare drive and load Ubuntu on it and see if I could duplicate the problem. Usually I have one floating around but I gave the ones I had to a buddy of mine for his own projects (kids).

Last step before the laptop goes to the recycle bin, which is a pity as it was a fine unit which I just upgraded with a new battery and keyboard. It was fine one second and wonky the next.

I couldn't run across the 20GB ones, but I did find a Fujitsu 40GB one from a PS3. I tested it, and it does work fine. Just let me know.

I have a single 2 gig DDR2 SoDimm if anyone is in need of it. Its a PC2-5300 chip.

anyone have any watercooling parts? I need some 1/2" OD hose clamps and 3/8" ID barbs. Anything else would be a kicker :)

also, if anyone has any of those screws that thread into the bottom of a laptop hard drive (or I guess an SSD too?), I could use 2-6 of them.

Last edited:
anyone have any watercooling parts? I need some 1/2" OD hose clamps and 3/8" ID barbs. Anything else would be a kicker :)

also, if anyone has any of those screws that thread into the bottom of a laptop hard drive (or I guess an SSD too?), I could use 2-6 of them.

You can use Zip ties as hose clamps, its what I use when I don't have enough hose clamps laying around.

About the laptop screws, it depends on which laptop model. I have a whole bunch of laptop drive bay screws, while they are very short and stubby, I've seen different types of thread sizes.

You can use Zip ties as hose clamps, its what I use when I don't have enough hose clamps laying around.

About the laptop screws, it depends on which laptop model. I have a whole bunch of laptop drive bay screws, while they are very short and stubby, I've seen different types of thread sizes.

I'll give zip ties a try, maybe I need some bigger ones, the ones on there are tight as I can make them but the hose isnt 100% tight.

as for the screws, I mean the screws that go into the bottom of a 2.5" drive. Arent they standard?

The 2.5'' laptop hard drive screws don't seem to be standard. I've tried taking a bag of laptop drive screws to a different laptop drive and sometimes they seem to cross thread or be too big/small in another drive...

All of the 2.5" drives I seen use a standard M3 screw that will fit both the bottom or side holes on the drive

The laptop part that screws into the chassis of the actual computer from the drive caddy may however be M2 or M2.5 I have dealt with both kinds

Dell Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 zs. (SB0350) This worked when pulled from service 2 years ago. Lil dusty from laying on the shelf in my closet.
Gone!

DSC00307_zps1661d194.jpg

DSC00308_zps624441b5.jpg

DSC00309_zps34ec0ad3.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Raider Pro Digital Joystick. Model - SV-251. I got this in a yard sale something like 4-5 years ago. Came with a Flight Simulator game. (I'm keeping the game) Never used it. Don't know if it works or not. Includes USB adapter. Lil dusty and a very tiny spot of rust on the USB connector.

Free + shipping
DSC00310_zps7a416b85.jpg

DSC00311_zps68a575b4.jpg

DSC00312_zpsa4f723b4.jpg
DSC00313_zpsd5feb2ff.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't run across the 20GB ones, but I did find a Fujitsu 40GB one from a PS3. I tested it, and it does work fine. Just let me know.

Drive arrived and I did some testing and I'm more baffled than before.

G60 laptop has a 2.2 ghz Celeron and 3 gig of ram. Reloaded Win7 64 bit from the recovery partition for a clean slate.

Random reboots.

Tonight I tried loading the newest version of Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bit from a DVD and pretty much the same damn thing happens. I can't even get it to load, it starts throwing up during the install process.

For the hell of it tried installing Ubuntu 10.4 (which I assue is 32 bit) and it installs and works flawless. Updates, applications the whole shooting match.

Tomorrow I'll take the original hard drive, blowing away everything and try loading a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and see what happens. Anyone ever hear of this?

Anybody have a DVI->HDMI adapter they could chuck my way...? For once I can cover shipping.

If I don't have it on its way by Thurs, I'll probably buy one locally... I'm trying to avoid that, though, because it means tossing dough at Radio Shack.

EDIT: also -- does anyone have a SMALL case I can have for shipping? mATX minitower / desktop or largish ITX. Other than that, anything goes. I have $25 total to spend right now.

Last edited:
Anybody have a DVI->HDMI adapter they could chuck my way...? For once I can cover shipping.

If I don't have it on its way by Thurs, I'll probably buy one locally... I'm trying to avoid that, though, because it means tossing dough at Radio Shack.

EDIT: also -- does anyone have a SMALL case I can have for shipping? mATX minitower / desktop or largish ITX. Other than that, anything goes. I have $25 total to spend right now.

I got an emachine case for matx board - can take pics if interested because was gonna throw out.

You need a dvi male - hdmi female ?

Back