The Big News. In Wii

TeK-FX

Limp Gawd
I recently registered all my Nintendo products and was given a couple free issues of Nintendo Power. There are a couple tid bits of information I am going to throw out there....

The company will ship 6 million systems between the fall launch and March '07

The Wii WILL NOT EXCEED 250 (they highlighted it, I just bolded) Plus you will no longer have to worry about picking up that second job to pay for it :D

Secret titles being developed by Banpresto, D3PA, Eidos, Epoch, FromSoftware, The Game Factory, Genki, Jaleco, Koei, Mastiff, Milestone, MTO, Tomy, Vivendi and Warner
Bros. Interactive. WOW, I mean on top of the great lineup thay have coming at release this just makes me want it sooner!

Plus Reggie might just become the new prez and operating officer of NOA.

I am just waiting for this new console to come out becasue I really believe Nintendo did a great job this time around.

In the latest issue I pulled previous information they mentioned a DBZ game in the works. Now for people who don't like DBZ, don't flame, I am just putting info out there for people...

They said in the article you would use the Wii controller to act out certain moves like the Kamehameha exactly as they did in the cartoon series. I think the direction Nintendo is taking us is going to be better than anyone expected.

Zelda is a GCN game, ported to the Wii to use the new controller thats it. However, I will be buying a Wii myself for a few games that look fun.

It will make a nice sidekick console to my 360. :p

Reggie was promoted to president on 25th May, otherwise some nice news there.

Smiffy said:
Reggie was promoted to president on 25th May, otherwise some nice news there.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i knew all the info already.. and reggie is already prez.. that happened a few weeks ago..

Can't win them all :)

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i knew all the info already.. and reggie is already prez.. that happened a few weeks ago..

You get a..

images.jpg

TeK-FX said:
......Secret titles being developed by Banpresto, D3PA, Eidos, Epoch, FromSoftware, The Game Factory, Genki, Jaleco, Koei, Mastiff, Milestone, MTO, Tomy, Vivendi and Warner
Bros. Interactive. WOW, I mean on top of the great lineup thay have coming at release this just makes me want it sooner!..

Easy everyone :eek:

The quoted above is the most important part of this thread. :)

Nintendo is good with surprise games ala Diddy Kong Racing for the N64 style :)

Isaacav2 said:
Easy everyone :eek:

The quoted above is the most important part of this thread. :)

Nintendo is good with surprise games ala Diddy Kong Racing for the N64 style :)

Not to go off topic, but Diddy Kong Racing was pretty good imo, even if it did feel a bit like Mario Kart.

There is no point getting excited about "Secret Titles" OOOOOOOO wow :rolleyes:

Also 250?! That is a little high for what the Wii has to offer, if it had announced no more than 200 then that would have been some better news....or even 150.

I will wait until I hear about some more interesting games then the simple tech demos and ports they have currently. About the only thing that is an actual game that seems to work well is SMB Galaxy. And one game does not a good console make.

Erasmus354 said:
Also 250?! That is a little high for what the Wii has to offer, if it had announced no more than 200 then that would have been some better news....or even 150.

well, depends on accessories included. hopefully they give us 2 remotes and nunchucks.

Erasmus354 said:
: Also 250?! That is a little high for what the Wii has to offer, if it had announced no more than 200 then that would have been some better news....or even 150.

I will wait until I hear about some more interesting games then the simple tech demos and ports they have currently. About the only thing that is an actual game that seems to work well is SMB Galaxy. And one game does not a good console make.

So how much is that X360 wireless adapter? I think people fail to realize what exactly you're getting for $200-ish (or $250 if they do include a bunch of stuff like 2 controllers and a game and such).

For instance, there is so much tech in that controller, that it is far more advanced than anything we've ever seen on the market. If you can get this page to load: http://www.revogamers.net/index.php?do=viewarticle&id=253 you'll see that someone took it apart at a Wii press event in Europe, and it has an Actel chip in there. If you're not familiar with it, it's the same type of chip that 90%+ of mod chips on the market use, because it is extremely capable with its rewritable ram/rom and very versetile. In fact, this is more of a secret than any of the 'secret games' that are being developed. What is Nintendo going to do with a rewritable chip in their controller?

Edit: that main site is down, here's the pic here:
http://www.revogamers.net/Imag/Wiimadrid/mando_abierto.jpg

Erasmus354 said:
There is no point getting excited about "Secret Titles" OOOOOOOO wow :rolleyes:

I don't think any console has come out under 200. Saying the Wii is only worth 150 is under estimating what the thing can do. If it works like they say it does I don't think 250 is unfair at all. If you don't want to spend 250 on a Wii you can always spend 600 on a ps3.

All Nintendo consoles EVER have come out at a $199 base price. The Wii won't be any different, unless there is an optional $250 package deal (i.e. extra controllers, games packed in, etc) - that's why they've set their price ceiling at $250.

This was meant to be an informational post...

To show the lineup of developers getting behind the new Nintendo console, give a more "set" price that will show what you will NOT be paying over and to just tell the people who might not know about this stuff.

If you do not have anything to contribute positively then get out because I did not make this thread so people could thread crap...

Are you on crack? They said about a month ago that the Wii wont be more then 25000 Yen which back then was about $222, but I just looked on google and 25k yen is only $214.99. 90% Sure its going to be $199.

Back