The Best LowProfile MiniITX Case for gaming

Konias

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I would like, ask you to help me.
I need find computer case small enaugh to easy carrying for example in backpack.
I want some lowprofile case, but with TWO positions for cards, not only one. I will use low profile, two slot graphics card like Nvidia GTS 450 from Palit or Radeon 5750 from Powercolor.

( For Example, I like ANTEC ISK series, but there is only one slot.)

Thank you very mouch

Last edited:
Sure, but many itx cases are actually mini-dtx (2 pci slot) compatible. e.g. SG05/07. Only thing is that they are not lowprofile

Yes, I now. Thank you. ITX with two slot is actualy DTX form factor. But manufacturer marked almost everything like ITX cases. I hope, that, there will be some unknown excelent case :D. Micro ATX is too big for carrying.

For illustration, I want to build SFF mobile PC with componnets:

CPU: My old aproved Phenom II X4 905e ( 2,5Ghz, 65W)
MOBO: I must buy, Probably new Zotac ZOTAC 890GX-ITX WiFi
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images-SRW.tpl&product_id=352&category_id=130&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100185&lang=em
RAM: 8Gb DDRIII 1333Mhz
1.HDD: 128Gb SSD Kingstone V+ for system
2. 2,5" HDD for Multimedia
VGA: Palit Low Profile NVIDIA GTS 450 or Powercolor Radeon 5750 LP

Case: ?
PSU: ?

Last edited:
How about this case? It is a barebones, but is DTX/ITX with dual low profile slots, plus it uses a TFX form factor PSU, so you can get that excellent Seasonic 350W unit for it.

Do you plan on using an optical drive? The slot for a regular or slim CD/DVD drive could limit your case choices, as well. But you could also get a slim optical/notebook HDD combo adapter for a 5-1/4" external bay.

There are some decent ITX case options even if you don't plan on modding or using the Sugo SG05. The Antec ISK or Apex MI series of mini-itx cases are compact, although the Apex aren't good for any overclocked systems (most people use a 120mm fan for extra ventilation, but I never bothered). The Thermaltake Element Q is a decent Apex clone. Whatever you choose, you could mount that SSD anywhere using velcro and get a 3.5" adapter for the two notebook drives, or use a slot adapter (with a dual slot enclosure).

The "Wavy" is just about the only decent, still available LP mini-ITX DTX case I've found.

Hmm, I'd never heard about the In-Win Wavy, but I would have some "aesthetic issues" with that "stylish wavy front panel", as they put it. :)

Hi,
this is a genre that has always interested me, especially after the release of the Palit 450.
The foxconn seems like a nice solution, especially for the power supply that can be replaced with ease, it is doubtful with the Wavy.
In Europe the model that you put in link, with the holes at the top and sides, is not readily available otherwise I would have certainly tried to do some configuration.
Consider, however non-marginal one aspect, the GTS450 is a small oven and have in front of cooler a power supply with no holes for air could make the fan very noisy.
I follow you.

Hi,
this is a genre that has always interested me, especially after the release of the Palit 450.
The foxconn seems like a nice solution, especially for the power supply that can be replaced with ease, it is doubtful with the Wavy.
In Europe the model that you put in link, with the holes at the top and sides, is not readily available otherwise I would have certainly tried to do some configuration.
Consider, however non-marginal one aspect, the GTS450 is a small oven and have in front of cooler a power supply with no holes for air could make the fan very noisy.
I follow you.

Thanks for your opinion. I agree with you.
Wavy and Foxconn are usable, but I must admit, I dont like the look of Foxcon case. The Wavy isnt available in stores.

I have no experience with low profile GTS 450. I just like it. The noise and overheating, should be a problem ofcourse.

Case from Apex or Thermaltake, are interesting. For change, there is needed one slot, full height VGA ;). But im more worried about processor cooling. The Silverstone Sugo SG 05 or 06 are better choice, but i dont now, how different are dimensions.

If I didnt want to carry the computer. So I will buy Silverstone Sugo SG07, 08 or Lian Li Q08 or Q11.

Optical drive:
I can use notebooks optical drive, but its not necessary. Its velcome bonus.

we talked about here, I've never been able to find those who sell...
I found photo of an old experiment, similar to what you want to achieve, under stress the fan ran really strong, why the GTS450, as I told you , very hot by its nature.

I think in the Foxconn we would be more space if you replace the power supply with a flex like that in my photo.

we talked about here, I've never been able to find those who sell...
I found photo of an old experiment, similar to what you want to achieve, under stress the fan ran really strong, why the GTS450, as I told you , very hot by its nature.

I think in the Foxconn we would be more space if you replace the power supply with a flex like that in my photo.

looks like a noise machine to me.

Back