The best 2.1 speakers?

ColdFusionKid

Limp Gawd
I dont want to fool with speakers over here and behind me .... i just want a NICE speaker set that comes with a good sub... 2 sattelites and a sub...

I use my head set for gaming... just want some speakers for loud music with good bass to it... sry if i sound like a noob... i am :)

I will do some searching... i guess you get what you pay for though?

bah, if you want real sound, go build yourself some DIY speakers and get a nice amp for them. Depends on the budget though. I've been sorely dissapointed with klipsch speakers in auditions, and can't recommend them.

bobsaget said:
Get the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's THX, they are great!

No debating this one...pretty cut and dry. Anyone in disagreement, take a look at some of the engineering papers behind Klipsch's speakers. Damn high quality.

It depends on the budget. There are better computer speakers than the Klipsch PMs. It's true. Of course, it also depends on taste.

I'm also looking for 2.1's. I had it down between the altec lansings and the klipsch, but the logitech z-2200s look good too.

If you have it narrowed down to Two or three speakers, then it might be worth your while to find somplace where you can audition them. Use familiar CDs.

Yea really...Altec Lansing..???

Yea ok... but seriously Klipsch 2.1's hands down. I own them and they are a thing of beauty.

well we dont have a budget, so personaly a pair of B&W Nautilus will do you good and then power it with a nice set of power amps etc.. and drop a couple of hundred thou on a sub and you should be set.... if not then the klipsch should go nice

but all serious you should look at building with seperates, its not hard, and you can get much better resaults for less money,

stu

that is the same review I've seen a few months ago. :rolleyes:

Why don't you go out and listen to different systems and decide what is best for you. Reviews just give insight but nothing can substitute your own ears.

same question every other day, same answer everytime.
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Anything else priced higher, including the Altec MX is a rip off.

I wonder how the FX6021's compare with the 5021's. Its a lot more expensive, so is the price increase worth it?

Ill put my vote in for the logitech mx5021 for best 2.1. The quality, clarity, and loudness of them together beats any other 2.1 system IMO. Even listening to digitally imported streamed at 96kbps Im hearing sounds Ive never heard before. The quality could almost be described as "perfect", there is nothing more I could desire from these speakers. The bass is the most accurate I have ever heard, instead of rock the house BOOOOM when the bass hits it could be described more as a melody of sounds. The bass hits extremely low, so you can feel it inside of you not the pictures on your wall. My past 2.1 speaker systems would pound the music and boom, boom, boom was all I could hear outside the room. With the mx5021 instead I can tell the song from the deep vibrations outside the room.

Thats just the music, I could also go into detail about how impressed I am with control pod style/functionality and design/build quality of the speakers.

If your deciding between several sets of speakers in this price range I would definately give these a try.

My Klipsch 2.1's are great, but I wouldn't be surprised if people made a better 2.1 set by now. Remember, these Klipsch 2.1's have been out for some time, and I've used mine for 2 years now, sometimes I've beaten on them pretty hard and they have never given me any problems. They are nice and reliable, and I've never heard nearly as many Klipsch RMA's compared to Logitech RMA's. You know what I'm talking about.

Never had a problem with my Klipsch's in terms of reliability. *knocks on wood* :)

I'd go with the PM 2.1. Although the MX5021 has great sats and lively midrange, it lacks a capible sub. The PM 2.1s sub is a 6.5" monster when you look at other systems with the same size driver. Besides, the MX5021 is $200, the PM 2.1 can be found for $120. Slap on two JBL N24II speakers for an extra $80 and you got a system that will bring the MX5021 to its knees, for the same price.

hooting_monkey said:
Slap on two JBL N24II speakers for an extra $80 and you got a system that will bring the MX5021 to its knees, for the same price.

I am interested in doing this... How? (I'm assuming you are talking about the Klispch PM's...)

Oh and to kinda stay on topic, Hey coldfusion, have you gotten anything yet?

Wanted to revive this thread since it's not too old. Looks to be some Klipsch sackriders in here. I just orderd the Altec Lansing MX5021 set yesterday instead of the Klipsch after reading reviews in favor of both. I know listening yourself is better but I don't have the time or patience for that. Can anyone give me positive input on the Altecs or negative for that matter ONLY from people who own them please! I'm pretty much past my hip hop loving, bass thumping days so the lack of strong bass some people have mentioned doesn't much bother me. Anyone? Anyone?

just get a reciever with sub-out, a pair of cerwin vega 5-1/4 shelf speakers, and a c-v 10" sub. For about $400, you will have enough power to shake an entire building.

CRXican said:
Wanted to revive this thread since it's not too old. Looks to be some Klipsch sackriders in here. I just orderd the Altec Lansing MX5021 set yesterday instead of the Klipsch after reading reviews in favor of both. I know listening yourself is better but I don't have the time or patience for that. Can anyone give me positive input on the Altecs or negative for that matter ONLY from people who own them please! I'm pretty much past my hip hop loving, bass thumping days so the lack of strong bass some people have mentioned doesn't much bother me. Anyone? Anyone?

bump

my Klipsch PM 2.1's have been a pain in the ass... or would it be ear?

nice sound, but bad control pod (or so I think)

Bugalaman said:
my Klipsch PM 2.1's have been a pain in the ass... or would it be ear?

nice sound, but bad control pod (or so I think)
control pod?

I had the PM2.1 and now have the MX5021. Yes the PM sub is a little bit stronger but for most people they would not notice it. The MX5021 mids and highs are a step above the PM 2.1. Also I like the look of the MX5021 over the PM 2.1. The control pod for the MX5021 is a lot better then the PM 2.1 and the wireless remote that comes with the MX5021 is great.

I also have to say, for games, and music the Altec MX5021's ae better the PM 2.1's. But for movies I am gonna have to give the edge to the PM 2.1's B/C of the better sub. But One thing the Altec system is the smooth transistions between sub and speakers. The sub is not over boomy, but I know its their and I love the sats. The Contoll pod is 100x times better and it also has the wireless remot. And The PM 2.1s are 149$ and the Altec's are about 169$ local for me around 130$ on the egg. These speakers are the new king of 2.1 MM speaker setup.

I like what I'm hearing, thanks guys. Wish they had shipped from the CA warehouse instead of TN!!!

Vengance_01 said:
I also have to say, for games, and music the Altec MX5021's ae better the PM 2.1's. But for movies I am gonna have to give the edge to the PM 2.1's B/C of the better sub. But One thing the Altec system is the smooth transistions between sub and speakers. The sub is not over boomy, but I know its their and I love the sats. The Contoll pod is 100x times better and it also has the wireless remot. And The PM 2.1s are 149$ and the Altec's are about 169$ local for me around 130$ on the egg. These speakers are the new king of 2.1 MM speaker setup.

get it through your fscking head it is NOT the new king of 2.1

why do people keep saying that when there are others which are better

Back