The age old question...

BakedGoods

Limp Gawd
*Admins: I moved this to the more active general video card forum, feel free to delete this =)

Alright, I want to get an X800, but I heard the XT's aren't being shipped yet?! What's going on? I've heard of a few people getting an XT, where are you guys buying them from? Does anyone know what ATi's ETA is for the worldwide XT release? I know that if it takes too long I'll settle for a Pro but if ANYONE knows where I can buy an X800XT (that ships to Canada) I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Just buy a 6800 GT its a better card, Nvida has one this round of the battle, If you are willing to spend $400 on a graphics card get the 6800GT

The x800 is made on Old technology, But if you just have to have ATI and fell a need to be ripped off then get the x800 xt pe

Sorry man, I'm an ATi fanboy. Unless the 6800 can constantly beat the X800XT is every single benchmark known to man then yes, I'll consider it. But I don't want this thread to be a flame war, I just want to know where to buy an XT!

I looked a bit more around the site, and the Pro's are infact $10 more then the XT's, so I'm assuming that XT price is wrong...?

unless you are willing to pay $700-$800 America dollars on ebay, you will very unlikely be getting this card anytime in the next 2 months. ATI is having issues getting the memory, and there are already thousands of people trying to get the card.

A 6800GT OC'd runs very close to the XT PE in most games @ Max res, not to mention in beating it in D3 as well.

you should be a 'fan' of value and available technology. Not for a card that noone can get their hands on, and missing next generation features.

damn man, if the dude wants to spend 700 on an ati card stop tryin to tell him hes wrong. its his money, he worked for it, he earned, so let him spend it the way he wants to. im sick of nvidia dickriders goin to ati threads and sayin get a gt

zombie10k said:
unless you are willing to pay $700-$800 America dollars on ebay, you will very unlikely be getting this card anytime in the next 2 months. ATI is having issues getting the memory, and there are already thousands of people trying to get the card.

A 6800GT OC'd runs very close to the XT PE in most games @ Max res, not to mention in beating it in D3 as well.

you should be a 'fan' of value and available technology. Not for a card that noone can get their hands on, and missing next generation features.
Why cant you just respect his opinion of what he likes, you sound like an advertisment or something.

Back