The Game Festival: A demo event on Steam featuring games from The Game Awards

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Dorito Pope Geoff Keighley, showrunner of The Game Awards, made a post on Medium revealing that starting on Thursday morning Steam users will be able to download and play time-limited demos of games featured during the award show for a 48-hour period. The event will start 1000 PST on Thursday, December 12, and run through Saturday at the same time. Geoff revealed 13 game demos in his Medium post, but hints that more will be available. These are the titles shared:

Along with this event he shared that the stream will be broadcast in 4K and have chances to win a Valve Index and various games.

Opinion: The Game Awards, despite Geoff's efforts, have always been a joke among the gaming community I interact with. If anything, it is always an entertaining watch for the endless cringe. Geoff seems to be out of touch with gamers and tries too hard to bring the show into the mainstream by featuring meaningless celebrities to pimp new titles when it should be a celebration of the art form. But that's just me.

I will have to check out free demos of games I've never heard of.

There are surprisingly few demos available on Steam, and the two week limit on refunds means I don't want to bother with new games until I have the dedicated time to play them.

Not having to bother with the refund process means I will at least check all these games out.

I got a chance to try Eastward and Haven tonight (and enjoyed both.)

I'll have to try the rest of the games on my short list tomorrow night.

Dorito pope... How does one... Acquire this title.
The below video happened at a peak time when corporatism was entering gaming. They had been trying to penetrate gaming for years up to this point, but this is when they went full hog and why the gaming stereotype is one who lives on a diet of Mountain Dew and Doritos.

upload_2019-12-13_9-36-5.png

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dorito-pope

Back